Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao To Throw 100 Punches Per Round Against Timothy Bradley
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 26, 2014 3:02 PM EST
Freddie Roach is confident Manny Pacquiao is going to win his rematch with Timothy Bradley Jr. in a convincing fashion, adding they have now the blueprint to dismantle the undefeated American welterweight.
The 35-year old Pacquiao is all set for perhaps a career-defining match with the Desert Storm on April 12 at MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas, Nevada. Pacman's Hall of Fame Trainer is feeling really good ahead of the match, as he believed they have the right gameplan to dominate the American this time around.
Pacquiao revealed that one of the things they are working out is to throw volume of punches in every round. The Pacman used to swarm his opponents with a barrage of hard shots during his prime, but he has become a more tactical or perhaps passive fighter in the past two years.
"Our main focus is to put more discipline into it and to throw a lot of punches," Pacquiao said during today's press conference via East Side Boxing. "If the knockout comes, then it comes. I just want to prove that I still have the hunger and the killer instinct."
Many boxing analysts predicted a motivated Pacquiao could throw as many as 100 punches per round, majority of these are power punches which would be devastating to Bradley at fight night.
Meanwhile, Roach is looking forward to scoring a payback against Bradley, who defeated Pacquiao via controversial split decision win two years ago. The Trainer of the Year stressed that his prize fighter could gun for a knockout win, if given a window of opportunity to land a devastating shot.
"Revenge is great and that's what we have our chance to do here is reverse that bad decision and get the win this time. Hopefully, if everything goes well and we fight the right fight, we'll knock this guy out," Roach told Fight Hype.
"He got concussed with Ruslan he says and didn't really know where he was; I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I don't know if that will show in Manny's fight, but I think if Manny puts pressure on him and hits him with those hard shots, then it will affect him and I think it'll be in our favor."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert