Gwyneth Paltrow-Chris Martin Split: 5 Failed Relationships of Oscar-Winning Actress
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 27, 2014 3:09 AM EST
Actress Gwyneth Paltrow and husband Chris Martin, front man of British rock band Coldplay, shocked their fans on Tuesday, by announcing their decision to part ways, ending 10 years of marriage. The 41-year-old Oscar-winning actress made the split public on her website Goop.
Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow
The celebrity couple, who got married at a hotel in Southern California in 2003, has two children: Apple (9) and Moses (7).
"It is with hearts full of sadness that we have decided to separate. We have been working hard for well over a year, some of it together, some of it separated, to see what might have been possible between us, and we have come to the conclusion that while we love each other very much we will remain separate," said the couple, in a statement titled "Conscious Uncoupling".
"We are, however, and always will be a family, and in many ways we are closer than we have ever been. We are parents first and foremost, to two incredibly wonderful children and we ask for their and our space and privacy to be respected at this difficult time. We have always conducted our relationship privately, and we hope that as we consciously uncouple and coparent, we will be able to continue in the same manner."
The split is not the first for Paltrow. In fact, it is her fifth failed relationship with high-profile personalities, including Brad Pitt, Ben Affleck, Scott Speedman and Luke Wilson.
The 5 Failed Relationships of Gwyneth Paltrow:
1. Brad Pitt: Paltrow was in a relationship with the star from 2004 to 2007 but she broke off her engagement, amid rumors that she cheated on him with actor John Hannah. She was 24 years old then.
2. Ben Affleck: Paltrow was in a relationship with Affleck from 1997 to 2000. It was a roller coaster relationship and the actress was even accused of cheating on her then-boyfriend with Viggo Mortensen.
3. Scott Speedman: Paltrow reportedly also dated actor Scott Speedman, her co-star in "Duets" (2000). However, that relationship did not last long as well.
4. Luke Wilson: Paltrow was in a relationship with actor Luke Wilson, her co-star in "The Royal Tenenbaums" (2001), but it ended after a year.
5. Chris Martin: Paltrow met the Grammy award-winning Coldplay front man, just three weeks after the death of her father Bruce in 2002, and they tied the knot in 2003. They went through rough times, including allegations of infidelity in their 10 years of marriage. Martin's closeness to actress Kate Bosworth was also questioned in 2009. It was also reported that Paltrow cheated on her husband with Miami hotelier Jeff Soffer, which she denied.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William And Kate Middleton Complete NYC Tour Itinerary [PHOTOS]
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Reveals Sith Plus John Boyega And Daisy Ridley’s Characters And Much More—Reports
- Cameron Diaz, Benji Madden Engaged – Reports
- Channing Tatum-Jenna Dewan Tatum Split: Channing Disregards Amber Heard Link-Up Reports, Says Wife 'Puts Everything in Perspective'
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 19 Spoilers: Major Confrontations And More Drama Stirs Up In Genoa City
- ‘NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Spoilers: Episode 9 'Traitor' Airs On Nov. 24, 2014, Hetty Orders A Lockdown To Locate The Mole In The ‘NCIS LA’ Team Who Has Put Granger’s Life In Danger [WATCH VIDEO]
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Germany, Not U.S., Is The World’s Favorite Country; UK, Canada, Australia Maintain Top 10 Spots