Manchester Derby Live Stream: Manchester United v Manchester City Preview
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 26, 2014 3:13 AM EST
The second installment of this season's Manchester Derby is on, as Manchester City visit the Old Trafford to face bitter rivals Manchester United.
Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney would definitely want to perform as he did against West Ham in the upcoming Manchester Derby
David Moyes' squad will be hoping that the two recent victories in the Premier League and the Champions League are signs that they are bound to finish this year's campaign strong.
Down 2-0 on aggregate in their return leg against Olympiakos, the Red Devils put forth heroic efforts on Wednesday to come out with a clean sheet, while ace striker Robin van Persie scored a hat-trick to lead his side through to the quarter-finals and keep their European dreams alive.
Three days after, Wayne Rooney was able to contribute with a brace in their 2-0 League win against West Ham.
The Scot manager believes that the two morale-boosting wins will help his team's psyche ahead of their match with City.
"We'll go into our next game confident and ready to get a result," Moyes told premierleague.com.
While Manuel Pellegrini's have already bowed out of European contention, they are still well within the race to clinch the Premiership trophy, just 6 points behind leaders Chelsea with 3 games in hand.
The Spanish mentor will be without his superstar forward Sergio Aguero due to knee injury, but will rely on Edin Dzeko and Stevan Jovetic to take up the goalscoring cudgels for the Blues.
"I think that this team doesn't depend just on one striker," said Pellegrini.
"Maybe in the last week we had some problems with Aguero and Jovetic. Now Jovetic is coming back and I hope Aguero will be next week with the team. If they don't score there are other players that will do it."
Manchester United: De Gea; Evra, Rafael, Jones, Ferdinand; Carrick, Fellaini; Januzaj, Valencia, Mata; Rooney
Out/Injured: Evans, van Persie, Vidic
Manchester City: Hart; Clichy, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Kompany; Toure, Fernandinho; Nasri, Navas, Silva; Dzeko
Out/Injured: Nastasic, Aguero, Richards
Schedule and Live Stream Information:
Kick-off: 6:45 am, March 26, 2014 (Australian Eastern Daylight Time/Sydney)
U.S. - [here]
Canada - [here]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Calls Out On Floyd Mayweather Jr. Again After Unbeaten Boxer Mocks Him With His KO Video
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- 2014 NFL Thanksgiving Games Results: Detroit Lions, Philadelphia Eagles, Seattle Seahawks Notch All-Important Wins With Major Postseason Implications
- Derrick Rose Is Lying About His Health Says ESPN Analyst Stephen A. Smith
- Andy Murray, Ana Ivanovic, And Other Tennis Stars Arrive In Manila For The IPTL; Murray Meets Manny Pacquiao
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast