Must Watch TV: ABC’s ‘Bachelor’ Spin-off Debuts This Summer; Everything to Know About ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ Plus Airdate and Spoilers
By jaskiran kaur | March 26, 2014 5:19 AM EST
Fans of ABC's reality dating show were left disappointed when it was announced that "Bachelor Pad" will not be returning to the channel this summer. But ABC has a decided to treat its fans with a new version of the show. ABC is bringing back "Bachelor Pad" with a spin-off show called "Bachelor in Paradise."
"Bachelor in Paradise" is going to revolve around the same concept as that of "Bachelor Pad." The show will be filmed at "isolated romantic paradise," according to the Entertainment Weekly report. "Bachelor in Paradise" is speculated to be filmed at an "exotic" location.
Reality TV World reveals that the "The Bachelor" spin-off will see the return of "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" contestants, including "favorites and villains." The show will give these contestants a second opportunity to find love, soul mate or partner.
"Bachelor in Paradise" contestants will try to survive with each other in "isolated romantic paradise." The show's format will also include a Rose Ceremony. However, it is not yet revealed if there will be weekly eliminations like other shows of "The Bachelor" franchise.
The reality dating show will reportedly include "new twists, shocking surprises, unexpected guests, some of the most unlikely relationships in "Bachelor" history, plus all the usual romance, drama and tears."
The six-episode series is expected to premiere around summer of 2014 after "The Bachelorette" Season 10 is wrapped up. Hosting the show will be the long-time "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" host, Chris Harrison.
Previous versions of "Bachelor Pad" featured contestants' battles for money and dates and were eliminated week after week. Unlike those previous versions, fans can expect a change in the format though nothing has been confirmed yet. Fans must wait for the network to release the exact airdate and names of the cast members. ABC describes it as "the romantic television event of the summer." Some media outlets are already speculating it to be a "hotter" version of "Bachelor Pad"
Meanwhile, fans can enjoy "The Bachelorette" Season 10 (2014) starring Andi Dorfman which premieres on May 19, 2014 on ABC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World