iPad Pro Release Date Soon as Tablet Spotted on Web Site
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 26, 2014 2:56 PM EST
iPad Pro release date may come sooner than later as the tablet was allegedly seen on Apple's web site.
An unusually large iPad was apparently spotted on the front page of Apple's web site. It was being handled by a person who was wearing a cleanroom uniform. The photo was used in the portion talking about "Supplier Responsibility".
A mock-up of what the iPad Pro could look like, next to the smaller iPad 4 and iPad mini.
Based on the photo, the iPad was in landscape position and the Apple logo was on the same orientation. This is quite unusual as the Apple logo in iPad was in portrait or vertical position. However, the logo in Macs and MacBooks was in horizontal orientation.
There was a big possibility that the woman was holding a notebook and the keyboard was hidden on the camera. However, according to writer Chuong Nguyen of Gotta Be Mobile, "we would believe that the weight of the keyboard portion would make the keyboard fall down to reveal some traces of the keyboard in that position."
iPad Pro was the unofficial name of Apple's rumoured 12.9 inch tablet. The device has been in the rumour mill since late last year even before Samsung announced that NotePRO and TabPRO tablets. The devices proved to be meant for users who need powerful tablets.
Rumours have stated that iPad Pro will come in two variants with different resolutions. Both models will pack 12.9-inch screen panel but will come with 2K and 4K display resolution, respectively. Moreover, an Apple patent hinted that the tablet's bezels may be hyper-sensitive and the iPad Pro will pack pressure sensors on the bezels that may replace the physical home button.
According to KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, iPad Pro release date will be in 2015 as the second generation of iPad Air will be released this year. Kuo also added that no iPad Mini 3 will be released later this year. Other reports claimed that iPad Pro may arrive this year either in June at Worldwide Developers' Conference or in October just like last year's launch.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build