Backstreet Boys and Spice Girls to Have a Reunion? Truth About the Star-Studded Performance
By charmaine corne clutton | March 26, 2014 1:39 PM EST
Missing the '90s music? The plans that have been brewing between the most iconic boy band Backstreet Boys and girl band Spice Girls have made fans hopeful and excited for the reunion of the two. Shall the two bands make it "Larger than Life" with a phenomenal performance on the road?
The Backstreet Boys have already clinched a deal to tour with the punk rock princess Avril Lavigne in North America and Canada. Where will the Spice Girls fit in then with a jam-packed schedule like that?
"We are actually in early talks about maybe doing a world tour together with the Spice Girls," Backstreet Boys singer Brian Litrell allegedly told The Sun, a British newspaper.
However, looks like the box-office tour of the most iconic '90s band might not happen in the near future. According to Hollywoodlife.com, the two bands have expressed their intent to perform together but there are not really any on-going talks to finalize the tour.
"This is an old, old interview with Brian that has resurfaced for whatever reason," Scary Spice's publicist told HollywoodLife.com.
Furthermore, there are just some members of the group that are not up for the reunion. With different careers aside from singing, the Spice Girls and Backstreet Boys need to secure the participation of each original member before they can hit the road together.
"I realized it was finished for good in 2008, when we reformed for our reunion tour," Victoria Beckham (aka Posh Spice) revealed in an interview to Vogue Paris via the Telegraph. "It should have been the best moment of my life, but I just wanted to be elsewhere. It wasn't a lack of respect for the girls or the audience, but the passion just wasn't there. By contrast, in my new career, the passion grows every year. I still want more." Posh spice further added in the interview.
So without Posh Spice in tow, the Spice Girls will never be complete to have a reunion. Maybe a little more persuading and Victoria Beckham might just give in? After all, the all British-pop girl band performed once more during the London Olympics closing ceremony.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes