Try Out the Samsung Galaxy S5 Features with an App
By Karla Danica Figuerres | March 26, 2014 3:24 PM EST
The new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone is displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
If you are having a hard time whether or not to buy the Samsung Galaxy S5 with your hard-earned cash, you must try this app that allows you to try out the killer features of the smartphone.
The South Korean tech giant launched the Galaxy S5 Experience app that "provides interactive introduction on Galaxy S5 and Wearable Devices." The app is currently available to download from the Google Play Store.
Basically, the Galaxy S5 Experience app walks users through the main features of the Samsung Galaxy S5 which includes the Camera, Speed, S Health App and Ultra Power battery saving mode, among others. The Galaxy S5 Experience app runs on Android 4.0 or higher devices with screen resolution of at least 480 x 800 pixels and it requires a 1GGz processor and at least 1GB of RAM. Unfortunately, the app does not work on tablets.
Using the app, you can click on the Camera tab and experience the Samsung Galaxy S5 camera application and its exclusive features, which include HDR and Fast Auto Focus. Another app that users can try is "Speed" which has "Download Booster" that uses both 4G LTE network and dual-band Wi-Fi at the same time to deliver ultra-fast connection.
Another is the "Fitness" tab, which allows users to track exercise progress and review workout history. Also, the Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with a built-in heart rate monitor that allows users to measure heart rate directly from the device.
On the other hand, the "Gear" tab highlights the Samsung Gear 2 smartwatch and the Samsung Gear Fit fitness band and the "More" section takes users to the fingerprint scanner and "Ultra Power Saving Mode."
The aforementioned demos come with videos that give users a better idea on how the features actually work real time.
Meanwhile, the Samsung Galaxy S5 is expected to hit the shelves in April 11 in over 150 countries all over the world.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy