#cockinasock Instagram Campaign Hopes To Raise Testicular Cancer Awareness
By Anne Lu | March 26, 2014 5:59 PM EST
Raising awareness for testicular cancer has never been more titillating. Men on Instagram are taking part in a worldwide event that helps raise awareness of the treatable disease, and they have pictures to show it.
The campaign #cockinasock started in the UK, where some guys hoped to help in raising awareness and funds for testicular cancer by posing completely naked, save for a sock that they strategically placed over their penis.
With jaw-dropping pictures like that, it’s no wonder that the campaign spread quickly. The hashtag campaign has now reached the U.S.
After cancer awareness charity group and research centre, Cancer Research UK, has raised over USD4 million in a matter of days for their #nomakeupselfie campaign, some men thought that they also need to do their share. Hence, the #cockinasock trend was born.
Granted that the men’s campaign is undeniably more risqué than the women’s, but it appears to be working just as well. After all, they needed to raise awareness, and awareness they did raise successfully by their provocative photos. It’s doubtful that the men would be able to reach the same level of success if they also posed their no-makeup selfies.
The figure in the UK is lower at 2,000. The disease largely affects young and middle-aged men, but can be treated effectively if detected early through self-examination. This is why awareness of the disease is very important.
Here are some Instagram photos of men who have participated in the campaign:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Australia to Host Human Tests for New Brain Tumour Treatment
- Medical Marijuana Ads In Canada Facing Crackdown: Health Canada Issues Warning Letters To 20 Licensed Producers
- Ebola Vaccine Shows High Immune System Response In Early Tests; Australia Lifts Travel Ban on Congo
- Ellen DeGeneres Gives El Cajon Man With Viral Weight Loss Video Ford Mustang
- Viral 'Do They Know Its Christmas?' Video With Ed Sheeran, One Direction, Sam Smith Raises $1.5 Million For Ebola In Minutes
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones