Kathy Griffin Gets Death Threats from Demi Lovato Fans for Calling the Singer Douche [TWEETS]
By Keerthi Mohan | March 26, 2014 9:05 PM EST
Comedian Kathy Griffin has brought upon herself the ire of Demi Lovato fans after calling the singer a “douche” during a Twitter chat with her fans.
Comedienne Kathy Griffin arrives at the 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles September 18, 2011
The feud started earlier this week when Griffin took Lovato’s name when asked who would be the "biggest douche celebrity” in today’s industry. "Plus she should calm the f down bout Lady GaGa gettin barfed on," Griffin added.
This was in reference to Gaga’s show at SXSW earlier this month, when the pop star had Millie Brown, a performance artist, vomit on her. The performance attracted criticism from Lovato who blasted Gaga for glamorising eating disorder.
Griffin’s comments resulted in her getting a number of death threats from Lovatics, as Lovato’s fans are known. While one wants Griffin to commit suicide for bashing Lovato, another said she hopes Griffin, and her entire family, burn to the ground.
Yet another wanted Griffin to be raped.
Find below some of the messages that Griffin retweeted.
— Kathy Griffin (@kathygriffin) March 26, 2014
Wow. RT @MeganMes: #KATHY I'm going to stick you in the oven and kill you probably on broil — Kathy Griffin (@kathygriffin) March 26, 2014
From a "Lovatic"...#KathyGriffinDeservesAids #LovaticsWantKathyGriffinToGetRaped — Kathy Griffin (@kathygriffin) March 26, 2014
Lovato has since tried to stop her fans from sending unpleasant messages to Griffin. In an extended tweet, Lovato wrote that she has always spoken against bullying, and her fans should set an example to haters by refraining from sending death threats to others.
“I love you guys so much but y'all gotta chill with sending hate towards other people. Regardless of what they say or do.. The cruel things some of you are saying can really, REALLY hurt people. It's called cyber-bullying and somethings should NEVER be wished upon EVER,” Lovato wrote.
This is not the first time Griffin has been attacked for criticizing other celebrities. In 2010, Griffin received a number of death threats after calling Bristol Palin, who was then a contestant on "Dancing with the Stars" fat.
Griffin was hosting "VH1 Divas Salute the Troops" event when she poked fun at Sarah Palin's daughter. But the joke fell flat and the military men in the audience booed her for taking the cheap shot.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast