Conscious Uncoupling: Gwyneth Paltrow, Chris Martin Breaking Up After 10 Years of Marriage
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 26, 2014 11:52 AM EST
After 10 years of marriage, Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin decided to go through what they call "conscious uncoupling." The shock is definitely there given that the actress' Goop lifestyle Web site, where the now former couple announced they are breaking up, crashed down.
Actress Gwyneth Paltrow
"It is with hearts full of sadness that we have decided to separate. We have been working hard for well over a year, some of it together, some of it separated, to see what might have been possible between us, and we have come to the conclusion that while we love each other very much we will remain separate," the statement posted under the title "Conscious Uncoupling" began.
"We are, however, and always will be a family, and in many ways we are closer than we have ever been. We are parents first and foremost, to two incredibly wonderful children and we ask for their and our space and privacy to be respected at this difficult time," the statement continued.
The statement on Goop was approved by both parties. "Conscious Uncoupling" was signed with 'Love, Gwyneth & Chris.' The now former couple has two kids: 9-year-old Apple and 7-year-old Moses.
TMZ called the couple's separation as the "bougiest ever." But whatever the Web site meant, Paltrow and Martin cleared in their statement that they have always conducted their relationship in private, and are now in the hopes that as they "uncouple and coparent," they will be able to continue it in the "same manner."
In March 2013, according to TMZ, Martin almost bought a house but Paltrow intercepted with claims that the house has mold. At the end of February 2014, though, the couple finally bought an estate in Malibu. The conclusion: It is where the musician will live after the separation.
According to E! Online, Paltrow and Martin got married in a secret ceremony on Dec. 5, 2003 at the Santa Barbara Courthouse without any family members in attendance. The marriage was conducted two days after the Oscar winner actress announced that she is expecting a baby.
Reports say that in 2013, Paltrow shared to Glamour UK about her being through "tough times" in her relationship with Coldplay frontman Chris Martin.
"It's hard being married. You go through great times, you go through terrible times. We're the same as any couple," Gwyneth Paltrow shared.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build