#cockinasock Instagram Campaign Hopes To Raise Testicular Cancer Awareness
By Anne Lu | March 26, 2014 5:59 PM EST
Raising awareness for testicular cancer has never been more titillating. Men on Instagram are taking part in a worldwide event that helps raise awareness of the treatable disease, and they have pictures to show it.
The campaign #cockinasock started in the UK, where some guys hoped to help in raising awareness and funds for testicular cancer by posing completely naked, save for a sock that they strategically placed over their penis.
With jaw-dropping pictures like that, it’s no wonder that the campaign spread quickly. The hashtag campaign has now reached the U.S.
After cancer awareness charity group and research centre, Cancer Research UK, has raised over USD4 million in a matter of days for their #nomakeupselfie campaign, some men thought that they also need to do their share. Hence, the #cockinasock trend was born.
Granted that the men’s campaign is undeniably more risqué than the women’s, but it appears to be working just as well. After all, they needed to raise awareness, and awareness they did raise successfully by their provocative photos. It’s doubtful that the men would be able to reach the same level of success if they also posed their no-makeup selfies.
The figure in the UK is lower at 2,000. The disease largely affects young and middle-aged men, but can be treated effectively if detected early through self-examination. This is why awareness of the disease is very important.
Here are some Instagram photos of men who have participated in the campaign:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Great-Grandma With Dementia Writes Moving Letter Before Taking Life
- 'Game Of Thrones' Cast Members Nominate Each Other For ALS Ice Bucket Challenge [VIDEOS]
- Refraining from Your Regular Quota of Instant Noodles Might Save Your Life
- Smartphone-Linked 'Bionic' Pancreas More Effective In Diabetes: NSW Researchers
- Thanks to Technology, Young People are Losing the Ability to Read Emotions
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- Amazon Threatened by Google’s Partnership with Barnes and Noble