Arsenal FC News: ‘Too Conservative’ Gunners Paid the Price, Says Wenger
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 26, 2014 6:19 PM EST
Arsenal surprisingly finished the game with a draw in spite of taking a 2-1 lead at the 75th minute, and Arsene Wenger thinks that his side became "too conservative" after scoring the goal that put them ahead.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger instructs his team during their English Premier League soccer match against Swansea City at the Emirates stadium in London
"We made the most difficult [part] by coming back to 2-1 and after that you could see that maybe we were too focused to keep the result and maybe too conservative because of confidence level had been affected certainly by Saturday," Wenger told arsenal.com.
"We just wanted to win the game without pushing anymore forward and a mistake happened unfortunately and it created a result we didn't want."
Nevertheless, the Frenchman believes that the Gunners gave their all on the pitch and commends them despite their shortcomings.
"The result is very disappointing but the spirit we put in and the effort we put in was great and we have to take it on the chin," he added.
"But overall I have to give credit to the fighting spirit and the desire we put into that game."
The Gunners mentor emphasised that his immediate goal is to get his team back on track in their upcoming clash against Manchester City on Saturday, while brushing aside title talks.
"I think at the moment it (title) is not the biggest worry we have," he disclosed.
"We have to be realistic a little bout and try to come back a bit in the next game. We have to look behind us and of course try to look in front of us."
"We have to do as well as we can and accept our position at the end of the season. But at the moment [our focus] is to recover from a high disappointment and recover for the next game. It is a huge game."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- Roger Federer and Michael Jordan Collaborate To Create Sneaker History For the US Open 2014
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected