NBA Betting Preview: Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers Live Streaming Information
By James Patrick Quizon | March 27, 2014 1:11 AM EST
Both the Miami Heat and Indiana Pacers have struggled of late. That’s not stopping them East powerhouse teams in going at each other’s throats when they face one another in a marquee match-up on Wednesday at the Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indiana.
NBA: Portland Trail Blazers at Miami Heat
The Heat and Pacers have exactly the same mediocre record in the month of March: just splitting their past 14 games with 7 wins against 7 losses.
While Miami is coming off a home win over the Portland Trail Blazers, 93-91 in their last game, Indiana suffered back-to-back losses in their last two road games—falling to the Memphis Grizzlies, 82-71 and Chicago Bulls, 89-77.
Curiously, the East contenders’ struggles have come from opposite ends of the spectrum. Miami is giving up 103.8 points per game in their seven losses this month—a clear sign that the defending champions’ problem is their defense.
Meanwhile, Indiana is averaging a measly 85.3 PPG in their losses this month as opposing teams took advantage of the Pacers’ offensive lull in this stretch.
LeBron James had 32 points in the Portland win as the Heat also got contributions from Chris Bosh (15 points and 8 rebounds) and Chris Andersen (13 points).
The Pacers only scored 77 in their last outing and most of their stars struggled from the floor. Paul George had 21 points (8/22 FG), David West had 14 points (4/12 FG) and Lance Stephenson had 8 points (3/9 FG).
Watch the Heat-Pacers match-up via the NBA League Pass.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Miami Heat Trends
- The Heat are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games
- The Heat are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. East teams
- The Heat are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Central division teams
Indiana Pacers Trends
- The Pacers are 6-20-1 ATS in their last 27 games
- The Pacers are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games at home
- The Pacers are 2-10-1 ATS in their last 23 games vs. East teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft