Arsenal FC News: Wenger Agrees In Principle to Short-Term Extension, Possible Replacements Identified
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 26, 2014 5:55 AM EST
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has agreed in principle over a possible extension as Gunners manager, with his contract set to expire at the end of June.
Arsene Wenger has reportedly agreed in principle with Arsenal in extending his stint as Gunners manager
Reports indicate that a short-term deal of two years would be more beneficial to the club as the parties deem it, but an overall assessment at the end of the season of the French tactician's performance may dictate the direction as to whether an agreement could be finalized or not.
In the meantime, the north London outfit are keeping their thoughts focused on achieving the best possible result, if not win the title, in the Premier League.
They have recently suffered a 6-0 defeat against Chelsea and will look to bounce back on Tuesday against Swansea.
Borussia Dortmund manager Jürgen Klopp and Everton's Roberto Martinez are tipped as favourites to succeed to the throne, should Wenger decide to leave the Emirates, while Arsenal assistant coach Steve Bould could be a surprise option.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal