'Conscious Uncoupling': Chris Martin Devastated by Gwyneth Paltrow Split
By Sonalee singh | March 26, 2014 6:51 PM EST
Chris Martin, Coldplay lead singer, has been reportedly devastated by his divorce from Gawyneth Paltrow.
The couple had been married for 10 years. But they filed for divorce due to some issues which have been plaguing their marriage for a long time. "Chris is devastated," a source close to the couple revealed.
Like any other normal couple, Martin and Paltrow, both tried to save their marriage. But due to irreconcilable differences, the marriage could not last. The couple has two children from their marriage, Apple, 9 and Moses, 7.
Martin wanted his children not to get affected by the split and it should be easy for them to accept their parent's separation.
Now, they'll have to figure out custody because he loves those kids more than anything," the source said. "He's very hurt."
Reports also suggested the reason behind couple's split could be Paltrow' alleged affair with various men. Paltrow was also rumored to be dating Jeff Soffer while she was in the wedlock with the Coldplay frontman.
A source had revealed to Vanity Fair Magazine, "Vanity Fair is asking if Gwyneth had an affair with Jeff back in 2008 when he reopened the Fontainebleau. He flew her in for the party, and she stayed at his house."
Disclosing her divorce to the world, Paltrow released the following statement on her Web site Goop.com, "It is with hearts full of sadness that we have decided to separate. We have been working hard for well over a year, some of it together, some of it separated, to see what might have been possible between us, and we have come to the conclusion that while we love each other very much we will remain separate. We are, however, and always will be a family, and in many ways we are closer than we have ever been. We are parents first and foremost, to two incredibly wonderful children and we ask for their and our space and privacy to be respected at this difficult time. We have always conducted our relationship privately, and we hope that as we consciously uncouple and coparent, we will be able to continue in the same manner."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan