Sony Open Tennis 2014 Quarterfinals Preview: Andy Murray vs. Novak Djokovic Live Streaming Information
By James Patrick Quizon | March 26, 2014 5:53 PM EST
World No. 2 Novak Djokovic gets his first real test at the Sony Open Tennis 2014 tournament on Thursday when he faces rival Andy Murray in the quarterfinal round of the tournament held at the Tennis Center at Crandon Park in Miami, Florida.
Tennis: Sony Open-Murray v Lopez
Both 26 years old, the Serbian, who is ranked No. 2 in the world and the Scottish, who is ranked No. 6 are in the prime of their careers. They have met 19 times already before the Miami tournament and Djokovic has the slight edge, 11-8.
The last couple of years have been very close too. In January 2013, Djokovic defeated Murray in the final of the Australian Open in four sets, 6-7 (2), 7-6 (3), 6-3, 6-2. Five months later in London, Murray returned the favor with a 6-4, 7-5, 6-4 straight sets win in the championship round at Wimbledon.
The match-up in Miami may not be a Grand Slam final but it’s one of the most awaited so far in 2014.
An in-form Murray strutted his wares in the previous round with a dominating 6-4, 6-1 win over Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. Djokovic also won in straight sets in the Round of 16 but had to go some tough moments against Tommy Robredo winning with a score of 6-3, 7-5.
The winner of the Murray-Djokovic match will face the winner of the Roger Federer-Kei Nishkori quarterfinal.
2014 Sony Open Tennis Quarterfinals
(1) Rafael Nadal vs. (12) Milos Raonic
(22) Alexandr Dolgopolov vs. (7) Tomas Berdych
(5) Roger Federer vs. (20) Kei Nishikori
(6) Andy Murray vs. (2) Novak Djokovic
Watch the Murray-Djokovic Live Streaming and other quarterfinals matches via the tournament’s official website.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance