Nokia Lumia 630: One of the First Windows Phone 8.1 Handsets Expected to Appear at Teased Nokia Event on April 2
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 26, 2014 3:41 PM EST
Nokia has sent out the invitation for the Microsoft Build Developer Conference scheduled on April 2, Wednesday, in San Francisco. The Finnish company is expected to focus again on the Windows Phone handsets at the upcoming event after officially unveiling their first Android phone, Nokia X, at the 2014 Mobile World Congress (MWC).
The invitation posted on Nokia's Conversations blog teased that there are "More Lumia" to arrive with the interactive graphic featuring different icons for the letter "O" in the word "more." Click HERE to see Nokia's invitation for the event.
The Windows Phone 8.1 is expected to be officially introduced at the Build event together with the Nokia Lumia smartphones running on the latest operating system like the Nokia Lumia 630, 635 and 930. "There are no details given about exactly what Lumia news will be given, but the 930 and 630 handsets look like a distinct possibility as well as the Lumia 635, thought to be a dual-SIM version of the 630," the Phones Review report noted.
According to the Recode report, Microsoft declared at the 2014 Mobile World Congress that the spring Windows Phone update will be adding support for the lower-end Qualcomm Snapdragon chips in order to prepare for the more low-cost models. The Nokia Lumia 630 is expected to be the affordable smartphone and one of the new ones packed with the Windows Phone 8.1 ready to replace its popular predecessor, the Nokia Lumia 620.
The leaked press image showed the Nokia Lumia 630 still sporting the Nokia trend on lively colour choices with the design bearing resemblance to the recently unveiled Nokia X Android smartphone. The Nokia Lumia 630 features and specs reported in 3g.co.uk include the 4.3-inch touch screen display with 854x480p resolution, the power of a 1.7GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, 1GB of RAM and a 5MP camera with the Nokia Lumia 635 version having LTE support.
The Nokia Lumia 635 will be the dual-SIM version of the Nokia Lumia 630 also pre-loaded with the Windows Phone 8.1 OS also expected to be officially unveiled with the other Windows Phone 8.1 devices such as the Nokia Lumia 930 and the rumoured new Nokia flagship, the Nokia Lumia 530.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia: Nokia Launches New App 'Pocket Magnifier' for Windows Phone 8 Handsets - [READ]
Nokia Lumia 530: Nokia Working on Nokia Lumia 525 and 520 Successor Leaked as Nokia Rock? - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy