Shocked Asda Shoppers Witness Brit Woman Slit Own Throat at Supermarket
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 27, 2014 10:01 AM EST
A woman who had Asian features and estimated to be between the ages of 20 and 40 killed herself inside an Asda supermarket in Shipley, West Yorkshire, on Tuesday night..
To the horror of shoppers and store workers, she slit her throat in an aisle while in front of shocked staff and customers. The incident happened at the hardware section of Asda.
The woman, who was eventually identified, was pronounced dead when emergency services arrived at the scene. Her identity was established after the police asked for the public's assistance in knowing her identity.
The police said there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death of the woman. Investigation said that she took a knife from a rack in the hardware section , removed it from its packaging and stabbed herself.
Police closed the store to investigate but reopened it on Wednesday morning.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design