Manchester Derby Live Stream: Manchester United v Manchester City Preview
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 26, 2014 3:13 AM EST
The second installment of this season's Manchester Derby is on, as Manchester City visit the Old Trafford to face bitter rivals Manchester United.
Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney would definitely want to perform as he did against West Ham in the upcoming Manchester Derby
David Moyes' squad will be hoping that the two recent victories in the Premier League and the Champions League are signs that they are bound to finish this year's campaign strong.
Down 2-0 on aggregate in their return leg against Olympiakos, the Red Devils put forth heroic efforts on Wednesday to come out with a clean sheet, while ace striker Robin van Persie scored a hat-trick to lead his side through to the quarter-finals and keep their European dreams alive.
Three days after, Wayne Rooney was able to contribute with a brace in their 2-0 League win against West Ham.
The Scot manager believes that the two morale-boosting wins will help his team's psyche ahead of their match with City.
"We'll go into our next game confident and ready to get a result," Moyes told premierleague.com.
While Manuel Pellegrini's have already bowed out of European contention, they are still well within the race to clinch the Premiership trophy, just 6 points behind leaders Chelsea with 3 games in hand.
The Spanish mentor will be without his superstar forward Sergio Aguero due to knee injury, but will rely on Edin Dzeko and Stevan Jovetic to take up the goalscoring cudgels for the Blues.
"I think that this team doesn't depend just on one striker," said Pellegrini.
"Maybe in the last week we had some problems with Aguero and Jovetic. Now Jovetic is coming back and I hope Aguero will be next week with the team. If they don't score there are other players that will do it."
Manchester United: De Gea; Evra, Rafael, Jones, Ferdinand; Carrick, Fellaini; Januzaj, Valencia, Mata; Rooney
Out/Injured: Evans, van Persie, Vidic
Manchester City: Hart; Clichy, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Kompany; Toure, Fernandinho; Nasri, Navas, Silva; Dzeko
Out/Injured: Nastasic, Aguero, Richards
Schedule and Live Stream Information:
Kick-off: 6:45 am, March 26, 2014 (Australian Eastern Daylight Time/Sydney)
U.S. - [here]
Canada - [here]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports