#cockinasock Instagram Campaign Hopes To Raise Testicular Cancer Awareness
By Anne Lu | March 26, 2014 5:59 PM EST
Raising awareness for testicular cancer has never been more titillating. Men on Instagram are taking part in a worldwide event that helps raise awareness of the treatable disease, and they have pictures to show it.
The campaign #cockinasock started in the UK, where some guys hoped to help in raising awareness and funds for testicular cancer by posing completely naked, save for a sock that they strategically placed over their penis.
With jaw-dropping pictures like that, it’s no wonder that the campaign spread quickly. The hashtag campaign has now reached the U.S.
After cancer awareness charity group and research centre, Cancer Research UK, has raised over USD4 million in a matter of days for their #nomakeupselfie campaign, some men thought that they also need to do their share. Hence, the #cockinasock trend was born.
Granted that the men’s campaign is undeniably more risqué than the women’s, but it appears to be working just as well. After all, they needed to raise awareness, and awareness they did raise successfully by their provocative photos. It’s doubtful that the men would be able to reach the same level of success if they also posed their no-makeup selfies.
The figure in the UK is lower at 2,000. The disease largely affects young and middle-aged men, but can be treated effectively if detected early through self-examination. This is why awareness of the disease is very important.
Here are some Instagram photos of men who have participated in the campaign:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Airborne Version of Ebola Virus Could Wipe Out 1.2 Million; Aussie Doctor Appeals For Help
- Justin Bieber Strips for Fashion Week, Flashes Six Pack Abs: His Diet and Workout Secrets
- Kim Kardashian's Pregnancy Glow Returns; Rumour Mill Suggests That Kim Is Pregnant
- Research Finds African Americans and Caribbean Blacks Experiencing Discrimination are at a Greater Risk for Mental Disorders
- Joan Rivers May Have Died From Propofol Like Michael Jackson
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet