2048 Cheats: Tips and Hints on How to Make High Scores
By Aditya Bhat | March 26, 2014 12:25 AM EST
2048, the free-to-play math puzzle, has reached the popularity of Flappy Bird. This is a simple game, offering players an addictive card puzzle on web browsers and mobile phones.
Players will have a four by four grid, where you add up the numbered tiles together by moving them via arrow keys. But any addition of twos to fours and to eights also brings in new numbered tiles to the box.
2048 was created by Gabriele Cirulli.
The game was created by a 19-year-old Italian programmer Gabriele Cirulli, and it is mentioned it is similar to Threes by Asher Vollmer.
Players will have to plan their moves and strategies to make high scores. Here are some tips to help you make high scores:
- Do not make haste - Players wanting to score high should not play it in a hurried fashion; they must take their time and think of not only their next move but also about moves that are yet to come.
- Lining up - It will be helpful for players to set up lines in matches. Players will have to set up pairs in a line so that they can work on the combos as new tiles come. This will allow you to make more space on your board.
- Pushing it to a corner- Putting tiles in one corner is very helpful to make a high score. While one report asks players to consider moving it to the bottom left as twos and fours can be added faster, another urges players not to use 'up arrow' at all, unless absolutely needed.
- Relax - Players must realise that it is just a game and ease up.
- Set up columns - Players can set up columns that will give them the leeway to combine quickly and to move them back together. This is needed when players end up with 64s or 128s in opposite corners, which is disheartening.
- Be alert - It is not always that players will get two as their new tile.
- Move tiles without match - Players can move some tiles without any match and in any direction which might help in moving larger tiles closer.
- Clear the board - If players, with all the strategies, are in doubt about what to do, clear the board out by regrouping and giving some space.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
Join the Conversation
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Speculations for Mega Evolutions; X and Y Double Battles Detailed
- Destiny News: Burning Questions Answered, New Info for Game Spotted and New Artwork Showcased
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Sony Xperia T3 vs. HTC Desire 816 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- OnePlus One vs. iPhone 5S Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff