Taylor Swift Granted Restraining Order Against Crazy Fan
By Annie Dee | March 26, 2014 6:09 PM EST
Taylor Swift has been granted restraining order against Timothy Sweet. Mr Sweet, assumingly a fan, is accused of saying that he and Taylor Swift are married and treatening harm against Swift and her family. On Tuesday, a Los Angeles Court has ordered him to stay very far away from the young singer.
Musician Taylor Swift arrives at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
Taylor Swift's sweet music and enigmatic personality have millions of fans drawn to her by droves. It comes as no surprise that a man claims he is married to her, as crazy fans often claim to be married to their favourite stars. However, Mr Sweet threatened to harm Swift and her family, which made the young hot singer concerned about her family and her safety. Swift took immediate action and had asked the court for a restraining order against the man.
Court filings by Swift showed that Sweet has sent messages threatening to harm the "Red" singer's family or anyone who interferes with his perceived relationship with her. The singer wrote in a sworn declaration that she is anxious for her safety in public and at home. Los Angeles Superior Court Judge, Carol Boas Goodson, ordered a restraining order against Timothy Sweet.
"Mr. Sweet's course of conduct, including threats to harm my family, are seriously alarming and harassing and are extremely distressing to me and my family," Swift wrote in a sworn declaration filed on March 3, 2014.
According to reports, the stalker had even gone to the singer's house in Beverly Hills as well as to Nashville, which distressed the singer further. Sweet was a no-show on Tuesday's hearing and did not respond to the singer's restraining order petition, which included many online messages that were attributed to Sweet. "Dearest Taylor, I'll kill any man who gets in the way of our marriage," one of the messages read, according to the filing.
The restraining order granted includes Swift's parents, her homes and places where she works in Los Angeles and Nashville.
With this restraining order granted, Swift should be able to sleep better at night. No girl, entertainer or otherwise can ever be careful against the growing number of crazy people in today's world.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]