Kimye Vogue Spoof: Kendall, Kylie Jenner Join List of Celebrities Mocking Kim Kardashian, Kanye West
By Keerthi Mohan | March 26, 2014 6:34 PM EST
Kendall and Kylie Jenner poked fun at stepsister Kim Kardashian and her fiance Kanye West’s Vogue cover by photoshopping their faces into the controversial photograph.
The sisters shared the doctored photograph -- which replaced West’s face with Kendall’s and Kardashian’s face with Kylie’s -- on their Twitter accounts, and it immediately became a huge hit.
Although Kendall and Kylie added a “Sorry Kim” note along with the picture, their prank seems to have met with disapproval because the photoshopped picture was removed from their microblogging site within an hour.
Interestingly, Kendall and Kylie seem to have borrowed the photoshopping idea from James Franco, who pulled a similar stunt last weekend soon after Kimye’s Vogue cover picture went viral.
Franco, who along with Seth Rogen had spoofed West’s “Bound 2” video, superimposed his and Rogen’s heads on to Kimye's body and added a note to Rogen saying, “Seth! Love you, dog!”
Celebrities continue to diss the cover, with supermodel Naomi Campbell hinting during her recent appearance on Australia’s ”The Morning Show” that Kimye does not deserve the honor.
Why? “Because I’m a fashion model and I’ve been working for 28 years. And when you get a Vogue cover, it’s a build in your career, it’s a stepping stone to achieve that,” she said, according to HollywoodLife.
Meanwhile, Kardashian is ecstatic about being on Vogue, and during a March 25 interview on ‘Late Night with Seth Meyers’, the reality show star said landing the cover came as a shock.
”I knew [the photo shoot] was happening of course,” Kardashian said, “but I didn’t know it would be the cover.”
“Kanye’s the first rapper to be on, I’m the first reality star to be on, and we’re the first interracial couple [to be on the cover of Vogue],” Kardashian added.
She said that the biggest difficulty was keeping it a secret, especially from her sisters who were suspicious.
Elaborating on the photoshoot, Kardashian said that it wasn’t easy posing together as a family, especially with a nine-month-old baby, who decided to make things difficult while posing nude for an intimate family photograph.
“North peed on [Kanye] right at that moment,” Kardashian revealed during the interview. “He was trying to tell me. I had to get up and clean him off.”
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage