Sony Open Tennis 2014 Quarterfinals Preview: Andy Murray vs. Novak Djokovic Live Streaming Information
By James Patrick Quizon | March 26, 2014 5:53 PM EST
World No. 2 Novak Djokovic gets his first real test at the Sony Open Tennis 2014 tournament on Thursday when he faces rival Andy Murray in the quarterfinal round of the tournament held at the Tennis Center at Crandon Park in Miami, Florida.
Tennis: Sony Open-Murray v Lopez
Both 26 years old, the Serbian, who is ranked No. 2 in the world and the Scottish, who is ranked No. 6 are in the prime of their careers. They have met 19 times already before the Miami tournament and Djokovic has the slight edge, 11-8.
The last couple of years have been very close too. In January 2013, Djokovic defeated Murray in the final of the Australian Open in four sets, 6-7 (2), 7-6 (3), 6-3, 6-2. Five months later in London, Murray returned the favor with a 6-4, 7-5, 6-4 straight sets win in the championship round at Wimbledon.
The match-up in Miami may not be a Grand Slam final but it’s one of the most awaited so far in 2014.
An in-form Murray strutted his wares in the previous round with a dominating 6-4, 6-1 win over Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. Djokovic also won in straight sets in the Round of 16 but had to go some tough moments against Tommy Robredo winning with a score of 6-3, 7-5.
The winner of the Murray-Djokovic match will face the winner of the Roger Federer-Kei Nishkori quarterfinal.
2014 Sony Open Tennis Quarterfinals
(1) Rafael Nadal vs. (12) Milos Raonic
(22) Alexandr Dolgopolov vs. (7) Tomas Berdych
(5) Roger Federer vs. (20) Kei Nishikori
(6) Andy Murray vs. (2) Novak Djokovic
Watch the Murray-Djokovic Live Streaming and other quarterfinals matches via the tournament’s official website.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports