Shocked Asda Shoppers Witness Brit Woman Slit Own Throat at Supermarket
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 27, 2014 10:01 AM EST
A woman who had Asian features and estimated to be between the ages of 20 and 40 killed herself inside an Asda supermarket in Shipley, West Yorkshire, on Tuesday night..
To the horror of shoppers and store workers, she slit her throat in an aisle while in front of shocked staff and customers. The incident happened at the hardware section of Asda.
The woman, who was eventually identified, was pronounced dead when emergency services arrived at the scene. Her identity was established after the police asked for the public's assistance in knowing her identity.
The police said there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death of the woman. Investigation said that she took a knife from a rack in the hardware section , removed it from its packaging and stabbed herself.
Police closed the store to investigate but reopened it on Wednesday morning.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James