Google Nexus 6: Round-Up of Spec, Price, Release And Rumored Features (Chromecast TV Stick And Google Smartwatch Pairing)
By Pavithra Rathinavel | March 26, 2014 12:19 AM EST
Sundar Pichai said Google's Nexus 6 will not be released in the first half of 2014. The possibility of the smartphone's launching any time after June looks good. It makes even more sense to expect the launch in Q4 2014.
Concept photo with Android 6.0 Milkshake surface
The handset is expected to boast several interesting features yet to be seen in the Nexus series. Also, Nexus 6 is seen to be built by LG.
Specifications and Price
- 4GB RAM
- 3100 mAh battery
- 64-bit processing chip
- Snapdragon 805/810 CPU
- Octa-core, 2.4Ghz + processor
- 5.5 inches Quad HD display
- 16 MP rear camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Health, atmosphere and thermo sensor
- Dust and water-proof device
- 64 GB and 128 GB memory versions
- Curved screen (Speculation)
- Priced between $350 and $400
Rumored Software Update
Google is expected to divulge more information on its software and OS betterments at the annual I/O conference set this June.
Google's 4.4 KitKat update was a minor update to the existing OS, but Android 4.5 is expected to be a major update. The 4.5 Android software version is codenamed as "Lollipop" and definitely not "Lion Bar."
Many of the Nexus series, including Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 users are waiting for a bug fix with Android 4.5 update. If rumors were true, expect an Android 4.4.3 KitKat update before Android 4.5.
You can read more about the rumored Android 4.4.3 update, here.
Although it is unclear as to what kind of fixes this alleged update might bring to the fore, a wild guess would point to Nexus 5's camera issue.
Here is a list of additional features rumored to be integrated with Nexus 6, according to PC Advisor.
Rumored Additional Features
1. Google's Media Adapter 'Chromecast Streaming Stick' Integration
Google recently introduced "Chromecast TV streaming stick," which is a media adapter that plugs into your TV to stream videos (YouTube, Netflix, etc.). This technique is called as "Smartphone Mirroring," which translates to the "ability to see the contents of your phone's display on TV or in-car dash screen."
With Nexus 6, Google might provide a seamless integration within the phone instead of having to download the extension cast for Chromecast Stick.
2. Google Gem Smartwatch Pairing
Google might launch a Google Gem Smartwatch this year. Usually, wearable gadgets are introduced along with software/hardware update and since Nexus 6 is set for release this year along with Android 4.5, Google could come up with a built-in wearables pairing mechanism.
Google Now voice command could play a crucial role in Google Gem smartwatch. What do you think of the rumored features and specifications? Is Google missing something?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]