Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic Spotted at a Miami Heat Game, but Federer Has a Better Seat Between the Two
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 26, 2014 11:23 AM EST
Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic, who are both participants in the 2014 Miami Masters, took a break from tennis and watched a game of basketball on Friday. The two great athletes were both in attendance during the game between Miami Heat and Memphis Grizzlies, when the Heat won with the final score of 91 to 86.
Roger Federer of Switzerland reacts during a news conference after his men's singles semi-final match against Rafael Nadal of Spain at the Australian Open 2014 tennis tournament in Melbourne January 24, 2014. REUTERS/David Gray
Shakira’s Partner FC Barcelona Star Gerard Piqué Shows Support for the Colombian Singer-Songwriter's Album Launch
Georges St. Pierre Says Johny Hendricks Can Keep the Title, But Reveals He’s Open for a Rematch If Things Change in the UFC
Federer and Djokovic came to watch the game separately, but the Swiss athlete who currently ranks fifth in the world had a better seat. According to Tennis World USA, Federer was invited by the Heat team. Having been invited personally to watch the game, Federer was given the privilege of sitting courtside, and he was delighted enough to share the experience by posting a photo on Twitter.
Very cool to sit court side during a Miami Heat game, great athletes, great sport, thanks for the entertainment! pic.twitter.com/dEO2ammPWZ
After the game, Federer was invited to the locker room where he got to spend some time with the Heat players. Dwyane Wade even posted a picture of him with Federer on Instagram with the caption that reads, "Hanging with the great @roger Federer after the game 2nite in our locker room, we have something in common, we're both 32 and they love to call us old, #Champions @Enuffsaid #StillGettingitdone."
Djokovic, on the other hand, came with some of his friends. He was in the stands.
2014 Miami Masters
Both Federer and Djokovic have cruised their ways easily into the fourth round of the 2014 Miami Masters. Federer secured his spot in the quarterfinals after beating Dutch Thiemo de Bakker. He is set to clash with French athlete Richard Gasquet next.
"I'm feeling really good with my game," Federer told NDTV Sports. "My confidence is high and I'm moving well, I'm excited about how I've been playing," he added. Federer and Gasquet had met in November 2013, and according to the Swiss athlete, he will have to study his homework and find out how Gasquet has been playing now.
Djokovic will play against Tommy Robredo in the fourth round of the said tournament. The Serbian athlete leads their head-to-head 5-1.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Rafael Nadal Crowned as Most Popular Personality in Spain
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales