Boxing News: Floyd Mayweather Jr. Enjoys Fooling Around Amir Khan
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 26, 2014 4:42 PM EST
Pound-for-pound King Floyd Mayweather Jr. might face Argentine Brawler Marcos Maidana in his next fight. But he's already guaranteeing Amir Khan a fight in his last three fights with Showtime Boxing. Reportedly, Mayweather is making a fool out of Khan again.
British boxer has sparked controversy while paying tribute to the victims and families affected by the Boston Bombing.
Mayweather, who looks to unify the WBC and WBA title in his showdown with Maidana on May 3 at MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas, Nevada, was believed to have promised Khan a date in the ring probably later this year or by 2015.
Khan confirmed Money May's promise in an interview with the Daily Mail saying the undefeated American called him 2 weeks ago for a spot in his last three fights after his Maidana slugfest.
"A couple of weeks ago, Floyd came on the phone and said, 'Hey champ, how are you doing?' That was a great opening line, and it showed he is a respectful guy away from the camera," Khan told the Daily Mail.
"He then said, 'That didn't happen, but don't be disappointed. You are one of the names I want to fight, and I know you are a big star. The fight will happen." He added he's got three fights left in his career and that I would be one of them."
Khan previously emerged as the favorite to fight Mayweather in his Cinco de Mayo showpiece. But he was snubbed in favor of Maidana, who is coming off a sensational unanimous decision win over pound-for-pound star Adrien Broner in December 2013.
The Briton even topped the poll conducted by Mayweather's camp. But to no avail, Mayweather still went on to pick Maidana mainly because of the hype surrounding the Argentine brawler.
Khan, known for his smarts while the ring, is being turned into a pathetic fool by Mayweather. Ever since his rise to the top of the pound-for-pound rankings, Mayweather has been fooling everybody. In December, Mayweather posted a series of pictures to attack Manny Pacquiao and his trainer Freddie Roach.
But Pacquiao wisely stayed off Money May's bait. Unfortunately, Khan did not, and he recklessly committed the same mistake over and over again.
His antics give more reasons for Mayweather and his camp to believe that he's easy to be fooled. One rule in the world of boxing, fighters should not trust anybody, especially words coming from an opponent.
Khan should stop talking about his upcoming fight with Mayweather. Ahead of him is a tougher fight than he expects against Luis Collazo. After humiliating Victor Ortiz, Collazo is out to prove that his sensational knockout win against the former welterweight champ was not a fluke.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues