Kim Jong-un Haircut: All North Korean Men Required to Have Supreme Leader’s Hairstyle
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | March 27, 2014 12:07 AM EST
Would you cut your hair like Kim Jong-un? Well, men in North Korea don't have a choice!
All men in the reclusive communist nation are now required to sport the same hairstyle as their leader Kim Jong-un, according to reports.
The state-sanctioned guidelines were said to be introduced in the capital Pyongyang about two weeks ago, various media reports say. Even though some people may have reservations about getting the look, the new guidelines are being rolled out across the country.
It is not yet known, if the supreme leader will put those men refusing to follow this norm, on firing squad - but this news will definitely make people think such an action could possibly be taken. North Korea has been, after all, the land and source of grotesque and murkiest news in recent days.
"Our leader's haircut is very particular, if you will," BBC reported citing one source for the Radio Free Asia. "It doesn't always go with everyone, since everyone has different face and head shapes."
Meanwhile, a North Korean now living in China has said that the look is actually supposed to be unpopular at home because it usually resembles Chinese smugglers. "Until the mid-2000s, we called it the 'Chinese smuggler haircut'," the Korea Times reports.
The development comes after it was earlier reported that North Korea has approved 28 model socialist hairstyles to be adopted by people in the country. Women had a chance to choose from 18 dfferent styles, while men had the choice of only 10.
In 2005, North Korea had launched an intensive media assault on getting rid of the wrong haircut. A campaign exhorting men to get a proper short-back-and-sides hairstyle was aired by state-run Pyongyang television.
But, it is now said that the North Korean government has recommended a relatively generous range of 28 hairstyles for its citizens.
But, people around the world know too well that words such as "recommendation" or "suggestions" is only an eye-wash for an irrefutable staunch law to be adopted in the reclusive communist nation.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy:Camilla And Princess Eugenie Reportedly Jealous, Claimed Duchess Only Good At Making Babies
- Prince Harry Reunites With Cressida Bonas On ‘Sex Tape’ Date Amid Dating Camilla Thurlow Reports
- Modern Forensic Science Reveals Evidence Of Brutal Killing Of King Richard III
- Racist Note Stereotyping Asian Drivers Left on Parked Car in NSW Sparks Online Outrage
- Avril Lavigne And Husband Chad Kroeger Call It Quits
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best