NBA Betting Preview: Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers Live Streaming Information
By James Patrick Quizon | March 27, 2014 1:11 AM EST
Both the Miami Heat and Indiana Pacers have struggled of late. That’s not stopping them East powerhouse teams in going at each other’s throats when they face one another in a marquee match-up on Wednesday at the Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indiana.
NBA: Portland Trail Blazers at Miami Heat
The Heat and Pacers have exactly the same mediocre record in the month of March: just splitting their past 14 games with 7 wins against 7 losses.
While Miami is coming off a home win over the Portland Trail Blazers, 93-91 in their last game, Indiana suffered back-to-back losses in their last two road games—falling to the Memphis Grizzlies, 82-71 and Chicago Bulls, 89-77.
Curiously, the East contenders’ struggles have come from opposite ends of the spectrum. Miami is giving up 103.8 points per game in their seven losses this month—a clear sign that the defending champions’ problem is their defense.
Meanwhile, Indiana is averaging a measly 85.3 PPG in their losses this month as opposing teams took advantage of the Pacers’ offensive lull in this stretch.
LeBron James had 32 points in the Portland win as the Heat also got contributions from Chris Bosh (15 points and 8 rebounds) and Chris Andersen (13 points).
The Pacers only scored 77 in their last outing and most of their stars struggled from the floor. Paul George had 21 points (8/22 FG), David West had 14 points (4/12 FG) and Lance Stephenson had 8 points (3/9 FG).
Watch the Heat-Pacers match-up via the NBA League Pass.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Miami Heat Trends
- The Heat are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games
- The Heat are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. East teams
- The Heat are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Central division teams
Indiana Pacers Trends
- The Pacers are 6-20-1 ATS in their last 27 games
- The Pacers are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games at home
- The Pacers are 2-10-1 ATS in their last 23 games vs. East teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best