Kimye Vogue Spoof: Kendall, Kylie Jenner Join List of Celebrities Mocking Kim Kardashian, Kanye West
By Keerthi Mohan | March 26, 2014 6:34 PM EST
Kendall and Kylie Jenner poked fun at stepsister Kim Kardashian and her fiance Kanye West’s Vogue cover by photoshopping their faces into the controversial photograph.
The sisters shared the doctored photograph -- which replaced West’s face with Kendall’s and Kardashian’s face with Kylie’s -- on their Twitter accounts, and it immediately became a huge hit.
Although Kendall and Kylie added a “Sorry Kim” note along with the picture, their prank seems to have met with disapproval because the photoshopped picture was removed from their microblogging site within an hour.
Interestingly, Kendall and Kylie seem to have borrowed the photoshopping idea from James Franco, who pulled a similar stunt last weekend soon after Kimye’s Vogue cover picture went viral.
Franco, who along with Seth Rogen had spoofed West’s “Bound 2” video, superimposed his and Rogen’s heads on to Kimye's body and added a note to Rogen saying, “Seth! Love you, dog!”
Celebrities continue to diss the cover, with supermodel Naomi Campbell hinting during her recent appearance on Australia’s ”The Morning Show” that Kimye does not deserve the honor.
Why? “Because I’m a fashion model and I’ve been working for 28 years. And when you get a Vogue cover, it’s a build in your career, it’s a stepping stone to achieve that,” she said, according to HollywoodLife.
Meanwhile, Kardashian is ecstatic about being on Vogue, and during a March 25 interview on ‘Late Night with Seth Meyers’, the reality show star said landing the cover came as a shock.
”I knew [the photo shoot] was happening of course,” Kardashian said, “but I didn’t know it would be the cover.”
“Kanye’s the first rapper to be on, I’m the first reality star to be on, and we’re the first interracial couple [to be on the cover of Vogue],” Kardashian added.
She said that the biggest difficulty was keeping it a secret, especially from her sisters who were suspicious.
Elaborating on the photoshoot, Kardashian said that it wasn’t easy posing together as a family, especially with a nine-month-old baby, who decided to make things difficult while posing nude for an intimate family photograph.
“North peed on [Kanye] right at that moment,” Kardashian revealed during the interview. “He was trying to tell me. I had to get up and clean him off.”
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 15-19, 2014: Ava And Morgan Talk About The Baby
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Kim Kardashian-West Frantically Tries For Second Baby To Match Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Timeline
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Moto X Pure Edition is Coming Soon with Wi-Fi Calling – Reports
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List