Taylor Swift Granted Restraining Order Against Crazy Fan
By Annie Dee | March 26, 2014 6:09 PM EST
Taylor Swift has been granted restraining order against Timothy Sweet. Mr Sweet, assumingly a fan, is accused of saying that he and Taylor Swift are married and treatening harm against Swift and her family. On Tuesday, a Los Angeles Court has ordered him to stay very far away from the young singer.
Musician Taylor Swift arrives at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
Taylor Swift's sweet music and enigmatic personality have millions of fans drawn to her by droves. It comes as no surprise that a man claims he is married to her, as crazy fans often claim to be married to their favourite stars. However, Mr Sweet threatened to harm Swift and her family, which made the young hot singer concerned about her family and her safety. Swift took immediate action and had asked the court for a restraining order against the man.
Court filings by Swift showed that Sweet has sent messages threatening to harm the "Red" singer's family or anyone who interferes with his perceived relationship with her. The singer wrote in a sworn declaration that she is anxious for her safety in public and at home. Los Angeles Superior Court Judge, Carol Boas Goodson, ordered a restraining order against Timothy Sweet.
"Mr. Sweet's course of conduct, including threats to harm my family, are seriously alarming and harassing and are extremely distressing to me and my family," Swift wrote in a sworn declaration filed on March 3, 2014.
According to reports, the stalker had even gone to the singer's house in Beverly Hills as well as to Nashville, which distressed the singer further. Sweet was a no-show on Tuesday's hearing and did not respond to the singer's restraining order petition, which included many online messages that were attributed to Sweet. "Dearest Taylor, I'll kill any man who gets in the way of our marriage," one of the messages read, according to the filing.
The restraining order granted includes Swift's parents, her homes and places where she works in Los Angeles and Nashville.
With this restraining order granted, Swift should be able to sleep better at night. No girl, entertainer or otherwise can ever be careful against the growing number of crazy people in today's world.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2