Premier League Update: Easy Win for Manchester City
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 26, 2014 2:44 PM EST
Manchester City pushed further up in the premier league having secured an easy win against Manchester United at Old Trafford, on Tuesday by 3-0.
The first shock to United came just right after the start of the match, when in 1 minute a shot from Samir Nasri rebounded which was duly managed by Edin Dzeko with a goal.
The second goal came at 56th minute when Edin Dzeko again capitalised his second opportunity with a brilliant volley into the top corner of the goal.
The final goal came at 90 minutes when Yaya Touré received a ball on the edge of the box and took an assured touch past Evra before lashing a strike into the bottom left corner.
It was a staggering start for United, and they were unable to control the super-fine attack of City right from the first minute. United looked completely flummoxed with the pressure and showed no such significant signs returning to the game.
United coach David Moyes selected a three-man central midfield with an intention to pressurise City, but that proved to be too volatile in front of the ruler.
Rio Ferdinand also seemed to be struggling with the pace of the game and played Silvia onside in the 18th minute, leading to Dzeko, but a superb save from David De Gea saved one sure chance.
City's Marouane Fellaini was fortunate as he escaped a red card for bad elbowing on Paolo Zabaleta in the first half.
United tried every way to get back to the game as they got some real good opportunity but nothing significant was achieved. They missed two sure chances when in 39 minutes Wayne Rooney got possession to crack a goal, but that again went off high above the target.
A sad evening for United as they looked completely bogged down in front of the majestic performance set by City.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon