Must Watch TV: ABC’s ‘Bachelor’ Spin-off Debuts This Summer; Everything to Know About ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ Plus Airdate and Spoilers
By jaskiran kaur | March 26, 2014 5:19 AM EST
Fans of ABC's reality dating show were left disappointed when it was announced that "Bachelor Pad" will not be returning to the channel this summer. But ABC has a decided to treat its fans with a new version of the show. ABC is bringing back "Bachelor Pad" with a spin-off show called "Bachelor in Paradise."
"Bachelor in Paradise" is going to revolve around the same concept as that of "Bachelor Pad." The show will be filmed at "isolated romantic paradise," according to the Entertainment Weekly report. "Bachelor in Paradise" is speculated to be filmed at an "exotic" location.
Reality TV World reveals that the "The Bachelor" spin-off will see the return of "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" contestants, including "favorites and villains." The show will give these contestants a second opportunity to find love, soul mate or partner.
"Bachelor in Paradise" contestants will try to survive with each other in "isolated romantic paradise." The show's format will also include a Rose Ceremony. However, it is not yet revealed if there will be weekly eliminations like other shows of "The Bachelor" franchise.
The reality dating show will reportedly include "new twists, shocking surprises, unexpected guests, some of the most unlikely relationships in "Bachelor" history, plus all the usual romance, drama and tears."
The six-episode series is expected to premiere around summer of 2014 after "The Bachelorette" Season 10 is wrapped up. Hosting the show will be the long-time "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" host, Chris Harrison.
Previous versions of "Bachelor Pad" featured contestants' battles for money and dates and were eliminated week after week. Unlike those previous versions, fans can expect a change in the format though nothing has been confirmed yet. Fans must wait for the network to release the exact airdate and names of the cast members. ABC describes it as "the romantic television event of the summer." Some media outlets are already speculating it to be a "hotter" version of "Bachelor Pad"
Meanwhile, fans can enjoy "The Bachelorette" Season 10 (2014) starring Andi Dorfman which premieres on May 19, 2014 on ABC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates