Manchester Derby Live Stream: Manchester United v Manchester City Preview
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 26, 2014 3:13 AM EST
The second installment of this season's Manchester Derby is on, as Manchester City visit the Old Trafford to face bitter rivals Manchester United.
Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney would definitely want to perform as he did against West Ham in the upcoming Manchester Derby
David Moyes' squad will be hoping that the two recent victories in the Premier League and the Champions League are signs that they are bound to finish this year's campaign strong.
Down 2-0 on aggregate in their return leg against Olympiakos, the Red Devils put forth heroic efforts on Wednesday to come out with a clean sheet, while ace striker Robin van Persie scored a hat-trick to lead his side through to the quarter-finals and keep their European dreams alive.
Three days after, Wayne Rooney was able to contribute with a brace in their 2-0 League win against West Ham.
The Scot manager believes that the two morale-boosting wins will help his team's psyche ahead of their match with City.
"We'll go into our next game confident and ready to get a result," Moyes told premierleague.com.
While Manuel Pellegrini's have already bowed out of European contention, they are still well within the race to clinch the Premiership trophy, just 6 points behind leaders Chelsea with 3 games in hand.
The Spanish mentor will be without his superstar forward Sergio Aguero due to knee injury, but will rely on Edin Dzeko and Stevan Jovetic to take up the goalscoring cudgels for the Blues.
"I think that this team doesn't depend just on one striker," said Pellegrini.
"Maybe in the last week we had some problems with Aguero and Jovetic. Now Jovetic is coming back and I hope Aguero will be next week with the team. If they don't score there are other players that will do it."
Manchester United: De Gea; Evra, Rafael, Jones, Ferdinand; Carrick, Fellaini; Januzaj, Valencia, Mata; Rooney
Out/Injured: Evans, van Persie, Vidic
Manchester City: Hart; Clichy, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Kompany; Toure, Fernandinho; Nasri, Navas, Silva; Dzeko
Out/Injured: Nastasic, Aguero, Richards
Schedule and Live Stream Information:
Kick-off: 6:45 am, March 26, 2014 (Australian Eastern Daylight Time/Sydney)
U.S. - [here]
Canada - [here]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales