Battlefield 4’s Naval Strike DLC Delayed on Xbox One and PC, Battlelog Updated in Time
By Gel Galang | March 26, 2014 1:27 PM EST
While Premium members of Battlefield 4 have been promised the new content Naval Strike DLC, the PC and Xbox One versions are running a little behind schedule as a last-minute delay has been announced by DICE.
"We didn't want to release the new content until we believed it was quality content," said DICE over at Battlelog. "We are trying to resolve these problems as quickly as possible and hope to release the update in early April for Xbox One and PC."
According to the developer, the delay on the PC had been caused by issues with the pack and planned PC updates for increased performance on mid-range and high-end PCs.
The delay on the Xbox One, which had been announced a little later than the PC version, was deemed necessary to address "issues in the animation system that hinder players from engaging targets in set circumstances using popular weapon configurations."
Still, the early April release will ensure that the version will still have two weeks' worth of early access for the Naval Strike DLC. Hopefully, this will not turn out to be another long wait, in the same way that players needed to wait for the bug fixes in the Battlefield 4 game.
Battlelog update in time for the Naval Strike DLC
Even though the delay will set back the Battlefield 4 DLC to at least a week's worth of delay, DICE has updated the Battlelog feature, in time for the release of the DLC.
Gamingbolt reports that Battlelog will now support Naval Strike as well as the Carrier Assault, though this is still currently under construction, as it has still yet to be fixed to display the Live Scoreboard and Battlescreen scores.
Given that the timeline that DICE has set is two weeks for the update to be completed, it might be fixed in time to meet the new DLC release date for the Xbox One and PC versions.
There are more improvements and fixes for Battlelog detailed over at the forums. Some of these include new backgrounds for Naval Strike, a refresh button for the Multiplayer pages save for Play now, new ranks for the Platoons up to rank 25, Console Rent-a-Server owners now have the ability to upload server banner image on Battlelog, and the ability to view the unlocked Premium or Battlepacks via the Weapons page.
A number of issues have also been fixed with the update, all of which are detailed in the link above.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- 'The Sims 4' Disappointing In-Game Factors And Pixelated Downloadable Pirated Copies
- ‘Minecraft’ Buyout By Microsoft Complete as Mojang's Notch Says His Farewell
- How to Check Pre-Order Status of Your Apple iPhone 6 Models: Check Order Status Here
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- HTC ‘Double Exposure’ Event On October 8 Could Unveil HTC Eye With 5.2-inch FHD Display
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect