Minecraft TU14 Released for PS3, Xbox 360 Plus Texture Pack News; Minecraft with Oculus Rift Plan Scrapped
By Gel Galang | March 27, 2014 11:31 AM EST
"Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition Title Update 14 will start rolling out in less than 1.5 hours. May take some time to be available everywhere," said 4J Studios earlier, which means that the Minecraft TU14 is already supposed to be out and available.
The PS3 version will be rolling out a little later. "Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition Patch 1.04 (TU14) will launch on March 27th!"
Aside from the Minecraft PS3 TU14, March 27 will also introduce some skin packs. The Skin Pack 1, the Battle & Beasts Skin Pack, the Plastic Texture Pack, and the City Texture Pack for Minecraft PS3.
In case there are bugs spotted in the Minecraft TU14, the developer is encouraging players to post bug finds, perhaps to be fixed in TU15? In any case, this is the link to go to when you find a bug.
So far, 4JSteve has already posted one official and confirmed bug, the Black Disappearing Bug, which occurs when the player "digs straight down and holds the Right Trigger" or when the user has host privileged enabled while flying in Survival mode.
Plans for Minecraft on the Oculus Rift scrapped by Notch
When Notch of Mojang had gotten a dev kit of the Oculus Rift, he was pretty much convinced despite the earlier flaws that it was a new piece of technology that would be a game-changing experience. And the feeling was mutual, as he has been reminded time and again to visit the headquarters of Oculus Rift.
According to his blog entry, despite being unsure of whether Minecraft will thrive with the medium, Notch and the developers have started talking with Oculus Rift on how they could put the platform to great use on Minecraft.
Then the deal happened, and the shift just does not sits well with the developer. "We were in talks about maybe bringing a version of Minecraft Oculus. I just cancelled that deal. Facebook creeps me out," said Mojang's Markus Persson a.k.a. Notch over at his Twitter.
"Don't get me wrong, VR is not bad for social. In fact, I think social could become one of the biggest applications of VR. Being able to sit in a virtual living room and see your friend's avatar? Business meetings? Virtual cinemas where you feel like you're actually watching the movie with your friend who is seven time zones away?" he said in his blog Notch.net. "But I don't want to work with social, I want to work with games."
Even though the Oculus Rift may no longer be part of Mojang's plan s for Minecraft, Notch does hint at the fact that it may not necessarily be the end of VR for the game.
"Fortunately, the rise of Oculus coincided with competitors emerging. None of them are perfect, but competition is a very good thing. I definitely want to be part of VR but I will not work with Facebook."
So far, there is one mod that enables the use of Oculus Rift to play Minecraft, but as far as a full version goes, Sony's Project Morpheus may be the next best thing, particularly for those aiming to get the PS4 version of the game.
Read gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James