'Conscious Uncoupling': Chris Martin Devastated by Gwyneth Paltrow Split
By Sonalee singh | March 26, 2014 6:51 PM EST
Chris Martin, Coldplay lead singer, has been reportedly devastated by his divorce from Gawyneth Paltrow.
The couple had been married for 10 years. But they filed for divorce due to some issues which have been plaguing their marriage for a long time. "Chris is devastated," a source close to the couple revealed.
Like any other normal couple, Martin and Paltrow, both tried to save their marriage. But due to irreconcilable differences, the marriage could not last. The couple has two children from their marriage, Apple, 9 and Moses, 7.
Martin wanted his children not to get affected by the split and it should be easy for them to accept their parent's separation.
Now, they'll have to figure out custody because he loves those kids more than anything," the source said. "He's very hurt."
Reports also suggested the reason behind couple's split could be Paltrow' alleged affair with various men. Paltrow was also rumored to be dating Jeff Soffer while she was in the wedlock with the Coldplay frontman.
A source had revealed to Vanity Fair Magazine, "Vanity Fair is asking if Gwyneth had an affair with Jeff back in 2008 when he reopened the Fontainebleau. He flew her in for the party, and she stayed at his house."
Disclosing her divorce to the world, Paltrow released the following statement on her Web site Goop.com, "It is with hearts full of sadness that we have decided to separate. We have been working hard for well over a year, some of it together, some of it separated, to see what might have been possible between us, and we have come to the conclusion that while we love each other very much we will remain separate. We are, however, and always will be a family, and in many ways we are closer than we have ever been. We are parents first and foremost, to two incredibly wonderful children and we ask for their and our space and privacy to be respected at this difficult time. We have always conducted our relationship privately, and we hope that as we consciously uncouple and coparent, we will be able to continue in the same manner."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga