'Hercules' Official Trailer Released: Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Battles Beasts and Monsters [VIDEO]
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | March 26, 2014 10:05 PM EST
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson is all set to return to the big screen with a roar. After all, he is now Hercules - the famous Greek hero!
We all know the story of Hercules, who was the son of Zeus (Roman equivalent of Jupiter) and the mortal Alcmene. As in the classical mythology, Hercules is famous for his strength, scary demeanor and for his numerous far-ranging adventures. And the movie trailer of "Hercules" tends to give no less of a resounding adventure-packed thrill for the movie-goers.
The teaser is quite far from a history lesson as the roars and snarls of beasts, mixed with battles and blood will give us every reason possible to be cornered with fear and terror in the theatres. But amid all the chaos, The Rock remains at the helm of the film.
"The only thing more intense than the blasting sound effects in today's brand new released Hercules trailer is The Rock," notes the Hollywood Life. "Yes, Dwayne "The Rock" Jonhson is Hercules, and he's massively strong, extremely loud and pretty much fits the bill of the legendary God perfectly."
The Internet Movie Database (IMDb) aptly describes what the movie will be about. "Having enduring his legendary twelve labors, Hercules, the Greek demigod, has his life as a sword-for-hire tested when the King of Thrace and his daughter seek his aid in defeating a tyrannical warlord."
The trailer indeed gives us a sneak peak into his tasking adventures and the scary hurdles he faces on his way to defeat the 'tyrannical warlord'.
The trailer reminds viewers that "Before he was a legend, he was a man", so we know the blockbuster - set to be released on 25 July - will showcase Hercules in his pre-God phase. Yet, it would be preposterous to imagine that he would be any less mighty in the film.
The trailer begins with a concentrated and intense voiceover: "No matter how far you go, man cannot escape his fate." It continues to speak to the gallant and robust hero Hercules, asking him: "Who are you? Are you a murderer? Are you a mercenary who turns his back on the innocent? We believe in you. We have faith in you. Remember the deeds you have preformed."
The next minute shows a huge sea monster with many heads, a gigantic roaring lion, multiple other beasts and a spate of battles, with blood strewn ceaselessly till the end.
And after all that, who emerges gallantly with a smug grin? You guessed it right - Hercules!
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?