‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 10 Spoilers: Shane and Leah to Leave the Series
By Keerthi Mohan | March 26, 2014 8:07 PM EST
When” Grey’s Anatomy” returns for its 11th season, which is yet to be announced, two prominent characters will be missing from the show – Shane and Leah.
Tessa Ferrer and Gaius Charles will exit the medical drama as series regulars this season, sources told the media, adding that their departure is not voluntary.
Grey's Anatomy Season 10 (Photo: GreysAnatomy/facebook)
Reportedly, Ferrer and Charles’ contracts are not being picked up for the next season, even though the duo had strong storylines since becoming regulars of the show during its ninth season.
Charles’ character, Shane, was Cristina’s toyboy and Leah was catapulted into the limelight after she became a sexual-harassment whistleblower following her affair with Arizona.
It is yet unknown if Charles and Ferrer will guest-star in the upcoming season.
But fans of the medical drama are happy to see them go, as Leah and Shane have been voted the least-favorite characters on the show.
wait no more Leah on grey's anatomy?? there is a god
— Sabrina (@snows_fall) March 25, 2014
Yayyyy! Shane and Leah won't be in Grey's next season *30 second dance party* — Arizona's ring (@Robbins_Anatomy) March 25, 2014
tessa ferrer aka leah murphy is leaving grey's anatomy? where can i send shonda rhimes a gift basket to say thanks?
— Sara Heller (@alfabettezoupe) March 25, 2014
Leah drew the wrath of Callie fans after she started an affair with Arizona after the hospital’s fundraising ball. But when Callie and Arizona reunited, Leah was left humiliated, prompting her to approach the board and file a sexual harassment complaint.
Meanwhile, Shane hooking up with Cristina did not go down well with fans of Owen, who saw Shane as a hurdle preventing Cristina from getting back with Owen.
Along with Ferrer and Charles, Sandra Oh, who plays Cristina, will also be leaving the series and the upcoming episode will focus on her life through a sliding door format.
ABC is yet to confirm if there is a season 11, but “Grey’s Anatomy” creator Shonda Rhimes told E!News last year that she sees the show going on for a long time.
"I see the show going as long as I continue to be interested in the show," Rhimes said. "And then I don't know about the network, because they might see it going after me. But as I see it, as long as I'm interested and have stories to tell, I'm excited about being there."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- Beyonce’s ‘Ring Off’ Isn’t About Her Alleged Crumbling Marriage to Jay Z, But About Her Parents [VIDEOS]
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced