Premier League Result: Arsenal 2-2 Swansea; Highlights, Scores, Updates (Video)
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 26, 2014 5:42 PM EST
The Premier League matches on Tuesday caused interesting developments in the upper portion of the table, with Arsenal dropping points and moving down to fourth, while Manchester City's win helped them climb to second.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger reacts after an Arsenal own goal during their English Premier League soccer match against Swansea City at the Emirates stadium in London
It was turning out to be a long day for the Gunners as Swansea forward Wilfried Bony was able to open up the score line in just 11 minutes after kick-off.
Arsene Wenger's men responded with a barrage of attacks, putting pressure on the guests by taking control of possession and keeping the ball in Swansea's half.
It was not until the 73rd minute when impact substitute Lukas Podolsi was found lurking at the centre of the box by Kieran Gibbs, who went past Angel Rangel on the left side to deliver a short pass finding Podolski's left foot that led to the equalising goal.
Just over a minute later, it was Podolski time to turn provider, after the ball was intercepted in midfield, storming down the flank, deploying a low cross finding targetman Olivier Giroud.
It appeared to have been a won ball-game for the Gunners after their second goal since they were still dominating possession.
However, lack of concentration led to a costly error in the at stoppage time, with Leon Britton able to squeeze himself onto the box after a give-and-go with Angel Rangel.
Per Mertesacker hit the ball with his foot after he went down for a tackle. It went towards approaching shot-stopper Wojciech Szczesny, who was not able to handle it, and accidentally bounced off Mathieu Flamini, rolling straight to the net for an own-goal.
Despite experiencing a very disappointing setback, Arsenal needs to move on fast as they will be facing in-form City on Saturday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles