Arsenal FC News: ‘Too Conservative’ Gunners Paid the Price, Says Wenger
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 26, 2014 6:19 PM EST
Arsenal surprisingly finished the game with a draw in spite of taking a 2-1 lead at the 75th minute, and Arsene Wenger thinks that his side became "too conservative" after scoring the goal that put them ahead.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger instructs his team during their English Premier League soccer match against Swansea City at the Emirates stadium in London
"We made the most difficult [part] by coming back to 2-1 and after that you could see that maybe we were too focused to keep the result and maybe too conservative because of confidence level had been affected certainly by Saturday," Wenger told arsenal.com.
"We just wanted to win the game without pushing anymore forward and a mistake happened unfortunately and it created a result we didn't want."
Nevertheless, the Frenchman believes that the Gunners gave their all on the pitch and commends them despite their shortcomings.
"The result is very disappointing but the spirit we put in and the effort we put in was great and we have to take it on the chin," he added.
"But overall I have to give credit to the fighting spirit and the desire we put into that game."
The Gunners mentor emphasised that his immediate goal is to get his team back on track in their upcoming clash against Manchester City on Saturday, while brushing aside title talks.
"I think at the moment it (title) is not the biggest worry we have," he disclosed.
"We have to be realistic a little bout and try to come back a bit in the next game. We have to look behind us and of course try to look in front of us."
"We have to do as well as we can and accept our position at the end of the season. But at the moment [our focus] is to recover from a high disappointment and recover for the next game. It is a huge game."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report