Apple iPhone 6 Release Date and Features Roundup: iPhone 6 Can Detect Weather and More
By Precious Silva | March 26, 2014 2:23 PM EST
Apple's iPhone 6 has been in the spotlight especially after reports indicated it will feature an all-new sapphire display. Whereas the market remains convinced about the iPhone 6 debuting with an impressive screen, it appears Apple wants to take the phone's designs and features further. According to recent analyst's prediction and patent, Apple's next flagship phone may be able to tell weather and manage power or battery life better. What can people expect?
A woman tries the silver colored version of the new iPhone 5S after Apple Inc's media event in Cupertino, California September 10, 2013.
According to G for Games, the upcoming iPhone 6 may be a user's next best weather forecaster. Unlike previous iPhone models, the upcoming iPhone system will not rely on third party applications to provide weather reports. Rather, the function or capability will be included in the device's system.
According to Sun Chang Xu, news chief analyst at ESM-China, reported about Apple sources suggesting that the company will be focusing on more sensors. The tech giant has been investing on putting more sensors in its devices for added functionality and improved overall performance. Apple plans on including humidity, temperature and pressure sensors on its next device.
While the analyst did not clarify what type of pressure sensors, it is highly unlikely it will be about body pressure. Apple will most likely include that feature in its upcoming iWatch. The latest sensors to be added on the iPhone will bring Apple closer to what Samsung did to the Samsung Galaxy S4.The S4 unit features atmospheric sensors.
Likewise, according to a report from Apple Insider, the tech giant also plans on extending the battery life of its iPhone devices. Apple will be introducing a new power management system that can analyze the habits of users. The system will tweak the device's configurations to address the user's needs better - if possible extending battery life or shutting applications to conserve energy based on the user's preferences.
A more responsive iPhone will give Apple an edge over other competitors as this is a new area to explore, according to analysts. The company has not made any announcements about the iPhone 6. Previous reports and leaks point to an August or September release.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William And Kate Middleton Complete NYC Tour Itinerary [PHOTOS]
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Germany, Not U.S., Is The World’s Favorite Country; UK, Canada, Australia Maintain Top 10 Spots