Kiwi Man Sues Prostitute $70,000 for Incomplete Sex Session
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 26, 2014 10:46 AM EST
A man from New Zealand suffered a double whammy when he filed a $70,000 lawsuit against a prostitute for failing to complete a sex session with him. He claimed the sex trade worker breached the country's Consumer Guarantee Acts when she did not deliver a service she was paid for.
Court documents identified the two as Mr N and Ms N. Under their two-month arrangement, Ms N was supposed to have sex with him on a regular basis, but during their last meeting in February 2012, they had a quarrel at a brothel, resulting in the sexual encounter not taking place.
Ms N offered to return the money he gave her and a cell phone so they could communicate about their weekly encounters, but Mr N rejected the offer and insisted on having sex instead.
In filing the lawsuit, Mr N charged that the prostitute "gained unjust enrichment" and breached New Zealand's consumer laws.
But Justice Peter Woodhouse dismissed the case on the ground that it was a waste of the court's time. The judge said, quoted by Time, "Not only am I satisfied the proceedings are frivolous but I also believe they are vexatious."
To make matters worse for Mr N, aside from losing the case, the court granted Ms N's petition for a five-year restraining order against Mr N.
In a separate case in the earlier part of March, a judge awarded another New Zealand sex trade worker $21,000 in a sexual harassment lawsuit she filed against the owner of Kensington Inn, the brothel where she is employed.
The 21-year-old prostitute said that she felt debased and unsafe because her boss tried to break and control her, leading to loss of sleep and appetite as well as excessive alcohol intake.
New Zealand's Human Rights Review Tribunal sided with the prostitute because it found the brothel owners to be overbearing and exploitative in his role as protector of sex trade workers at his inn.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date