Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds to Intensify Seriousness in Acquiring Udinese Striker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 26, 2014 1:05 AM EST
Liverpool are going to intensify their seriousness in acquiring the services of Udinese striker Luis Muriel.
The Colombia international finds himself in unfamiliar territory, now only used as a substitute, after starting the 2013/14 campaign in tremendous fashion.
Liverpool intensify their seriousness in acquiring Udinese striker Luis Muriel
He was sidelined due to a hamstring injury during the latter part of November until mid-January this year and has found it hard to redeem his spot as a starter.
The possibility of moving elsewhere in the next transfer window is all the more heightened because of a rumoured controversy between him and Zebrette boss Francesco Guidolin.
In spite of the setbacks, he managed to find the back of the net 8 times in just 15 starts and turned provider thrice in all competitions.
The 22-year-old will provide the needed depth in Brendan Rodgers' squad, who are seemingly on their way to clinching Champions League qualification and on to a busier year.
Muriel's value is believed to be in the region of £12million.
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- Australian Liberals Urge Expat Kiwis To Favour John Key In New Zealand Election