Vijay-Murugadoss's Film Title Confirmed as 'Kaththi'
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 26, 2014 5:45 PM EST
Finally, Vijay-Murugadoss's upcoming film has got a title. It has been named as "Kaththi" and is confirmed by the director himself. "Happy & delighted to announce the title of my project with Ilaiyathalapathy Vijay -"KATHTHI"," Murugadoss tweeted on his Twitter handle.
Screenshot from "Thalaiva
Vijay ( Screenshot from "Thalaivaa" official trailer/ YouTube)
Until now, the film was tentatively called as "Vijay 57" by fans. There were a lot of buzz surrounding the film's title ever since the Vijay starrer went on floors. Names such as "Dheeran" and "Vaal" were doing the rounds in social media circles. But, now the director has confirmed the title as "Kaththi" (Knife).
The film, deemed as an action entertainer, will reportedly have Vijay in dual roles. Samantha Ruth Prabhu has been paired opposite Ilayathalapathy for the first time in "Kaththi." Bollywood actor Neil Nitin Mukesh will be making his Tamil debut as a villain through this film.
"Kaththi" music is being composed by Anirudh. Details about the film's cast and other crew members are yet to be revealed.
The shooting of the film is currently progressing at a brisk pace in Hyderabad. The Vijay starrer is being produced by Ayngaran and Lyca. Its editing is handled by Sreekar Prasad, while cinematography is done by George C Williams.
The first look of "Kaththi" is expected to be released for Tamil New Year Day. The film is slated to hit the screens for Diwali.
Expectations are sky high for the Murugadoss directorial as the filmmaker has teamed up with Vijay for the second time post the stupendous success of the 2012-release "Thuppakki." It remains to be seen if the actor-director duo will be able to recreate their magic once again with "Kaththi."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 Winner Revealed: Celebs And Eliminated Contestants React Plus Who Will Mentor In Season 8
- ‘Jurassic World’ Director Teases New Image Featuring Chris Pratt In A Friendly Pose With A Raptor [Spoilers]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review]
- Bookmaker Suspends Bets on Queen Elizabeth II Christmas Day Abdication Announcement
- 'White Collar' Season 6, Episode 6 Spoiler: Matt Bomer's Neal Caffrey Dies In Finale Speculations, Mozzie Dies And 'Baby Neal' In Facebook Comments