Must Watch TV: ABC’s ‘Bachelor’ Spin-off Debuts This Summer; Everything to Know About ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ Plus Airdate and Spoilers
By jaskiran kaur | March 26, 2014 5:19 AM EST
Fans of ABC's reality dating show were left disappointed when it was announced that "Bachelor Pad" will not be returning to the channel this summer. But ABC has a decided to treat its fans with a new version of the show. ABC is bringing back "Bachelor Pad" with a spin-off show called "Bachelor in Paradise."
"Bachelor in Paradise" is going to revolve around the same concept as that of "Bachelor Pad." The show will be filmed at "isolated romantic paradise," according to the Entertainment Weekly report. "Bachelor in Paradise" is speculated to be filmed at an "exotic" location.
Reality TV World reveals that the "The Bachelor" spin-off will see the return of "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" contestants, including "favorites and villains." The show will give these contestants a second opportunity to find love, soul mate or partner.
"Bachelor in Paradise" contestants will try to survive with each other in "isolated romantic paradise." The show's format will also include a Rose Ceremony. However, it is not yet revealed if there will be weekly eliminations like other shows of "The Bachelor" franchise.
The reality dating show will reportedly include "new twists, shocking surprises, unexpected guests, some of the most unlikely relationships in "Bachelor" history, plus all the usual romance, drama and tears."
The six-episode series is expected to premiere around summer of 2014 after "The Bachelorette" Season 10 is wrapped up. Hosting the show will be the long-time "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" host, Chris Harrison.
Previous versions of "Bachelor Pad" featured contestants' battles for money and dates and were eliminated week after week. Unlike those previous versions, fans can expect a change in the format though nothing has been confirmed yet. Fans must wait for the network to release the exact airdate and names of the cast members. ABC describes it as "the romantic television event of the summer." Some media outlets are already speculating it to be a "hotter" version of "Bachelor Pad"
Meanwhile, fans can enjoy "The Bachelorette" Season 10 (2014) starring Andi Dorfman which premieres on May 19, 2014 on ABC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Reveals Sith Plus John Boyega And Daisy Ridley’s Characters And Much More—Reports
- Cameron Diaz, Benji Madden Engaged – Reports
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Winner: Eliminated Contestants Predict Who Could Win It All
- Prince Harry Enjoys Three-Day Visit To Oman, Picks Up Present For Prince George And Performs With Traditional Sword Dancers
- Channing Tatum-Jenna Dewan Tatum Split: Channing Disregards Amber Heard Link-Up Reports, Says Wife 'Puts Everything in Perspective'
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports