Kim Kardashian ‘Vogue’: Anna Wintour and Kourtney Kardashian Defend Kimye Against Sarah Michelle Gellar and Other Haters? [PHOTOS]
By Vanessa Francisco | March 26, 2014 2:47 PM EST
"Keeping Up With The Kardashians" star Kim Kardashian and fiance Kanye West have been heavily criticised because of their Vogue cover but in spite of the negative reactions, one of the Kardashian sisters still showed her support. When asked about the public backlash over her sister Kim and Kanye's April 2014 Vogue cover, Kourtney Kardashian told "Good Morning America" that she has not seen any reaction.
Kourtney was asked about the Vogue cover so many times but insisted that she had not heard a single bad thing about it that has everyone talking. "I do not hear about any news. I am the last to hear anything," Kourtney said. "But I posted it on my Instagram account and saw amazing responses and stuff. I am so happy for her."
One of the negative reactions about Kim and Kanye on the magazine spread was from "The Crazy Ones" star Sarah Michelle Gellar, who tweeted about cancelling her subscription to the highend magazine. "Well...... I guess I am canceling my Vogue subscription. Who is with me???" She wrote on Friday, Mar. 21.
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West graced the magazine in a series of just-released photos. The couple look radiant as the future bride wore a white dress while the future groom laid on her lap, wearing a pair of black leather pants as a naked nine-month-old baby North straddled on his chest.
Anna Wintour also defended her decision to put Kim Kardashian and Kanye West on the latest Vogue cover. "Part of the pleasure of editing Vogue, one that lies in a long tradition of this magazine, is being able to feature those who define the culture at any given moment, who stir things up, whose presence in the world shapes the way it looks and influences the way we see it," Wintour said, according to Us Weekly. "I think we can all agree on the fact that that role is currently being played by Kim and Kanye to a T."
Supermodel Naomi Campbell was also asked about Kim and Kanye's headline Vogue cover and said: "I do not want to comment," the fashion icon said before laughing at the question. When asked if she thinks Kim and Kanye have not earned the right to be on the Vogue cover, she said: "Those are your words. I am being politically correct. That is Anna Wintour's choice to put them on the cover of her magazine, who's to question it?"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen