‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 10 Spoilers: Shane and Leah to Leave the Series
By Keerthi Mohan | March 26, 2014 8:07 PM EST
When” Grey’s Anatomy” returns for its 11th season, which is yet to be announced, two prominent characters will be missing from the show – Shane and Leah.
Tessa Ferrer and Gaius Charles will exit the medical drama as series regulars this season, sources told the media, adding that their departure is not voluntary.
Grey's Anatomy Season 10 (Photo: GreysAnatomy/facebook)
Reportedly, Ferrer and Charles’ contracts are not being picked up for the next season, even though the duo had strong storylines since becoming regulars of the show during its ninth season.
Charles’ character, Shane, was Cristina’s toyboy and Leah was catapulted into the limelight after she became a sexual-harassment whistleblower following her affair with Arizona.
It is yet unknown if Charles and Ferrer will guest-star in the upcoming season.
But fans of the medical drama are happy to see them go, as Leah and Shane have been voted the least-favorite characters on the show.
wait no more Leah on grey's anatomy?? there is a god
— Sabrina (@snows_fall) March 25, 2014
Yayyyy! Shane and Leah won't be in Grey's next season *30 second dance party* — Arizona's ring (@Robbins_Anatomy) March 25, 2014
tessa ferrer aka leah murphy is leaving grey's anatomy? where can i send shonda rhimes a gift basket to say thanks?
— Sara Heller (@alfabettezoupe) March 25, 2014
Leah drew the wrath of Callie fans after she started an affair with Arizona after the hospital’s fundraising ball. But when Callie and Arizona reunited, Leah was left humiliated, prompting her to approach the board and file a sexual harassment complaint.
Meanwhile, Shane hooking up with Cristina did not go down well with fans of Owen, who saw Shane as a hurdle preventing Cristina from getting back with Owen.
Along with Ferrer and Charles, Sandra Oh, who plays Cristina, will also be leaving the series and the upcoming episode will focus on her life through a sliding door format.
ABC is yet to confirm if there is a season 11, but “Grey’s Anatomy” creator Shonda Rhimes told E!News last year that she sees the show going on for a long time.
"I see the show going as long as I continue to be interested in the show," Rhimes said. "And then I don't know about the network, because they might see it going after me. But as I see it, as long as I'm interested and have stories to tell, I'm excited about being there."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS