Battlefield 4’s Naval Strike DLC Delayed on Xbox One and PC, Battlelog Updated in Time
By Gel Galang | March 26, 2014 1:27 PM EST
While Premium members of Battlefield 4 have been promised the new content Naval Strike DLC, the PC and Xbox One versions are running a little behind schedule as a last-minute delay has been announced by DICE.
"We didn't want to release the new content until we believed it was quality content," said DICE over at Battlelog. "We are trying to resolve these problems as quickly as possible and hope to release the update in early April for Xbox One and PC."
According to the developer, the delay on the PC had been caused by issues with the pack and planned PC updates for increased performance on mid-range and high-end PCs.
The delay on the Xbox One, which had been announced a little later than the PC version, was deemed necessary to address "issues in the animation system that hinder players from engaging targets in set circumstances using popular weapon configurations."
Still, the early April release will ensure that the version will still have two weeks' worth of early access for the Naval Strike DLC. Hopefully, this will not turn out to be another long wait, in the same way that players needed to wait for the bug fixes in the Battlefield 4 game.
Battlelog update in time for the Naval Strike DLC
Even though the delay will set back the Battlefield 4 DLC to at least a week's worth of delay, DICE has updated the Battlelog feature, in time for the release of the DLC.
Gamingbolt reports that Battlelog will now support Naval Strike as well as the Carrier Assault, though this is still currently under construction, as it has still yet to be fixed to display the Live Scoreboard and Battlescreen scores.
Given that the timeline that DICE has set is two weeks for the update to be completed, it might be fixed in time to meet the new DLC release date for the Xbox One and PC versions.
There are more improvements and fixes for Battlelog detailed over at the forums. Some of these include new backgrounds for Naval Strike, a refresh button for the Multiplayer pages save for Play now, new ranks for the Platoons up to rank 25, Console Rent-a-Server owners now have the ability to upload server banner image on Battlelog, and the ability to view the unlocked Premium or Battlepacks via the Weapons page.
A number of issues have also been fixed with the update, all of which are detailed in the link above.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June