Taylor Swift Granted Restraining Order Against Crazy Fan
By Annie Dee | March 26, 2014 6:09 PM EST
Taylor Swift has been granted restraining order against Timothy Sweet. Mr Sweet, assumingly a fan, is accused of saying that he and Taylor Swift are married and treatening harm against Swift and her family. On Tuesday, a Los Angeles Court has ordered him to stay very far away from the young singer.
Musician Taylor Swift arrives at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
Taylor Swift's sweet music and enigmatic personality have millions of fans drawn to her by droves. It comes as no surprise that a man claims he is married to her, as crazy fans often claim to be married to their favourite stars. However, Mr Sweet threatened to harm Swift and her family, which made the young hot singer concerned about her family and her safety. Swift took immediate action and had asked the court for a restraining order against the man.
Court filings by Swift showed that Sweet has sent messages threatening to harm the "Red" singer's family or anyone who interferes with his perceived relationship with her. The singer wrote in a sworn declaration that she is anxious for her safety in public and at home. Los Angeles Superior Court Judge, Carol Boas Goodson, ordered a restraining order against Timothy Sweet.
"Mr. Sweet's course of conduct, including threats to harm my family, are seriously alarming and harassing and are extremely distressing to me and my family," Swift wrote in a sworn declaration filed on March 3, 2014.
According to reports, the stalker had even gone to the singer's house in Beverly Hills as well as to Nashville, which distressed the singer further. Sweet was a no-show on Tuesday's hearing and did not respond to the singer's restraining order petition, which included many online messages that were attributed to Sweet. "Dearest Taylor, I'll kill any man who gets in the way of our marriage," one of the messages read, according to the filing.
The restraining order granted includes Swift's parents, her homes and places where she works in Los Angeles and Nashville.
With this restraining order granted, Swift should be able to sleep better at night. No girl, entertainer or otherwise can ever be careful against the growing number of crazy people in today's world.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS