Backstreet Boys and Spice Girls to Have a Reunion? Truth About the Star-Studded Performance
By charmaine corne clutton | March 26, 2014 1:39 PM EST
Missing the '90s music? The plans that have been brewing between the most iconic boy band Backstreet Boys and girl band Spice Girls have made fans hopeful and excited for the reunion of the two. Shall the two bands make it "Larger than Life" with a phenomenal performance on the road?
The Backstreet Boys have already clinched a deal to tour with the punk rock princess Avril Lavigne in North America and Canada. Where will the Spice Girls fit in then with a jam-packed schedule like that?
"We are actually in early talks about maybe doing a world tour together with the Spice Girls," Backstreet Boys singer Brian Litrell allegedly told The Sun, a British newspaper.
However, looks like the box-office tour of the most iconic '90s band might not happen in the near future. According to Hollywoodlife.com, the two bands have expressed their intent to perform together but there are not really any on-going talks to finalize the tour.
"This is an old, old interview with Brian that has resurfaced for whatever reason," Scary Spice's publicist told HollywoodLife.com.
Furthermore, there are just some members of the group that are not up for the reunion. With different careers aside from singing, the Spice Girls and Backstreet Boys need to secure the participation of each original member before they can hit the road together.
"I realized it was finished for good in 2008, when we reformed for our reunion tour," Victoria Beckham (aka Posh Spice) revealed in an interview to Vogue Paris via the Telegraph. "It should have been the best moment of my life, but I just wanted to be elsewhere. It wasn't a lack of respect for the girls or the audience, but the passion just wasn't there. By contrast, in my new career, the passion grows every year. I still want more." Posh spice further added in the interview.
So without Posh Spice in tow, the Spice Girls will never be complete to have a reunion. Maybe a little more persuading and Victoria Beckham might just give in? After all, the all British-pop girl band performed once more during the London Olympics closing ceremony.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date