Kim Kardashian ‘Vogue’: Anna Wintour and Kourtney Kardashian Defend Kimye Against Sarah Michelle Gellar and Other Haters? [PHOTOS]
By Vanessa Francisco | March 26, 2014 2:47 PM EST
"Keeping Up With The Kardashians" star Kim Kardashian and fiance Kanye West have been heavily criticised because of their Vogue cover but in spite of the negative reactions, one of the Kardashian sisters still showed her support. When asked about the public backlash over her sister Kim and Kanye's April 2014 Vogue cover, Kourtney Kardashian told "Good Morning America" that she has not seen any reaction.
Kourtney was asked about the Vogue cover so many times but insisted that she had not heard a single bad thing about it that has everyone talking. "I do not hear about any news. I am the last to hear anything," Kourtney said. "But I posted it on my Instagram account and saw amazing responses and stuff. I am so happy for her."
One of the negative reactions about Kim and Kanye on the magazine spread was from "The Crazy Ones" star Sarah Michelle Gellar, who tweeted about cancelling her subscription to the highend magazine. "Well...... I guess I am canceling my Vogue subscription. Who is with me???" She wrote on Friday, Mar. 21.
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West graced the magazine in a series of just-released photos. The couple look radiant as the future bride wore a white dress while the future groom laid on her lap, wearing a pair of black leather pants as a naked nine-month-old baby North straddled on his chest.
Anna Wintour also defended her decision to put Kim Kardashian and Kanye West on the latest Vogue cover. "Part of the pleasure of editing Vogue, one that lies in a long tradition of this magazine, is being able to feature those who define the culture at any given moment, who stir things up, whose presence in the world shapes the way it looks and influences the way we see it," Wintour said, according to Us Weekly. "I think we can all agree on the fact that that role is currently being played by Kim and Kanye to a T."
Supermodel Naomi Campbell was also asked about Kim and Kanye's headline Vogue cover and said: "I do not want to comment," the fashion icon said before laughing at the question. When asked if she thinks Kim and Kanye have not earned the right to be on the Vogue cover, she said: "Those are your words. I am being politically correct. That is Anna Wintour's choice to put them on the cover of her magazine, who's to question it?"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Spoilers: Curly Hair Bachelorette’s Exit In Episode 16, Blake Talks About Laurina And Why He Rubbed His Eye
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2