Vijay-Mohanlal's 'Jilla' Completes 75 Days; Film to be Remade in Telugu Soon
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 26, 2014 4:12 PM EST
Vijay-Mohanlal's pongal release "Jilla" has successfully completed its 75-day theatrical run. [Also Read: Vijay-Murugadoss's Film Title Revealed]
Vijay-Mohanlal in "Jilla" (Facebook)
The film, which released on 10 January, is still running in a few theatres in Chennai.
Directed by RT Neason, "Jilla" is a commercial entertainer that revolves around father-son relationship.
The film generated a lot of buzz even before its release thanks to the presence of two of biggest film stars in south cinema.
"Jilla" took a fantastic opening on the first day of its release, despite facing strong competition from Ajith's "Veeram." The film earned more than ₹7 crore on the first day at the Tamil Nadu box office and also performed exceptionally well in Kerala by raking in ₹2.62 crore, which was the highest single day gross for any film in the state.
The Vijay-Mohanlal starrer did good business not just in India, but also in overseas markets. The film has turned out to be a profitable venture for its producers Super Good Films.
Although there have been several releases in the past couple of months, "Jilla" has managed to hold on to some screens. The action entertainer successfully completed 75-day run on 25 March.
The film is all set to be remade in Telugu with Neason directing it. R.B.Choudhary of Super Good Films will be producing the film in Telugu as well, but the details about the film's cast and crew are yet to be finalised.
Buzz is that the director wants Jr NTR and Balakrishna to play the lead roles in the Telugu version. However, the director is yet to approach either of the actors, reported Indiaglitz.
Earlier, it was speculated that Chiranjeevi and Ram Charan might reprise Mohanlal and Vijay's roles in "Jilla" remake. It is being said that Chiranjeevi was approached to play one of the leads in the Telugu version, but the actor rejected the proposal owing to various factors including the upcoming elections in Andhra Pradesh.
Chiranjeevi's comeback film will be his 150th project. It is being said that the actor will not accept any remake for his 150th film. "It is true that two producers approached Chiranjeevigaru for Jilla remake. But this is not the right time. Besides, his 150th movie cannot be a remake. If at all his 150th movie happens, it will be completely based on local subject reflecting the sentiments of Andhraites. He will not accept any remake project," a source close to the actor told Bangalore Mirror.
The Telugu version of "Jilla" is expected to go on floors soon.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report