Premier League Update: Easy Win for Manchester City
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 26, 2014 2:44 PM EST
Manchester City pushed further up in the premier league having secured an easy win against Manchester United at Old Trafford, on Tuesday by 3-0.
The first shock to United came just right after the start of the match, when in 1 minute a shot from Samir Nasri rebounded which was duly managed by Edin Dzeko with a goal.
The second goal came at 56th minute when Edin Dzeko again capitalised his second opportunity with a brilliant volley into the top corner of the goal.
The final goal came at 90 minutes when Yaya Touré received a ball on the edge of the box and took an assured touch past Evra before lashing a strike into the bottom left corner.
It was a staggering start for United, and they were unable to control the super-fine attack of City right from the first minute. United looked completely flummoxed with the pressure and showed no such significant signs returning to the game.
United coach David Moyes selected a three-man central midfield with an intention to pressurise City, but that proved to be too volatile in front of the ruler.
Rio Ferdinand also seemed to be struggling with the pace of the game and played Silvia onside in the 18th minute, leading to Dzeko, but a superb save from David De Gea saved one sure chance.
City's Marouane Fellaini was fortunate as he escaped a red card for bad elbowing on Paolo Zabaleta in the first half.
United tried every way to get back to the game as they got some real good opportunity but nothing significant was achieved. They missed two sure chances when in 39 minutes Wayne Rooney got possession to crack a goal, but that again went off high above the target.
A sad evening for United as they looked completely bogged down in front of the majestic performance set by City.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million