'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: 2014 PaleyFest Promo Video Features the Arrival of New Villain Markos [WATCH]
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 27, 2014 11:27 AM EST
"The Vampire Diaries" stars Ian Somerhalder, Nina Dobrev and Paul Wesley attended the 2014 PaleyFest to promote the CW TV series and give the exclusive preview on what fans can expect in the upcoming Season 5 episodes. The biggest tease in the promo video involves the arrival of new villain Markos (Raffi Barsoumian) and the Delena relationship.
The promo video reveals that Travellers, vampires and doppelgangers have a role to play before Markos enters the picture. Caroline (Candice Accola) and Enzo (Michael Malarkey) must find Stefan's (Paul Wesley) doppelganger in Atlanta so Sloan (Caitlin McHugh) will not hurt the Salvatore vampire anymore.
However, it looks like Stefan will be in trouble because Sloan is not holding her end of the bargain and this makes the blonde vampire upset. "We had a deal. I find Stefan's last living doppelganger and, in return, you stop using Stefan to psychically doppel-bomb him," Caroline stated.
What about the Delena breakup? Well, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) just wants to rip Elena's (Nina Dobrev) clothes off and kiss every square inch of her body but Elena wants to be free after describing their relationship to be messy and complicated.
The other intense scenes in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 promo video teased about siblings Liv (Penelope Mitchell) and Luke (Chris Brochu) making their next move that has something to do with Bonnie (Kat Graham) as the Anchor to the Other Side. Bonnie's grandma returns to warn her that here is something wrong at the Other Side.
Elena finds out about the arrival of Markos and she is not happy about it. "Perfect. A dead old guy with a mysterious evil plan," Elena stated. The clip continued to show intense fight scenes as well as Stefan and Elena in trouble as Markos and the Travellers accomplish their plan.
The new villain in Mystic Falls even revealed that he is reason why Stefan and Elena are being drawn together. Given that his plan focuses on the doppelgangers, it appears that Markos succeeded as he stated the words "It's done" before the promo video ended.
The Wet Paint report listed down the possible answers to the main question regarding Markos' arrival: What does he want? The report noted that the Travellers' leader may want to kill the doppelgangers since they are really obsessed with them, to retrieve someone from the Other Side or to kill the vampires with the use of doppelganger blood since the Travellers, particularly Sloan, showed interest in Dr Wes Maxfield's (Rick Cosnett) experiments and helped him by funding his evil project.
"The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 airs Thursday nights at 8 pm ET on the CW Network. Episode 17 titled "Rescue Me" is scheduled to air on March 27, 2014.
More Articles to Read:
Paul Wesley: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Tease About Stefan-Caroline or Steroline 'Friendly/Romantic' Moment in Episode 17 'Rescue Me' - [READ]
Ian Somerhalder: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Looking Hot and Sexy in New Azzaro Pour Homme Fragrance Ad [WATCH] - [READ]
Nina Dobrev: 'Vampire Diaries' Actress Glad Katherine is Gone, Reveals Reason Why - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff