‘Gotham’ Season 1: Meet Alfred Pennyworth & The Penguin [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | March 26, 2014 2:54 PM EST
After releasing the first photos of James Gordon, Catwoman, Bruce Wayne and Detective Harvey Bullock, "Gotham" team has now released new images of Alfred Pennyworth and The Penguin."The Walking Dead" star Robin Lord Taylor will play the role of Oswald Cobbleport, 'The Penguin' while Bruce Wayne's trusted butler will be played by Sean Pertwee.
"Gotham's" story will follow a young James Gordon, played by Ben McKenzie, as he solves one of Gotham's most high-profile cases ever, which is the murder of Bruce Wayne's parents, Thomas and Martha Wayne. While solving this case, Gordon meets Gotham's most wanted criminals -- The Penguin, The Riddler and Catwoman.
"This is not one of the things where you bought a franchise and then none of characters people know," Kevin Reilly, Fox entertainment president, said in an interview published by The Hollywood Reporter. "We will follow Bruce Wayne right up until the point where he gets interesting."
"It's Gotham teetering on the edge," he said. "This is all of the classic Batman characters," he added.
Oswald Cobbleport has been described as having "the brains of a chess grandmaster and the morals of a jackal." He is a "low-level psychopath (for gangster Fish Mooney played by Jada Pinkett Smith) who hides his sadistic lust for power behind an exquisitely polite demeanor."
Cobbleport will become Gotham's supervillain known as 'The Penguin'. The show is expected to show his rise from being a low-level psychopath to becoming the most wanted criminal. A photo of The Penguin was released via the official "Gotham" Tumblr, Facebook and Twitter account.
Meanwhile, the first episode of this new show will show Batman's loyal butler raising Bruce after his parents' murder. Sean Pertwee's character has been described as a "tough-as-nails ex-MI6 agent from East London, Pennyworth has loyally served the Wayne family. Now, in the wake of their tragic deaths, he's fiercely protective of the young Bruce Wayne - the boy who will eventually become Batman."
Created by Bob Kane, "Gotham" will be directed by Danny Cannon who is known for his work in "CSI" and "Nikita." The show is scheduled to premiere by the end of the year or in the beginning of 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June