‘The Walking Dead’ Season 4: Josh McDermitt on Eugene Porter’s Education Plus More
By Tarun Mazumdar | March 26, 2014 5:18 AM EST
"The Walking Dead" season 4 introduced three new characters in the second half - Abraham Ford (Michael Cudlitz), Eugene Porter (Josh McDermitt) and Rosita Espinosa (Christian Serratos). Dr. Eugene Porter claims to know the true cause of the zombie outbreak and Abraham believes him. Wetpaint reveals that in the comics, Eugene lies about knowing the cure, and it could be possible that the TV version of Eugene will do the same.
Josh McDermitt talked to AccessHollywood.com about his character Eugene.
The website asked Josh about Eugene's doctorate.
"I don't, specifically. They're actually pretty secretive with the information that they give you, just because, I think, partly, they want to release it at a certain time, but in kind of the research and backstory that I did, I think he's a bio-chemical scientist," said Josh.
"He claims to know what caused the apocalypse and how to stop it. I mean... to me, right there, [that] says he knows a lot of stuff about bio chemical engineering and that sort of thing," added the actor.
Josh laughed out loud when asked if Dr. Eugene earned the degree online.
He was asked this question because in one of "The Walking Dead" episodes when walkers approached, instead of calling the guys, Eugene picked up the gun and fired like crazy. Eugene clearly doesn't know how to shoot.
"But if you also think about it, how many scientists do you know [who] can handle a machine gun properly? They're used to dealing with beakers and Erlenmeyer flasks and that sort of thing. I mean, they don't really know how to work an AR-15," countered Josh.
Eugene is pretty intelligent because in "The Walking Dead" season 4, episode 15, he told Glenn how he tracked them in the tunnel.
Fans will have to wait for "The Walking Dead" season 5 in order to know if Eugene is really lying about knowing the cure.
Watch "The Walking Dead" season 4 finale on Sunday, March 30 on AMC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6