Manchester Derby Live Stream: Manchester United v Manchester City Preview
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 26, 2014 3:13 AM EST
The second installment of this season's Manchester Derby is on, as Manchester City visit the Old Trafford to face bitter rivals Manchester United.
Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney would definitely want to perform as he did against West Ham in the upcoming Manchester Derby
David Moyes' squad will be hoping that the two recent victories in the Premier League and the Champions League are signs that they are bound to finish this year's campaign strong.
Down 2-0 on aggregate in their return leg against Olympiakos, the Red Devils put forth heroic efforts on Wednesday to come out with a clean sheet, while ace striker Robin van Persie scored a hat-trick to lead his side through to the quarter-finals and keep their European dreams alive.
Three days after, Wayne Rooney was able to contribute with a brace in their 2-0 League win against West Ham.
The Scot manager believes that the two morale-boosting wins will help his team's psyche ahead of their match with City.
"We'll go into our next game confident and ready to get a result," Moyes told premierleague.com.
While Manuel Pellegrini's have already bowed out of European contention, they are still well within the race to clinch the Premiership trophy, just 6 points behind leaders Chelsea with 3 games in hand.
The Spanish mentor will be without his superstar forward Sergio Aguero due to knee injury, but will rely on Edin Dzeko and Stevan Jovetic to take up the goalscoring cudgels for the Blues.
"I think that this team doesn't depend just on one striker," said Pellegrini.
"Maybe in the last week we had some problems with Aguero and Jovetic. Now Jovetic is coming back and I hope Aguero will be next week with the team. If they don't score there are other players that will do it."
Manchester United: De Gea; Evra, Rafael, Jones, Ferdinand; Carrick, Fellaini; Januzaj, Valencia, Mata; Rooney
Out/Injured: Evans, van Persie, Vidic
Manchester City: Hart; Clichy, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Kompany; Toure, Fernandinho; Nasri, Navas, Silva; Dzeko
Out/Injured: Nastasic, Aguero, Richards
Schedule and Live Stream Information:
Kick-off: 6:45 am, March 26, 2014 (Australian Eastern Daylight Time/Sydney)
U.S. - [here]
Canada - [here]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- Xiaomi Mi4 v. Moto X (2014) – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown