Taylor Swift Granted Restraining Order Against Crazy Fan
By Annie Dee | March 26, 2014 6:09 PM EST
Taylor Swift has been granted restraining order against Timothy Sweet. Mr Sweet, assumingly a fan, is accused of saying that he and Taylor Swift are married and treatening harm against Swift and her family. On Tuesday, a Los Angeles Court has ordered him to stay very far away from the young singer.
Musician Taylor Swift arrives at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
Taylor Swift's sweet music and enigmatic personality have millions of fans drawn to her by droves. It comes as no surprise that a man claims he is married to her, as crazy fans often claim to be married to their favourite stars. However, Mr Sweet threatened to harm Swift and her family, which made the young hot singer concerned about her family and her safety. Swift took immediate action and had asked the court for a restraining order against the man.
Court filings by Swift showed that Sweet has sent messages threatening to harm the "Red" singer's family or anyone who interferes with his perceived relationship with her. The singer wrote in a sworn declaration that she is anxious for her safety in public and at home. Los Angeles Superior Court Judge, Carol Boas Goodson, ordered a restraining order against Timothy Sweet.
"Mr. Sweet's course of conduct, including threats to harm my family, are seriously alarming and harassing and are extremely distressing to me and my family," Swift wrote in a sworn declaration filed on March 3, 2014.
According to reports, the stalker had even gone to the singer's house in Beverly Hills as well as to Nashville, which distressed the singer further. Sweet was a no-show on Tuesday's hearing and did not respond to the singer's restraining order petition, which included many online messages that were attributed to Sweet. "Dearest Taylor, I'll kill any man who gets in the way of our marriage," one of the messages read, according to the filing.
The restraining order granted includes Swift's parents, her homes and places where she works in Los Angeles and Nashville.
With this restraining order granted, Swift should be able to sleep better at night. No girl, entertainer or otherwise can ever be careful against the growing number of crazy people in today's world.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- ‘Fast and Furious’ 7 New Car Revealed To Be a Humvee
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0