Conscious Uncoupling: Gwyneth Paltrow, Chris Martin Breaking Up After 10 Years of Marriage
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 26, 2014 11:52 AM EST
After 10 years of marriage, Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin decided to go through what they call "conscious uncoupling." The shock is definitely there given that the actress' Goop lifestyle Web site, where the now former couple announced they are breaking up, crashed down.
Actress Gwyneth Paltrow
"It is with hearts full of sadness that we have decided to separate. We have been working hard for well over a year, some of it together, some of it separated, to see what might have been possible between us, and we have come to the conclusion that while we love each other very much we will remain separate," the statement posted under the title "Conscious Uncoupling" began.
"We are, however, and always will be a family, and in many ways we are closer than we have ever been. We are parents first and foremost, to two incredibly wonderful children and we ask for their and our space and privacy to be respected at this difficult time," the statement continued.
The statement on Goop was approved by both parties. "Conscious Uncoupling" was signed with 'Love, Gwyneth & Chris.' The now former couple has two kids: 9-year-old Apple and 7-year-old Moses.
TMZ called the couple's separation as the "bougiest ever." But whatever the Web site meant, Paltrow and Martin cleared in their statement that they have always conducted their relationship in private, and are now in the hopes that as they "uncouple and coparent," they will be able to continue it in the "same manner."
In March 2013, according to TMZ, Martin almost bought a house but Paltrow intercepted with claims that the house has mold. At the end of February 2014, though, the couple finally bought an estate in Malibu. The conclusion: It is where the musician will live after the separation.
According to E! Online, Paltrow and Martin got married in a secret ceremony on Dec. 5, 2003 at the Santa Barbara Courthouse without any family members in attendance. The marriage was conducted two days after the Oscar winner actress announced that she is expecting a baby.
Reports say that in 2013, Paltrow shared to Glamour UK about her being through "tough times" in her relationship with Coldplay frontman Chris Martin.
"It's hard being married. You go through great times, you go through terrible times. We're the same as any couple," Gwyneth Paltrow shared.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS