Conscious Uncoupling: Gwyneth Paltrow, Chris Martin Breaking Up After 10 Years of Marriage
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 26, 2014 11:52 AM EST
After 10 years of marriage, Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin decided to go through what they call "conscious uncoupling." The shock is definitely there given that the actress' Goop lifestyle Web site, where the now former couple announced they are breaking up, crashed down.
Actress Gwyneth Paltrow
"It is with hearts full of sadness that we have decided to separate. We have been working hard for well over a year, some of it together, some of it separated, to see what might have been possible between us, and we have come to the conclusion that while we love each other very much we will remain separate," the statement posted under the title "Conscious Uncoupling" began.
"We are, however, and always will be a family, and in many ways we are closer than we have ever been. We are parents first and foremost, to two incredibly wonderful children and we ask for their and our space and privacy to be respected at this difficult time," the statement continued.
The statement on Goop was approved by both parties. "Conscious Uncoupling" was signed with 'Love, Gwyneth & Chris.' The now former couple has two kids: 9-year-old Apple and 7-year-old Moses.
TMZ called the couple's separation as the "bougiest ever." But whatever the Web site meant, Paltrow and Martin cleared in their statement that they have always conducted their relationship in private, and are now in the hopes that as they "uncouple and coparent," they will be able to continue it in the "same manner."
In March 2013, according to TMZ, Martin almost bought a house but Paltrow intercepted with claims that the house has mold. At the end of February 2014, though, the couple finally bought an estate in Malibu. The conclusion: It is where the musician will live after the separation.
According to E! Online, Paltrow and Martin got married in a secret ceremony on Dec. 5, 2003 at the Santa Barbara Courthouse without any family members in attendance. The marriage was conducted two days after the Oscar winner actress announced that she is expecting a baby.
Reports say that in 2013, Paltrow shared to Glamour UK about her being through "tough times" in her relationship with Coldplay frontman Chris Martin.
"It's hard being married. You go through great times, you go through terrible times. We're the same as any couple," Gwyneth Paltrow shared.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools