‘Gotham’ Season 1: Meet Alfred Pennyworth & The Penguin [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | March 26, 2014 2:54 PM EST
After releasing the first photos of James Gordon, Catwoman, Bruce Wayne and Detective Harvey Bullock, "Gotham" team has now released new images of Alfred Pennyworth and The Penguin."The Walking Dead" star Robin Lord Taylor will play the role of Oswald Cobbleport, 'The Penguin' while Bruce Wayne's trusted butler will be played by Sean Pertwee.
"Gotham's" story will follow a young James Gordon, played by Ben McKenzie, as he solves one of Gotham's most high-profile cases ever, which is the murder of Bruce Wayne's parents, Thomas and Martha Wayne. While solving this case, Gordon meets Gotham's most wanted criminals -- The Penguin, The Riddler and Catwoman.
"This is not one of the things where you bought a franchise and then none of characters people know," Kevin Reilly, Fox entertainment president, said in an interview published by The Hollywood Reporter. "We will follow Bruce Wayne right up until the point where he gets interesting."
"It's Gotham teetering on the edge," he said. "This is all of the classic Batman characters," he added.
Oswald Cobbleport has been described as having "the brains of a chess grandmaster and the morals of a jackal." He is a "low-level psychopath (for gangster Fish Mooney played by Jada Pinkett Smith) who hides his sadistic lust for power behind an exquisitely polite demeanor."
Cobbleport will become Gotham's supervillain known as 'The Penguin'. The show is expected to show his rise from being a low-level psychopath to becoming the most wanted criminal. A photo of The Penguin was released via the official "Gotham" Tumblr, Facebook and Twitter account.
Meanwhile, the first episode of this new show will show Batman's loyal butler raising Bruce after his parents' murder. Sean Pertwee's character has been described as a "tough-as-nails ex-MI6 agent from East London, Pennyworth has loyally served the Wayne family. Now, in the wake of their tragic deaths, he's fiercely protective of the young Bruce Wayne - the boy who will eventually become Batman."
Created by Bob Kane, "Gotham" will be directed by Danny Cannon who is known for his work in "CSI" and "Nikita." The show is scheduled to premiere by the end of the year or in the beginning of 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report