‘Gotham’ Season 1: Meet Alfred Pennyworth & The Penguin [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | March 26, 2014 2:54 PM EST
After releasing the first photos of James Gordon, Catwoman, Bruce Wayne and Detective Harvey Bullock, "Gotham" team has now released new images of Alfred Pennyworth and The Penguin."The Walking Dead" star Robin Lord Taylor will play the role of Oswald Cobbleport, 'The Penguin' while Bruce Wayne's trusted butler will be played by Sean Pertwee.
"Gotham's" story will follow a young James Gordon, played by Ben McKenzie, as he solves one of Gotham's most high-profile cases ever, which is the murder of Bruce Wayne's parents, Thomas and Martha Wayne. While solving this case, Gordon meets Gotham's most wanted criminals -- The Penguin, The Riddler and Catwoman.
"This is not one of the things where you bought a franchise and then none of characters people know," Kevin Reilly, Fox entertainment president, said in an interview published by The Hollywood Reporter. "We will follow Bruce Wayne right up until the point where he gets interesting."
"It's Gotham teetering on the edge," he said. "This is all of the classic Batman characters," he added.
Oswald Cobbleport has been described as having "the brains of a chess grandmaster and the morals of a jackal." He is a "low-level psychopath (for gangster Fish Mooney played by Jada Pinkett Smith) who hides his sadistic lust for power behind an exquisitely polite demeanor."
Cobbleport will become Gotham's supervillain known as 'The Penguin'. The show is expected to show his rise from being a low-level psychopath to becoming the most wanted criminal. A photo of The Penguin was released via the official "Gotham" Tumblr, Facebook and Twitter account.
Meanwhile, the first episode of this new show will show Batman's loyal butler raising Bruce after his parents' murder. Sean Pertwee's character has been described as a "tough-as-nails ex-MI6 agent from East London, Pennyworth has loyally served the Wayne family. Now, in the wake of their tragic deaths, he's fiercely protective of the young Bruce Wayne - the boy who will eventually become Batman."
Created by Bob Kane, "Gotham" will be directed by Danny Cannon who is known for his work in "CSI" and "Nikita." The show is scheduled to premiere by the end of the year or in the beginning of 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles