'Conscious Uncoupling': Chris Martin Devastated by Gwyneth Paltrow Split
By Sonalee singh | March 26, 2014 6:51 PM EST
Chris Martin, Coldplay lead singer, has been reportedly devastated by his divorce from Gawyneth Paltrow.
The couple had been married for 10 years. But they filed for divorce due to some issues which have been plaguing their marriage for a long time. "Chris is devastated," a source close to the couple revealed.
Like any other normal couple, Martin and Paltrow, both tried to save their marriage. But due to irreconcilable differences, the marriage could not last. The couple has two children from their marriage, Apple, 9 and Moses, 7.
Martin wanted his children not to get affected by the split and it should be easy for them to accept their parent's separation.
Now, they'll have to figure out custody because he loves those kids more than anything," the source said. "He's very hurt."
Reports also suggested the reason behind couple's split could be Paltrow' alleged affair with various men. Paltrow was also rumored to be dating Jeff Soffer while she was in the wedlock with the Coldplay frontman.
A source had revealed to Vanity Fair Magazine, "Vanity Fair is asking if Gwyneth had an affair with Jeff back in 2008 when he reopened the Fontainebleau. He flew her in for the party, and she stayed at his house."
Disclosing her divorce to the world, Paltrow released the following statement on her Web site Goop.com, "It is with hearts full of sadness that we have decided to separate. We have been working hard for well over a year, some of it together, some of it separated, to see what might have been possible between us, and we have come to the conclusion that while we love each other very much we will remain separate. We are, however, and always will be a family, and in many ways we are closer than we have ever been. We are parents first and foremost, to two incredibly wonderful children and we ask for their and our space and privacy to be respected at this difficult time. We have always conducted our relationship privately, and we hope that as we consciously uncouple and coparent, we will be able to continue in the same manner."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage