Arsenal FC News: Wenger Agrees In Principle to Short-Term Extension, Possible Replacements Identified
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 26, 2014 5:55 AM EST
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has agreed in principle over a possible extension as Gunners manager, with his contract set to expire at the end of June.
Arsene Wenger has reportedly agreed in principle with Arsenal in extending his stint as Gunners manager
Reports indicate that a short-term deal of two years would be more beneficial to the club as the parties deem it, but an overall assessment at the end of the season of the French tactician's performance may dictate the direction as to whether an agreement could be finalized or not.
In the meantime, the north London outfit are keeping their thoughts focused on achieving the best possible result, if not win the title, in the Premier League.
They have recently suffered a 6-0 defeat against Chelsea and will look to bounce back on Tuesday against Swansea.
Borussia Dortmund manager Jürgen Klopp and Everton's Roberto Martinez are tipped as favourites to succeed to the throne, should Wenger decide to leave the Emirates, while Arsenal assistant coach Steve Bould could be a surprise option.
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance