Premier League Update: Easy Win for Manchester City
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 26, 2014 2:44 PM EST
Manchester City pushed further up in the premier league having secured an easy win against Manchester United at Old Trafford, on Tuesday by 3-0.
The first shock to United came just right after the start of the match, when in 1 minute a shot from Samir Nasri rebounded which was duly managed by Edin Dzeko with a goal.
The second goal came at 56th minute when Edin Dzeko again capitalised his second opportunity with a brilliant volley into the top corner of the goal.
The final goal came at 90 minutes when Yaya Touré received a ball on the edge of the box and took an assured touch past Evra before lashing a strike into the bottom left corner.
It was a staggering start for United, and they were unable to control the super-fine attack of City right from the first minute. United looked completely flummoxed with the pressure and showed no such significant signs returning to the game.
United coach David Moyes selected a three-man central midfield with an intention to pressurise City, but that proved to be too volatile in front of the ruler.
Rio Ferdinand also seemed to be struggling with the pace of the game and played Silvia onside in the 18th minute, leading to Dzeko, but a superb save from David De Gea saved one sure chance.
City's Marouane Fellaini was fortunate as he escaped a red card for bad elbowing on Paolo Zabaleta in the first half.
United tried every way to get back to the game as they got some real good opportunity but nothing significant was achieved. They missed two sure chances when in 39 minutes Wayne Rooney got possession to crack a goal, but that again went off high above the target.
A sad evening for United as they looked completely bogged down in front of the majestic performance set by City.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories