Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds to Intensify Seriousness in Acquiring Udinese Striker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 26, 2014 1:05 AM EST
Liverpool are going to intensify their seriousness in acquiring the services of Udinese striker Luis Muriel.
The Colombia international finds himself in unfamiliar territory, now only used as a substitute, after starting the 2013/14 campaign in tremendous fashion.
Liverpool intensify their seriousness in acquiring Udinese striker Luis Muriel
He was sidelined due to a hamstring injury during the latter part of November until mid-January this year and has found it hard to redeem his spot as a starter.
The possibility of moving elsewhere in the next transfer window is all the more heightened because of a rumoured controversy between him and Zebrette boss Francesco Guidolin.
In spite of the setbacks, he managed to find the back of the net 8 times in just 15 starts and turned provider thrice in all competitions.
The 22-year-old will provide the needed depth in Brendan Rodgers' squad, who are seemingly on their way to clinching Champions League qualification and on to a busier year.
Muriel's value is believed to be in the region of £12million.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Celebs: Struggle With Drug Addiction
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- Khloe Kardashian Sympathetic About Ex-Husband Lamar Odom in Recent Instagram Posts
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market