Conscious Uncoupling: Gwyneth Paltrow, Chris Martin Breaking Up After 10 Years of Marriage
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 26, 2014 11:52 AM EST
After 10 years of marriage, Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin decided to go through what they call "conscious uncoupling." The shock is definitely there given that the actress' Goop lifestyle Web site, where the now former couple announced they are breaking up, crashed down.
Actress Gwyneth Paltrow
"It is with hearts full of sadness that we have decided to separate. We have been working hard for well over a year, some of it together, some of it separated, to see what might have been possible between us, and we have come to the conclusion that while we love each other very much we will remain separate," the statement posted under the title "Conscious Uncoupling" began.
"We are, however, and always will be a family, and in many ways we are closer than we have ever been. We are parents first and foremost, to two incredibly wonderful children and we ask for their and our space and privacy to be respected at this difficult time," the statement continued.
The statement on Goop was approved by both parties. "Conscious Uncoupling" was signed with 'Love, Gwyneth & Chris.' The now former couple has two kids: 9-year-old Apple and 7-year-old Moses.
TMZ called the couple's separation as the "bougiest ever." But whatever the Web site meant, Paltrow and Martin cleared in their statement that they have always conducted their relationship in private, and are now in the hopes that as they "uncouple and coparent," they will be able to continue it in the "same manner."
In March 2013, according to TMZ, Martin almost bought a house but Paltrow intercepted with claims that the house has mold. At the end of February 2014, though, the couple finally bought an estate in Malibu. The conclusion: It is where the musician will live after the separation.
According to E! Online, Paltrow and Martin got married in a secret ceremony on Dec. 5, 2003 at the Santa Barbara Courthouse without any family members in attendance. The marriage was conducted two days after the Oscar winner actress announced that she is expecting a baby.
Reports say that in 2013, Paltrow shared to Glamour UK about her being through "tough times" in her relationship with Coldplay frontman Chris Martin.
"It's hard being married. You go through great times, you go through terrible times. We're the same as any couple," Gwyneth Paltrow shared.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Will Feature Nude Scene Confirmed—Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1: ‘The Biggest Action Sequence That We Have Ever Attempted’ [VIDEO]
- 'Terminator' 5 And 'Jurassic World' Trailers To Be Released Soon
- ‘Star Wars’ 7 Plot Leak – New Villain And Stormtroopers New Look [Spoilers]
- 'Doctor Who' Casting News: 'GOT' Actress Rose Leslie Favoured To Play As 'Clara Oswald'
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display