Arsenal FC News: Wenger Agrees In Principle to Short-Term Extension, Possible Replacements Identified
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 26, 2014 5:55 AM EST
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has agreed in principle over a possible extension as Gunners manager, with his contract set to expire at the end of June.
Arsene Wenger has reportedly agreed in principle with Arsenal in extending his stint as Gunners manager
Reports indicate that a short-term deal of two years would be more beneficial to the club as the parties deem it, but an overall assessment at the end of the season of the French tactician's performance may dictate the direction as to whether an agreement could be finalized or not.
In the meantime, the north London outfit are keeping their thoughts focused on achieving the best possible result, if not win the title, in the Premier League.
They have recently suffered a 6-0 defeat against Chelsea and will look to bounce back on Tuesday against Swansea.
Borussia Dortmund manager Jürgen Klopp and Everton's Roberto Martinez are tipped as favourites to succeed to the throne, should Wenger decide to leave the Emirates, while Arsenal assistant coach Steve Bould could be a surprise option.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports