Kathy Griffin Gets Death Threats from Demi Lovato Fans for Calling the Singer Douche [TWEETS]
By Keerthi Mohan | March 26, 2014 9:05 PM EST
Comedian Kathy Griffin has brought upon herself the ire of Demi Lovato fans after calling the singer a “douche” during a Twitter chat with her fans.
Comedienne Kathy Griffin arrives at the 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles September 18, 2011
The feud started earlier this week when Griffin took Lovato’s name when asked who would be the "biggest douche celebrity” in today’s industry. "Plus she should calm the f down bout Lady GaGa gettin barfed on," Griffin added.
This was in reference to Gaga’s show at SXSW earlier this month, when the pop star had Millie Brown, a performance artist, vomit on her. The performance attracted criticism from Lovato who blasted Gaga for glamorising eating disorder.
Griffin’s comments resulted in her getting a number of death threats from Lovatics, as Lovato’s fans are known. While one wants Griffin to commit suicide for bashing Lovato, another said she hopes Griffin, and her entire family, burn to the ground.
Yet another wanted Griffin to be raped.
Find below some of the messages that Griffin retweeted.
— Kathy Griffin (@kathygriffin) March 26, 2014
Wow. RT @MeganMes: #KATHY I'm going to stick you in the oven and kill you probably on broil — Kathy Griffin (@kathygriffin) March 26, 2014
From a "Lovatic"...#KathyGriffinDeservesAids #LovaticsWantKathyGriffinToGetRaped — Kathy Griffin (@kathygriffin) March 26, 2014
Lovato has since tried to stop her fans from sending unpleasant messages to Griffin. In an extended tweet, Lovato wrote that she has always spoken against bullying, and her fans should set an example to haters by refraining from sending death threats to others.
“I love you guys so much but y'all gotta chill with sending hate towards other people. Regardless of what they say or do.. The cruel things some of you are saying can really, REALLY hurt people. It's called cyber-bullying and somethings should NEVER be wished upon EVER,” Lovato wrote.
This is not the first time Griffin has been attacked for criticizing other celebrities. In 2010, Griffin received a number of death threats after calling Bristol Palin, who was then a contestant on "Dancing with the Stars" fat.
Griffin was hosting "VH1 Divas Salute the Troops" event when she poked fun at Sarah Palin's daughter. But the joke fell flat and the military men in the audience booed her for taking the cheap shot.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar