Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao To Throw 100 Punches Per Round Against Timothy Bradley
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 26, 2014 3:02 PM EST
Freddie Roach is confident Manny Pacquiao is going to win his rematch with Timothy Bradley Jr. in a convincing fashion, adding they have now the blueprint to dismantle the undefeated American welterweight.
The 35-year old Pacquiao is all set for perhaps a career-defining match with the Desert Storm on April 12 at MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas, Nevada. Pacman's Hall of Fame Trainer is feeling really good ahead of the match, as he believed they have the right gameplan to dominate the American this time around.
Pacquiao revealed that one of the things they are working out is to throw volume of punches in every round. The Pacman used to swarm his opponents with a barrage of hard shots during his prime, but he has become a more tactical or perhaps passive fighter in the past two years.
"Our main focus is to put more discipline into it and to throw a lot of punches," Pacquiao said during today's press conference via East Side Boxing. "If the knockout comes, then it comes. I just want to prove that I still have the hunger and the killer instinct."
Many boxing analysts predicted a motivated Pacquiao could throw as many as 100 punches per round, majority of these are power punches which would be devastating to Bradley at fight night.
Meanwhile, Roach is looking forward to scoring a payback against Bradley, who defeated Pacquiao via controversial split decision win two years ago. The Trainer of the Year stressed that his prize fighter could gun for a knockout win, if given a window of opportunity to land a devastating shot.
"Revenge is great and that's what we have our chance to do here is reverse that bad decision and get the win this time. Hopefully, if everything goes well and we fight the right fight, we'll knock this guy out," Roach told Fight Hype.
"He got concussed with Ruslan he says and didn't really know where he was; I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I don't know if that will show in Manny's fight, but I think if Manny puts pressure on him and hits him with those hard shots, then it will affect him and I think it'll be in our favor."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage