Premier League Update: Easy Win for Manchester City
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 26, 2014 2:44 PM EST
Manchester City pushed further up in the premier league having secured an easy win against Manchester United at Old Trafford, on Tuesday by 3-0.
The first shock to United came just right after the start of the match, when in 1 minute a shot from Samir Nasri rebounded which was duly managed by Edin Dzeko with a goal.
The second goal came at 56th minute when Edin Dzeko again capitalised his second opportunity with a brilliant volley into the top corner of the goal.
The final goal came at 90 minutes when Yaya Touré received a ball on the edge of the box and took an assured touch past Evra before lashing a strike into the bottom left corner.
It was a staggering start for United, and they were unable to control the super-fine attack of City right from the first minute. United looked completely flummoxed with the pressure and showed no such significant signs returning to the game.
United coach David Moyes selected a three-man central midfield with an intention to pressurise City, but that proved to be too volatile in front of the ruler.
Rio Ferdinand also seemed to be struggling with the pace of the game and played Silvia onside in the 18th minute, leading to Dzeko, but a superb save from David De Gea saved one sure chance.
City's Marouane Fellaini was fortunate as he escaped a red card for bad elbowing on Paolo Zabaleta in the first half.
United tried every way to get back to the game as they got some real good opportunity but nothing significant was achieved. They missed two sure chances when in 39 minutes Wayne Rooney got possession to crack a goal, but that again went off high above the target.
A sad evening for United as they looked completely bogged down in front of the majestic performance set by City.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4