NBA Betting Preview: Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers Live Streaming Information
By James Patrick Quizon | March 27, 2014 1:11 AM EST
Both the Miami Heat and Indiana Pacers have struggled of late. That’s not stopping them East powerhouse teams in going at each other’s throats when they face one another in a marquee match-up on Wednesday at the Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indiana.
NBA: Portland Trail Blazers at Miami Heat
The Heat and Pacers have exactly the same mediocre record in the month of March: just splitting their past 14 games with 7 wins against 7 losses.
While Miami is coming off a home win over the Portland Trail Blazers, 93-91 in their last game, Indiana suffered back-to-back losses in their last two road games—falling to the Memphis Grizzlies, 82-71 and Chicago Bulls, 89-77.
Curiously, the East contenders’ struggles have come from opposite ends of the spectrum. Miami is giving up 103.8 points per game in their seven losses this month—a clear sign that the defending champions’ problem is their defense.
Meanwhile, Indiana is averaging a measly 85.3 PPG in their losses this month as opposing teams took advantage of the Pacers’ offensive lull in this stretch.
LeBron James had 32 points in the Portland win as the Heat also got contributions from Chris Bosh (15 points and 8 rebounds) and Chris Andersen (13 points).
The Pacers only scored 77 in their last outing and most of their stars struggled from the floor. Paul George had 21 points (8/22 FG), David West had 14 points (4/12 FG) and Lance Stephenson had 8 points (3/9 FG).
Watch the Heat-Pacers match-up via the NBA League Pass.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Miami Heat Trends
- The Heat are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games
- The Heat are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. East teams
- The Heat are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Central division teams
Indiana Pacers Trends
- The Pacers are 6-20-1 ATS in their last 27 games
- The Pacers are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games at home
- The Pacers are 2-10-1 ATS in their last 23 games vs. East teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- Khloe Kardashian Sympathetic About Ex-Husband Lamar Odom in Recent Instagram Posts
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market