Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds to Intensify Seriousness in Acquiring Udinese Striker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 26, 2014 1:05 AM EST
Liverpool are going to intensify their seriousness in acquiring the services of Udinese striker Luis Muriel.
The Colombia international finds himself in unfamiliar territory, now only used as a substitute, after starting the 2013/14 campaign in tremendous fashion.
Liverpool intensify their seriousness in acquiring Udinese striker Luis Muriel
He was sidelined due to a hamstring injury during the latter part of November until mid-January this year and has found it hard to redeem his spot as a starter.
The possibility of moving elsewhere in the next transfer window is all the more heightened because of a rumoured controversy between him and Zebrette boss Francesco Guidolin.
In spite of the setbacks, he managed to find the back of the net 8 times in just 15 starts and turned provider thrice in all competitions.
The 22-year-old will provide the needed depth in Brendan Rodgers' squad, who are seemingly on their way to clinching Champions League qualification and on to a busier year.
Muriel's value is believed to be in the region of £12million.
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- For Mayweather, The Prize Comes First, Not The Fans
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Serena Williams On Caroline Wozniacki’s Friendship:’I Have Had A Love For Caroline From The Day I Met Her’
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season