‘Gotham’ Season 1: Meet Alfred Pennyworth & The Penguin [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | March 26, 2014 2:54 PM EST
After releasing the first photos of James Gordon, Catwoman, Bruce Wayne and Detective Harvey Bullock, "Gotham" team has now released new images of Alfred Pennyworth and The Penguin."The Walking Dead" star Robin Lord Taylor will play the role of Oswald Cobbleport, 'The Penguin' while Bruce Wayne's trusted butler will be played by Sean Pertwee.
"Gotham's" story will follow a young James Gordon, played by Ben McKenzie, as he solves one of Gotham's most high-profile cases ever, which is the murder of Bruce Wayne's parents, Thomas and Martha Wayne. While solving this case, Gordon meets Gotham's most wanted criminals -- The Penguin, The Riddler and Catwoman.
"This is not one of the things where you bought a franchise and then none of characters people know," Kevin Reilly, Fox entertainment president, said in an interview published by The Hollywood Reporter. "We will follow Bruce Wayne right up until the point where he gets interesting."
"It's Gotham teetering on the edge," he said. "This is all of the classic Batman characters," he added.
Oswald Cobbleport has been described as having "the brains of a chess grandmaster and the morals of a jackal." He is a "low-level psychopath (for gangster Fish Mooney played by Jada Pinkett Smith) who hides his sadistic lust for power behind an exquisitely polite demeanor."
Cobbleport will become Gotham's supervillain known as 'The Penguin'. The show is expected to show his rise from being a low-level psychopath to becoming the most wanted criminal. A photo of The Penguin was released via the official "Gotham" Tumblr, Facebook and Twitter account.
Meanwhile, the first episode of this new show will show Batman's loyal butler raising Bruce after his parents' murder. Sean Pertwee's character has been described as a "tough-as-nails ex-MI6 agent from East London, Pennyworth has loyally served the Wayne family. Now, in the wake of their tragic deaths, he's fiercely protective of the young Bruce Wayne - the boy who will eventually become Batman."
Created by Bob Kane, "Gotham" will be directed by Danny Cannon who is known for his work in "CSI" and "Nikita." The show is scheduled to premiere by the end of the year or in the beginning of 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6