Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao To Throw 100 Punches Per Round Against Timothy Bradley
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 26, 2014 3:02 PM EST
Freddie Roach is confident Manny Pacquiao is going to win his rematch with Timothy Bradley Jr. in a convincing fashion, adding they have now the blueprint to dismantle the undefeated American welterweight.
The 35-year old Pacquiao is all set for perhaps a career-defining match with the Desert Storm on April 12 at MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas, Nevada. Pacman's Hall of Fame Trainer is feeling really good ahead of the match, as he believed they have the right gameplan to dominate the American this time around.
Pacquiao revealed that one of the things they are working out is to throw volume of punches in every round. The Pacman used to swarm his opponents with a barrage of hard shots during his prime, but he has become a more tactical or perhaps passive fighter in the past two years.
"Our main focus is to put more discipline into it and to throw a lot of punches," Pacquiao said during today's press conference via East Side Boxing. "If the knockout comes, then it comes. I just want to prove that I still have the hunger and the killer instinct."
Many boxing analysts predicted a motivated Pacquiao could throw as many as 100 punches per round, majority of these are power punches which would be devastating to Bradley at fight night.
Meanwhile, Roach is looking forward to scoring a payback against Bradley, who defeated Pacquiao via controversial split decision win two years ago. The Trainer of the Year stressed that his prize fighter could gun for a knockout win, if given a window of opportunity to land a devastating shot.
"Revenge is great and that's what we have our chance to do here is reverse that bad decision and get the win this time. Hopefully, if everything goes well and we fight the right fight, we'll knock this guy out," Roach told Fight Hype.
"He got concussed with Ruslan he says and didn't really know where he was; I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I don't know if that will show in Manny's fight, but I think if Manny puts pressure on him and hits him with those hard shots, then it will affect him and I think it'll be in our favor."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown