Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao To Throw 100 Punches Per Round Against Timothy Bradley
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 26, 2014 3:02 PM EST
Freddie Roach is confident Manny Pacquiao is going to win his rematch with Timothy Bradley Jr. in a convincing fashion, adding they have now the blueprint to dismantle the undefeated American welterweight.
The 35-year old Pacquiao is all set for perhaps a career-defining match with the Desert Storm on April 12 at MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas, Nevada. Pacman's Hall of Fame Trainer is feeling really good ahead of the match, as he believed they have the right gameplan to dominate the American this time around.
Pacquiao revealed that one of the things they are working out is to throw volume of punches in every round. The Pacman used to swarm his opponents with a barrage of hard shots during his prime, but he has become a more tactical or perhaps passive fighter in the past two years.
"Our main focus is to put more discipline into it and to throw a lot of punches," Pacquiao said during today's press conference via East Side Boxing. "If the knockout comes, then it comes. I just want to prove that I still have the hunger and the killer instinct."
Many boxing analysts predicted a motivated Pacquiao could throw as many as 100 punches per round, majority of these are power punches which would be devastating to Bradley at fight night.
Meanwhile, Roach is looking forward to scoring a payback against Bradley, who defeated Pacquiao via controversial split decision win two years ago. The Trainer of the Year stressed that his prize fighter could gun for a knockout win, if given a window of opportunity to land a devastating shot.
"Revenge is great and that's what we have our chance to do here is reverse that bad decision and get the win this time. Hopefully, if everything goes well and we fight the right fight, we'll knock this guy out," Roach told Fight Hype.
"He got concussed with Ruslan he says and didn't really know where he was; I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I don't know if that will show in Manny's fight, but I think if Manny puts pressure on him and hits him with those hard shots, then it will affect him and I think it'll be in our favor."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics