Arsenal FC News: ‘Too Conservative’ Gunners Paid the Price, Says Wenger
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 26, 2014 6:19 PM EST
Arsenal surprisingly finished the game with a draw in spite of taking a 2-1 lead at the 75th minute, and Arsene Wenger thinks that his side became "too conservative" after scoring the goal that put them ahead.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger instructs his team during their English Premier League soccer match against Swansea City at the Emirates stadium in London
Arsenal FC News: Wenger Agrees In Principle to Short-Term Extension, Possible Replacements Identified
"We made the most difficult [part] by coming back to 2-1 and after that you could see that maybe we were too focused to keep the result and maybe too conservative because of confidence level had been affected certainly by Saturday," Wenger told arsenal.com.
"We just wanted to win the game without pushing anymore forward and a mistake happened unfortunately and it created a result we didn't want."
Nevertheless, the Frenchman believes that the Gunners gave their all on the pitch and commends them despite their shortcomings.
"The result is very disappointing but the spirit we put in and the effort we put in was great and we have to take it on the chin," he added.
"But overall I have to give credit to the fighting spirit and the desire we put into that game."
The Gunners mentor emphasised that his immediate goal is to get his team back on track in their upcoming clash against Manchester City on Saturday, while brushing aside title talks.
"I think at the moment it (title) is not the biggest worry we have," he disclosed.
"We have to be realistic a little bout and try to come back a bit in the next game. We have to look behind us and of course try to look in front of us."
"We have to do as well as we can and accept our position at the end of the season. But at the moment [our focus] is to recover from a high disappointment and recover for the next game. It is a huge game."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Superfight Won’t Happen Because Floyd Is Scared Of Left-Handed Boxers, Pacman - Bob Arum
- Serena Williams Shows Off Her Bikini Body With Eva Longoria At The Miami Beach After US Open Victory
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone