Battlefield 4’s Naval Strike DLC Delayed on Xbox One and PC, Battlelog Updated in Time
By Gel Galang | March 26, 2014 1:27 PM EST
While Premium members of Battlefield 4 have been promised the new content Naval Strike DLC, the PC and Xbox One versions are running a little behind schedule as a last-minute delay has been announced by DICE.
"We didn't want to release the new content until we believed it was quality content," said DICE over at Battlelog. "We are trying to resolve these problems as quickly as possible and hope to release the update in early April for Xbox One and PC."
According to the developer, the delay on the PC had been caused by issues with the pack and planned PC updates for increased performance on mid-range and high-end PCs.
The delay on the Xbox One, which had been announced a little later than the PC version, was deemed necessary to address "issues in the animation system that hinder players from engaging targets in set circumstances using popular weapon configurations."
Still, the early April release will ensure that the version will still have two weeks' worth of early access for the Naval Strike DLC. Hopefully, this will not turn out to be another long wait, in the same way that players needed to wait for the bug fixes in the Battlefield 4 game.
Battlelog update in time for the Naval Strike DLC
Even though the delay will set back the Battlefield 4 DLC to at least a week's worth of delay, DICE has updated the Battlelog feature, in time for the release of the DLC.
Gamingbolt reports that Battlelog will now support Naval Strike as well as the Carrier Assault, though this is still currently under construction, as it has still yet to be fixed to display the Live Scoreboard and Battlescreen scores.
Given that the timeline that DICE has set is two weeks for the update to be completed, it might be fixed in time to meet the new DLC release date for the Xbox One and PC versions.
There are more improvements and fixes for Battlelog detailed over at the forums. Some of these include new backgrounds for Naval Strike, a refresh button for the Multiplayer pages save for Play now, new ranks for the Platoons up to rank 25, Console Rent-a-Server owners now have the ability to upload server banner image on Battlelog, and the ability to view the unlocked Premium or Battlepacks via the Weapons page.
A number of issues have also been fixed with the update, all of which are detailed in the link above.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Release Date, Features Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Play Set
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal