2048 Cheats: Tips and Hints on How to Make High Scores
By Aditya Bhat | March 26, 2014 12:25 AM EST
2048, the free-to-play math puzzle, has reached the popularity of Flappy Bird. This is a simple game, offering players an addictive card puzzle on web browsers and mobile phones.
Players will have a four by four grid, where you add up the numbered tiles together by moving them via arrow keys. But any addition of twos to fours and to eights also brings in new numbered tiles to the box.
2048 was created by Gabriele Cirulli.
The game was created by a 19-year-old Italian programmer Gabriele Cirulli, and it is mentioned it is similar to Threes by Asher Vollmer.
Players will have to plan their moves and strategies to make high scores. Here are some tips to help you make high scores:
- Do not make haste - Players wanting to score high should not play it in a hurried fashion; they must take their time and think of not only their next move but also about moves that are yet to come.
- Lining up - It will be helpful for players to set up lines in matches. Players will have to set up pairs in a line so that they can work on the combos as new tiles come. This will allow you to make more space on your board.
- Pushing it to a corner- Putting tiles in one corner is very helpful to make a high score. While one report asks players to consider moving it to the bottom left as twos and fours can be added faster, another urges players not to use 'up arrow' at all, unless absolutely needed.
- Relax - Players must realise that it is just a game and ease up.
- Set up columns - Players can set up columns that will give them the leeway to combine quickly and to move them back together. This is needed when players end up with 64s or 128s in opposite corners, which is disheartening.
- Be alert - It is not always that players will get two as their new tile.
- Move tiles without match - Players can move some tiles without any match and in any direction which might help in moving larger tiles closer.
- Clear the board - If players, with all the strategies, are in doubt about what to do, clear the board out by regrouping and giving some space.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related