Nokia Lumia 630: One of the First Windows Phone 8.1 Handsets Expected to Appear at Teased Nokia Event on April 2
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 26, 2014 3:41 PM EST
Nokia has sent out the invitation for the Microsoft Build Developer Conference scheduled on April 2, Wednesday, in San Francisco. The Finnish company is expected to focus again on the Windows Phone handsets at the upcoming event after officially unveiling their first Android phone, Nokia X, at the 2014 Mobile World Congress (MWC).
The invitation posted on Nokia's Conversations blog teased that there are "More Lumia" to arrive with the interactive graphic featuring different icons for the letter "O" in the word "more." Click HERE to see Nokia's invitation for the event.
The Windows Phone 8.1 is expected to be officially introduced at the Build event together with the Nokia Lumia smartphones running on the latest operating system like the Nokia Lumia 630, 635 and 930. "There are no details given about exactly what Lumia news will be given, but the 930 and 630 handsets look like a distinct possibility as well as the Lumia 635, thought to be a dual-SIM version of the 630," the Phones Review report noted.
According to the Recode report, Microsoft declared at the 2014 Mobile World Congress that the spring Windows Phone update will be adding support for the lower-end Qualcomm Snapdragon chips in order to prepare for the more low-cost models. The Nokia Lumia 630 is expected to be the affordable smartphone and one of the new ones packed with the Windows Phone 8.1 ready to replace its popular predecessor, the Nokia Lumia 620.
The leaked press image showed the Nokia Lumia 630 still sporting the Nokia trend on lively colour choices with the design bearing resemblance to the recently unveiled Nokia X Android smartphone. The Nokia Lumia 630 features and specs reported in 3g.co.uk include the 4.3-inch touch screen display with 854x480p resolution, the power of a 1.7GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, 1GB of RAM and a 5MP camera with the Nokia Lumia 635 version having LTE support.
The Nokia Lumia 635 will be the dual-SIM version of the Nokia Lumia 630 also pre-loaded with the Windows Phone 8.1 OS also expected to be officially unveiled with the other Windows Phone 8.1 devices such as the Nokia Lumia 930 and the rumoured new Nokia flagship, the Nokia Lumia 530.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia: Nokia Launches New App 'Pocket Magnifier' for Windows Phone 8 Handsets - [READ]
Nokia Lumia 530: Nokia Working on Nokia Lumia 525 and 520 Successor Leaked as Nokia Rock? - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories