Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao To Throw 100 Punches Per Round Against Timothy Bradley
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 26, 2014 3:02 PM EST
Freddie Roach is confident Manny Pacquiao is going to win his rematch with Timothy Bradley Jr. in a convincing fashion, adding they have now the blueprint to dismantle the undefeated American welterweight.
The 35-year old Pacquiao is all set for perhaps a career-defining match with the Desert Storm on April 12 at MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas, Nevada. Pacman's Hall of Fame Trainer is feeling really good ahead of the match, as he believed they have the right gameplan to dominate the American this time around.
Pacquiao revealed that one of the things they are working out is to throw volume of punches in every round. The Pacman used to swarm his opponents with a barrage of hard shots during his prime, but he has become a more tactical or perhaps passive fighter in the past two years.
"Our main focus is to put more discipline into it and to throw a lot of punches," Pacquiao said during today's press conference via East Side Boxing. "If the knockout comes, then it comes. I just want to prove that I still have the hunger and the killer instinct."
Many boxing analysts predicted a motivated Pacquiao could throw as many as 100 punches per round, majority of these are power punches which would be devastating to Bradley at fight night.
Meanwhile, Roach is looking forward to scoring a payback against Bradley, who defeated Pacquiao via controversial split decision win two years ago. The Trainer of the Year stressed that his prize fighter could gun for a knockout win, if given a window of opportunity to land a devastating shot.
"Revenge is great and that's what we have our chance to do here is reverse that bad decision and get the win this time. Hopefully, if everything goes well and we fight the right fight, we'll knock this guy out," Roach told Fight Hype.
"He got concussed with Ruslan he says and didn't really know where he was; I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I don't know if that will show in Manny's fight, but I think if Manny puts pressure on him and hits him with those hard shots, then it will affect him and I think it'll be in our favor."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James