Shocked Asda Shoppers Witness Brit Woman Slit Own Throat at Supermarket
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 27, 2014 10:01 AM EST
A woman who had Asian features and estimated to be between the ages of 20 and 40 killed herself inside an Asda supermarket in Shipley, West Yorkshire, on Tuesday night..
To the horror of shoppers and store workers, she slit her throat in an aisle while in front of shocked staff and customers. The incident happened at the hardware section of Asda.
The woman, who was eventually identified, was pronounced dead when emergency services arrived at the scene. Her identity was established after the police asked for the public's assistance in knowing her identity.
The police said there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death of the woman. Investigation said that she took a knife from a rack in the hardware section , removed it from its packaging and stabbed herself.
Police closed the store to investigate but reopened it on Wednesday morning.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’