‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 10 Spoilers: Shane and Leah to Leave the Series
By Keerthi Mohan | March 26, 2014 8:07 PM EST
When” Grey’s Anatomy” returns for its 11th season, which is yet to be announced, two prominent characters will be missing from the show – Shane and Leah.
Tessa Ferrer and Gaius Charles will exit the medical drama as series regulars this season, sources told the media, adding that their departure is not voluntary.
Grey's Anatomy Season 10 (Photo: GreysAnatomy/facebook)
Reportedly, Ferrer and Charles’ contracts are not being picked up for the next season, even though the duo had strong storylines since becoming regulars of the show during its ninth season.
Charles’ character, Shane, was Cristina’s toyboy and Leah was catapulted into the limelight after she became a sexual-harassment whistleblower following her affair with Arizona.
It is yet unknown if Charles and Ferrer will guest-star in the upcoming season.
But fans of the medical drama are happy to see them go, as Leah and Shane have been voted the least-favorite characters on the show.
wait no more Leah on grey's anatomy?? there is a god
— Sabrina (@snows_fall) March 25, 2014
Yayyyy! Shane and Leah won't be in Grey's next season *30 second dance party* — Arizona's ring (@Robbins_Anatomy) March 25, 2014
tessa ferrer aka leah murphy is leaving grey's anatomy? where can i send shonda rhimes a gift basket to say thanks?
— Sara Heller (@alfabettezoupe) March 25, 2014
Leah drew the wrath of Callie fans after she started an affair with Arizona after the hospital’s fundraising ball. But when Callie and Arizona reunited, Leah was left humiliated, prompting her to approach the board and file a sexual harassment complaint.
Meanwhile, Shane hooking up with Cristina did not go down well with fans of Owen, who saw Shane as a hurdle preventing Cristina from getting back with Owen.
Along with Ferrer and Charles, Sandra Oh, who plays Cristina, will also be leaving the series and the upcoming episode will focus on her life through a sliding door format.
ABC is yet to confirm if there is a season 11, but “Grey’s Anatomy” creator Shonda Rhimes told E!News last year that she sees the show going on for a long time.
"I see the show going as long as I continue to be interested in the show," Rhimes said. "And then I don't know about the network, because they might see it going after me. But as I see it, as long as I'm interested and have stories to tell, I'm excited about being there."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia