'Hercules' Official Trailer Released: Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Battles Beasts and Monsters [VIDEO]
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | March 26, 2014 10:05 PM EST
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson is all set to return to the big screen with a roar. After all, he is now Hercules - the famous Greek hero!
We all know the story of Hercules, who was the son of Zeus (Roman equivalent of Jupiter) and the mortal Alcmene. As in the classical mythology, Hercules is famous for his strength, scary demeanor and for his numerous far-ranging adventures. And the movie trailer of "Hercules" tends to give no less of a resounding adventure-packed thrill for the movie-goers.
The teaser is quite far from a history lesson as the roars and snarls of beasts, mixed with battles and blood will give us every reason possible to be cornered with fear and terror in the theatres. But amid all the chaos, The Rock remains at the helm of the film.
"The only thing more intense than the blasting sound effects in today's brand new released Hercules trailer is The Rock," notes the Hollywood Life. "Yes, Dwayne "The Rock" Jonhson is Hercules, and he's massively strong, extremely loud and pretty much fits the bill of the legendary God perfectly."
The Internet Movie Database (IMDb) aptly describes what the movie will be about. "Having enduring his legendary twelve labors, Hercules, the Greek demigod, has his life as a sword-for-hire tested when the King of Thrace and his daughter seek his aid in defeating a tyrannical warlord."
The trailer indeed gives us a sneak peak into his tasking adventures and the scary hurdles he faces on his way to defeat the 'tyrannical warlord'.
The trailer reminds viewers that "Before he was a legend, he was a man", so we know the blockbuster - set to be released on 25 July - will showcase Hercules in his pre-God phase. Yet, it would be preposterous to imagine that he would be any less mighty in the film.
The trailer begins with a concentrated and intense voiceover: "No matter how far you go, man cannot escape his fate." It continues to speak to the gallant and robust hero Hercules, asking him: "Who are you? Are you a murderer? Are you a mercenary who turns his back on the innocent? We believe in you. We have faith in you. Remember the deeds you have preformed."
The next minute shows a huge sea monster with many heads, a gigantic roaring lion, multiple other beasts and a spate of battles, with blood strewn ceaselessly till the end.
And after all that, who emerges gallantly with a smug grin? You guessed it right - Hercules!
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage