Conscious Uncoupling: Gwyneth Paltrow, Chris Martin Breaking Up After 10 Years of Marriage
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 26, 2014 11:52 AM EST
After 10 years of marriage, Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin decided to go through what they call "conscious uncoupling." The shock is definitely there given that the actress' Goop lifestyle Web site, where the now former couple announced they are breaking up, crashed down.
Actress Gwyneth Paltrow
"It is with hearts full of sadness that we have decided to separate. We have been working hard for well over a year, some of it together, some of it separated, to see what might have been possible between us, and we have come to the conclusion that while we love each other very much we will remain separate," the statement posted under the title "Conscious Uncoupling" began.
"We are, however, and always will be a family, and in many ways we are closer than we have ever been. We are parents first and foremost, to two incredibly wonderful children and we ask for their and our space and privacy to be respected at this difficult time," the statement continued.
The statement on Goop was approved by both parties. "Conscious Uncoupling" was signed with 'Love, Gwyneth & Chris.' The now former couple has two kids: 9-year-old Apple and 7-year-old Moses.
TMZ called the couple's separation as the "bougiest ever." But whatever the Web site meant, Paltrow and Martin cleared in their statement that they have always conducted their relationship in private, and are now in the hopes that as they "uncouple and coparent," they will be able to continue it in the "same manner."
In March 2013, according to TMZ, Martin almost bought a house but Paltrow intercepted with claims that the house has mold. At the end of February 2014, though, the couple finally bought an estate in Malibu. The conclusion: It is where the musician will live after the separation.
According to E! Online, Paltrow and Martin got married in a secret ceremony on Dec. 5, 2003 at the Santa Barbara Courthouse without any family members in attendance. The marriage was conducted two days after the Oscar winner actress announced that she is expecting a baby.
Reports say that in 2013, Paltrow shared to Glamour UK about her being through "tough times" in her relationship with Coldplay frontman Chris Martin.
"It's hard being married. You go through great times, you go through terrible times. We're the same as any couple," Gwyneth Paltrow shared.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family