Arsenal FC News: Wenger Agrees In Principle to Short-Term Extension, Possible Replacements Identified
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 26, 2014 5:55 AM EST
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has agreed in principle over a possible extension as Gunners manager, with his contract set to expire at the end of June.
Arsene Wenger has reportedly agreed in principle with Arsenal in extending his stint as Gunners manager
Reports indicate that a short-term deal of two years would be more beneficial to the club as the parties deem it, but an overall assessment at the end of the season of the French tactician's performance may dictate the direction as to whether an agreement could be finalized or not.
In the meantime, the north London outfit are keeping their thoughts focused on achieving the best possible result, if not win the title, in the Premier League.
They have recently suffered a 6-0 defeat against Chelsea and will look to bounce back on Tuesday against Swansea.
Borussia Dortmund manager Jürgen Klopp and Everton's Roberto Martinez are tipped as favourites to succeed to the throne, should Wenger decide to leave the Emirates, while Arsenal assistant coach Steve Bould could be a surprise option.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report