Premier League Update: Easy Win for Manchester City
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 26, 2014 2:44 PM EST
Manchester City pushed further up in the premier league having secured an easy win against Manchester United at Old Trafford, on Tuesday by 3-0.
The first shock to United came just right after the start of the match, when in 1 minute a shot from Samir Nasri rebounded which was duly managed by Edin Dzeko with a goal.
The second goal came at 56th minute when Edin Dzeko again capitalised his second opportunity with a brilliant volley into the top corner of the goal.
The final goal came at 90 minutes when Yaya Touré received a ball on the edge of the box and took an assured touch past Evra before lashing a strike into the bottom left corner.
It was a staggering start for United, and they were unable to control the super-fine attack of City right from the first minute. United looked completely flummoxed with the pressure and showed no such significant signs returning to the game.
United coach David Moyes selected a three-man central midfield with an intention to pressurise City, but that proved to be too volatile in front of the ruler.
Rio Ferdinand also seemed to be struggling with the pace of the game and played Silvia onside in the 18th minute, leading to Dzeko, but a superb save from David De Gea saved one sure chance.
City's Marouane Fellaini was fortunate as he escaped a red card for bad elbowing on Paolo Zabaleta in the first half.
United tried every way to get back to the game as they got some real good opportunity but nothing significant was achieved. They missed two sure chances when in 39 minutes Wayne Rooney got possession to crack a goal, but that again went off high above the target.
A sad evening for United as they looked completely bogged down in front of the majestic performance set by City.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales