Kimye Vogue Spoof: Kendall, Kylie Jenner Join List of Celebrities Mocking Kim Kardashian, Kanye West
By Keerthi Mohan | March 26, 2014 6:34 PM EST
Kendall and Kylie Jenner poked fun at stepsister Kim Kardashian and her fiance Kanye West’s Vogue cover by photoshopping their faces into the controversial photograph.
The sisters shared the doctored photograph -- which replaced West’s face with Kendall’s and Kardashian’s face with Kylie’s -- on their Twitter accounts, and it immediately became a huge hit.
Although Kendall and Kylie added a “Sorry Kim” note along with the picture, their prank seems to have met with disapproval because the photoshopped picture was removed from their microblogging site within an hour.
Interestingly, Kendall and Kylie seem to have borrowed the photoshopping idea from James Franco, who pulled a similar stunt last weekend soon after Kimye’s Vogue cover picture went viral.
Franco, who along with Seth Rogen had spoofed West’s “Bound 2” video, superimposed his and Rogen’s heads on to Kimye's body and added a note to Rogen saying, “Seth! Love you, dog!”
Celebrities continue to diss the cover, with supermodel Naomi Campbell hinting during her recent appearance on Australia’s ”The Morning Show” that Kimye does not deserve the honor.
Why? “Because I’m a fashion model and I’ve been working for 28 years. And when you get a Vogue cover, it’s a build in your career, it’s a stepping stone to achieve that,” she said, according to HollywoodLife.
Meanwhile, Kardashian is ecstatic about being on Vogue, and during a March 25 interview on ‘Late Night with Seth Meyers’, the reality show star said landing the cover came as a shock.
”I knew [the photo shoot] was happening of course,” Kardashian said, “but I didn’t know it would be the cover.”
“Kanye’s the first rapper to be on, I’m the first reality star to be on, and we’re the first interracial couple [to be on the cover of Vogue],” Kardashian added.
She said that the biggest difficulty was keeping it a secret, especially from her sisters who were suspicious.
Elaborating on the photoshoot, Kardashian said that it wasn’t easy posing together as a family, especially with a nine-month-old baby, who decided to make things difficult while posing nude for an intimate family photograph.
“North peed on [Kanye] right at that moment,” Kardashian revealed during the interview. “He was trying to tell me. I had to get up and clean him off.”
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen