Battlefield 4’s Naval Strike DLC Delayed on Xbox One and PC, Battlelog Updated in Time
By Gel Galang | March 26, 2014 1:27 PM EST
While Premium members of Battlefield 4 have been promised the new content Naval Strike DLC, the PC and Xbox One versions are running a little behind schedule as a last-minute delay has been announced by DICE.
"We didn't want to release the new content until we believed it was quality content," said DICE over at Battlelog. "We are trying to resolve these problems as quickly as possible and hope to release the update in early April for Xbox One and PC."
According to the developer, the delay on the PC had been caused by issues with the pack and planned PC updates for increased performance on mid-range and high-end PCs.
The delay on the Xbox One, which had been announced a little later than the PC version, was deemed necessary to address "issues in the animation system that hinder players from engaging targets in set circumstances using popular weapon configurations."
Still, the early April release will ensure that the version will still have two weeks' worth of early access for the Naval Strike DLC. Hopefully, this will not turn out to be another long wait, in the same way that players needed to wait for the bug fixes in the Battlefield 4 game.
Battlelog update in time for the Naval Strike DLC
Even though the delay will set back the Battlefield 4 DLC to at least a week's worth of delay, DICE has updated the Battlelog feature, in time for the release of the DLC.
Gamingbolt reports that Battlelog will now support Naval Strike as well as the Carrier Assault, though this is still currently under construction, as it has still yet to be fixed to display the Live Scoreboard and Battlescreen scores.
Given that the timeline that DICE has set is two weeks for the update to be completed, it might be fixed in time to meet the new DLC release date for the Xbox One and PC versions.
There are more improvements and fixes for Battlelog detailed over at the forums. Some of these include new backgrounds for Naval Strike, a refresh button for the Multiplayer pages save for Play now, new ranks for the Platoons up to rank 25, Console Rent-a-Server owners now have the ability to upload server banner image on Battlelog, and the ability to view the unlocked Premium or Battlepacks via the Weapons page.
A number of issues have also been fixed with the update, all of which are detailed in the link above.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu