Shocked Asda Shoppers Witness Brit Woman Slit Own Throat at Supermarket
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 27, 2014 10:01 AM EST
A woman who had Asian features and estimated to be between the ages of 20 and 40 killed herself inside an Asda supermarket in Shipley, West Yorkshire, on Tuesday night..
To the horror of shoppers and store workers, she slit her throat in an aisle while in front of shocked staff and customers. The incident happened at the hardware section of Asda.
The woman, who was eventually identified, was pronounced dead when emergency services arrived at the scene. Her identity was established after the police asked for the public's assistance in knowing her identity.
The police said there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death of the woman. Investigation said that she took a knife from a rack in the hardware section , removed it from its packaging and stabbed herself.
Police closed the store to investigate but reopened it on Wednesday morning.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast