Must Watch TV: ABC’s ‘Bachelor’ Spin-off Debuts This Summer; Everything to Know About ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ Plus Airdate and Spoilers
By jaskiran kaur | March 26, 2014 5:19 AM EST
Fans of ABC's reality dating show were left disappointed when it was announced that "Bachelor Pad" will not be returning to the channel this summer. But ABC has a decided to treat its fans with a new version of the show. ABC is bringing back "Bachelor Pad" with a spin-off show called "Bachelor in Paradise."
"Bachelor in Paradise" is going to revolve around the same concept as that of "Bachelor Pad." The show will be filmed at "isolated romantic paradise," according to the Entertainment Weekly report. "Bachelor in Paradise" is speculated to be filmed at an "exotic" location.
Reality TV World reveals that the "The Bachelor" spin-off will see the return of "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" contestants, including "favorites and villains." The show will give these contestants a second opportunity to find love, soul mate or partner.
"Bachelor in Paradise" contestants will try to survive with each other in "isolated romantic paradise." The show's format will also include a Rose Ceremony. However, it is not yet revealed if there will be weekly eliminations like other shows of "The Bachelor" franchise.
The reality dating show will reportedly include "new twists, shocking surprises, unexpected guests, some of the most unlikely relationships in "Bachelor" history, plus all the usual romance, drama and tears."
The six-episode series is expected to premiere around summer of 2014 after "The Bachelorette" Season 10 is wrapped up. Hosting the show will be the long-time "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" host, Chris Harrison.
Previous versions of "Bachelor Pad" featured contestants' battles for money and dates and were eliminated week after week. Unlike those previous versions, fans can expect a change in the format though nothing has been confirmed yet. Fans must wait for the network to release the exact airdate and names of the cast members. ABC describes it as "the romantic television event of the summer." Some media outlets are already speculating it to be a "hotter" version of "Bachelor Pad"
Meanwhile, fans can enjoy "The Bachelorette" Season 10 (2014) starring Andi Dorfman which premieres on May 19, 2014 on ABC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS