Kimye Vogue Spoof: Kendall, Kylie Jenner Join List of Celebrities Mocking Kim Kardashian, Kanye West
By Keerthi Mohan | March 26, 2014 6:34 PM EST
Kendall and Kylie Jenner poked fun at stepsister Kim Kardashian and her fiance Kanye West’s Vogue cover by photoshopping their faces into the controversial photograph.
The sisters shared the doctored photograph -- which replaced West’s face with Kendall’s and Kardashian’s face with Kylie’s -- on their Twitter accounts, and it immediately became a huge hit.
Although Kendall and Kylie added a “Sorry Kim” note along with the picture, their prank seems to have met with disapproval because the photoshopped picture was removed from their microblogging site within an hour.
Interestingly, Kendall and Kylie seem to have borrowed the photoshopping idea from James Franco, who pulled a similar stunt last weekend soon after Kimye’s Vogue cover picture went viral.
Franco, who along with Seth Rogen had spoofed West’s “Bound 2” video, superimposed his and Rogen’s heads on to Kimye's body and added a note to Rogen saying, “Seth! Love you, dog!”
Celebrities continue to diss the cover, with supermodel Naomi Campbell hinting during her recent appearance on Australia’s ”The Morning Show” that Kimye does not deserve the honor.
Why? “Because I’m a fashion model and I’ve been working for 28 years. And when you get a Vogue cover, it’s a build in your career, it’s a stepping stone to achieve that,” she said, according to HollywoodLife.
Meanwhile, Kardashian is ecstatic about being on Vogue, and during a March 25 interview on ‘Late Night with Seth Meyers’, the reality show star said landing the cover came as a shock.
”I knew [the photo shoot] was happening of course,” Kardashian said, “but I didn’t know it would be the cover.”
“Kanye’s the first rapper to be on, I’m the first reality star to be on, and we’re the first interracial couple [to be on the cover of Vogue],” Kardashian added.
She said that the biggest difficulty was keeping it a secret, especially from her sisters who were suspicious.
Elaborating on the photoshoot, Kardashian said that it wasn’t easy posing together as a family, especially with a nine-month-old baby, who decided to make things difficult while posing nude for an intimate family photograph.
“North peed on [Kanye] right at that moment,” Kardashian revealed during the interview. “He was trying to tell me. I had to get up and clean him off.”
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People