Android 4.4 Update Comes to Australia HTC One Devices
By Judith Aparri | March 26, 2014 5:55 PM EST
Many users of HTC One now receive Android 4.4.2 Kitkat OS update as Telstra started to push it to its users. The new software version arrives for build number 4.20.980.1 or Optus, Vodafone and Telstra devices. It can be downloaded online with a file size of 30 MB and should provide users with Android 4.4.2 OS improvements and fixes as announced.
The updated version will also come with HTC's own Sense 5.5 user interface. HTC announced the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update for HTC One devices will have features like iCloud Print Services and new BlueTooth. It will deliver security enhancements and Wi-Fi bug fix.
The Android 4.4 and Sense 5.5 combination on HTC One is not revolutionary. But there are features that are worth anticipating. If you are in Australia who use HTC One, start checking your device for updates in the Settings menu.
Not every device will receive the update immediately. But it is recommended for users to wait for the official update rather than make some workarounds.
In Australia, only HTC One devices on Telstra's network are receiving the new software release, although it should not be too long for other carriers to wait. Ausdroid noted Optus has already announced on its support Web site that Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for HTC One has already been approved, and that it should start arriving in mid-March.
Also, support pages of Vodafone have confirmed the updates are rolling out to their devices. It specified, it has completed its new release and currently waits for the update to arrive on devices over the air.
Wireless carrier claimed Android 4.4 update for HTC One mini is ready and will also be available soon.
Owners of an HTC One device on Telstra's network should head over to Settings -> About Phone -> Software updates to see whether the new release has arrived in their devices. Those who have an unlocked HTC One unit should have already received the update since the Taiwanese carrier pushed it out several weeks ago.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]