Kiwi Man Sues Prostitute $70,000 for Incomplete Sex Session
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 26, 2014 10:46 AM EST
A man from New Zealand suffered a double whammy when he filed a $70,000 lawsuit against a prostitute for failing to complete a sex session with him. He claimed the sex trade worker breached the country's Consumer Guarantee Acts when she did not deliver a service she was paid for.
Court documents identified the two as Mr N and Ms N. Under their two-month arrangement, Ms N was supposed to have sex with him on a regular basis, but during their last meeting in February 2012, they had a quarrel at a brothel, resulting in the sexual encounter not taking place.
Ms N offered to return the money he gave her and a cell phone so they could communicate about their weekly encounters, but Mr N rejected the offer and insisted on having sex instead.
In filing the lawsuit, Mr N charged that the prostitute "gained unjust enrichment" and breached New Zealand's consumer laws.
But Justice Peter Woodhouse dismissed the case on the ground that it was a waste of the court's time. The judge said, quoted by Time, "Not only am I satisfied the proceedings are frivolous but I also believe they are vexatious."
To make matters worse for Mr N, aside from losing the case, the court granted Ms N's petition for a five-year restraining order against Mr N.
In a separate case in the earlier part of March, a judge awarded another New Zealand sex trade worker $21,000 in a sexual harassment lawsuit she filed against the owner of Kensington Inn, the brothel where she is employed.
The 21-year-old prostitute said that she felt debased and unsafe because her boss tried to break and control her, leading to loss of sleep and appetite as well as excessive alcohol intake.
New Zealand's Human Rights Review Tribunal sided with the prostitute because it found the brothel owners to be overbearing and exploitative in his role as protector of sex trade workers at his inn.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Move Over, Jeremy Meeks; Brazil Has A Handsome Crook With 39 Murders On Record
- Producers Allowed to Sue ‘Femme Fatales’ Actress Anne Greene For Refusing Nude Scenes
- Islamic State: From Beheading Men, IS Moves To Stoning Adulteress To Death
- Islamic State: Aussie Terrorism Suspect Was In Same Video When Runaway Teenager Threatened PM Abbott
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report