Taylor Swift Granted Restraining Order Against Crazy Fan
By Annie Dee | March 26, 2014 6:09 PM EST
Taylor Swift has been granted restraining order against Timothy Sweet. Mr Sweet, assumingly a fan, is accused of saying that he and Taylor Swift are married and treatening harm against Swift and her family. On Tuesday, a Los Angeles Court has ordered him to stay very far away from the young singer.
Musician Taylor Swift arrives at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
Taylor Swift's sweet music and enigmatic personality have millions of fans drawn to her by droves. It comes as no surprise that a man claims he is married to her, as crazy fans often claim to be married to their favourite stars. However, Mr Sweet threatened to harm Swift and her family, which made the young hot singer concerned about her family and her safety. Swift took immediate action and had asked the court for a restraining order against the man.
Court filings by Swift showed that Sweet has sent messages threatening to harm the "Red" singer's family or anyone who interferes with his perceived relationship with her. The singer wrote in a sworn declaration that she is anxious for her safety in public and at home. Los Angeles Superior Court Judge, Carol Boas Goodson, ordered a restraining order against Timothy Sweet.
"Mr. Sweet's course of conduct, including threats to harm my family, are seriously alarming and harassing and are extremely distressing to me and my family," Swift wrote in a sworn declaration filed on March 3, 2014.
According to reports, the stalker had even gone to the singer's house in Beverly Hills as well as to Nashville, which distressed the singer further. Sweet was a no-show on Tuesday's hearing and did not respond to the singer's restraining order petition, which included many online messages that were attributed to Sweet. "Dearest Taylor, I'll kill any man who gets in the way of our marriage," one of the messages read, according to the filing.
The restraining order granted includes Swift's parents, her homes and places where she works in Los Angeles and Nashville.
With this restraining order granted, Swift should be able to sleep better at night. No girl, entertainer or otherwise can ever be careful against the growing number of crazy people in today's world.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop