‘Gotham’ Season 1: Meet Alfred Pennyworth & The Penguin [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | March 26, 2014 2:54 PM EST
After releasing the first photos of James Gordon, Catwoman, Bruce Wayne and Detective Harvey Bullock, "Gotham" team has now released new images of Alfred Pennyworth and The Penguin."The Walking Dead" star Robin Lord Taylor will play the role of Oswald Cobbleport, 'The Penguin' while Bruce Wayne's trusted butler will be played by Sean Pertwee.
"Gotham's" story will follow a young James Gordon, played by Ben McKenzie, as he solves one of Gotham's most high-profile cases ever, which is the murder of Bruce Wayne's parents, Thomas and Martha Wayne. While solving this case, Gordon meets Gotham's most wanted criminals -- The Penguin, The Riddler and Catwoman.
"This is not one of the things where you bought a franchise and then none of characters people know," Kevin Reilly, Fox entertainment president, said in an interview published by The Hollywood Reporter. "We will follow Bruce Wayne right up until the point where he gets interesting."
"It's Gotham teetering on the edge," he said. "This is all of the classic Batman characters," he added.
Oswald Cobbleport has been described as having "the brains of a chess grandmaster and the morals of a jackal." He is a "low-level psychopath (for gangster Fish Mooney played by Jada Pinkett Smith) who hides his sadistic lust for power behind an exquisitely polite demeanor."
Cobbleport will become Gotham's supervillain known as 'The Penguin'. The show is expected to show his rise from being a low-level psychopath to becoming the most wanted criminal. A photo of The Penguin was released via the official "Gotham" Tumblr, Facebook and Twitter account.
Meanwhile, the first episode of this new show will show Batman's loyal butler raising Bruce after his parents' murder. Sean Pertwee's character has been described as a "tough-as-nails ex-MI6 agent from East London, Pennyworth has loyally served the Wayne family. Now, in the wake of their tragic deaths, he's fiercely protective of the young Bruce Wayne - the boy who will eventually become Batman."
Created by Bob Kane, "Gotham" will be directed by Danny Cannon who is known for his work in "CSI" and "Nikita." The show is scheduled to premiere by the end of the year or in the beginning of 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Best Black Friday 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More