‘Sons of Anarchy’ FAQ: SAMCRO’s ‘Men of Mayhem’ & Their ‘1%’ Patch
By Riza Ornos | March 26, 2014 7:18 PM EST
After six incredible seasons, "Sons of Anarchy" is on its final season but fans of the MC show are not ready to say goodbye just yet. One of FX's most popular TV series, SOA is about a fictional Californian biker gang and often times compared to Shakespeare's "Hamlet."
Now on its seventh season, many fans of the show are still wondering about the famous "Men of Mayhem" and their famous "1%" patch. Although it was never said out loud on the show, SAMCRO's "Men of Mayhem" are the most feared men and it means a member has killed someone for the club.
Kudos to the show's writer and researchers for staying true to the MC lore, "Sons of Anarchy" use the "Men of Mayhem and their 1% patch to give the show an authentic feel. Known as the patches that signal violence and aggression, these men are the one who uses "supreme violence" on behalf of the club.
The "Men of Mayhem" could not abuse its license to kill but has to wait for SAMCRO's vote on whether or not a certain individual should "Meet Mr. Mayhem." However, what makes it confusing is that only three of the members have the "Men of Mayhem" patch. Jax, Clay and Opie have the patch since the very first episode and out of the three men only Clay has killed anyone at that point.
And as the show progress Tig, Chibs, Bobby and Happy are seen killing people and but they never got to the wear the patch. The 1% patch refers back to the statement by the American Motorcycle Association that "99% of motorcycle riders are law abiding citizens..." This leaves the 1% as the law-breaking members of the gang.
The SOA's "AMA" patch signifies that 99% of the MC members are law-abiding citizens and does not belong to the 1%-ers. According to some Outlaw lore, a member who wears an Ace of Spades patch means having done a contract killing.
Scheduled to premiere in Sept. 2014, "Sons of Anarchy" season 7 offers a multitude of possibilities for all its leads and for SAMCRO, there will be conclusion to Jax's saga in the show's finale.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0