Must Watch TV: ABC’s ‘Bachelor’ Spin-off Debuts This Summer; Everything to Know About ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ Plus Airdate and Spoilers
By jaskiran kaur | March 26, 2014 5:19 AM EST
Fans of ABC's reality dating show were left disappointed when it was announced that "Bachelor Pad" will not be returning to the channel this summer. But ABC has a decided to treat its fans with a new version of the show. ABC is bringing back "Bachelor Pad" with a spin-off show called "Bachelor in Paradise."
"Bachelor in Paradise" is going to revolve around the same concept as that of "Bachelor Pad." The show will be filmed at "isolated romantic paradise," according to the Entertainment Weekly report. "Bachelor in Paradise" is speculated to be filmed at an "exotic" location.
Reality TV World reveals that the "The Bachelor" spin-off will see the return of "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" contestants, including "favorites and villains." The show will give these contestants a second opportunity to find love, soul mate or partner.
"Bachelor in Paradise" contestants will try to survive with each other in "isolated romantic paradise." The show's format will also include a Rose Ceremony. However, it is not yet revealed if there will be weekly eliminations like other shows of "The Bachelor" franchise.
The reality dating show will reportedly include "new twists, shocking surprises, unexpected guests, some of the most unlikely relationships in "Bachelor" history, plus all the usual romance, drama and tears."
The six-episode series is expected to premiere around summer of 2014 after "The Bachelorette" Season 10 is wrapped up. Hosting the show will be the long-time "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" host, Chris Harrison.
Previous versions of "Bachelor Pad" featured contestants' battles for money and dates and were eliminated week after week. Unlike those previous versions, fans can expect a change in the format though nothing has been confirmed yet. Fans must wait for the network to release the exact airdate and names of the cast members. ABC describes it as "the romantic television event of the summer." Some media outlets are already speculating it to be a "hotter" version of "Bachelor Pad"
Meanwhile, fans can enjoy "The Bachelorette" Season 10 (2014) starring Andi Dorfman which premieres on May 19, 2014 on ABC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales