Box Office Collection: ‘Ragini MMS 2’ Spectacular First Monday; ‘Queen’ Unstoppable
By Ankita Mehta | March 25, 2014 10:40 PM EST
The first Monday's box office result of "Ragini MMS 2" is spectacular. The horror thriller starring Sunny Leone in the lead role managed to survive at the box office on Monday with strong figures.
Ragini MMS 2
The film witnessed less than 40 percent drop on Monday compared to opening day's earnings.
It raked in ₹4.60 crore on its fourth day, taking its overall score to ₹29.1 crore, according to trade analyst Taran Adarsh.
The four day business of the film is: Friday ₹8.43 crore, Saturday ₹7.29 crore, Sunday ₹8.78 crore and Monday ₹4.60 crore.
The film will put up a strong figure at the end of the week one in India. However, in international market, the horror thriller has not received good response from audiences.
The opening weekend total of the film from overseas market is less than 1 crore. There is hardly any chance for the film to pick up its pace at the overseas box office.
Meanwhile, Kangana Ranaut's "Queen" is unstoppable at the domestic as well as overseas box offices. Even though the film is running in its third week, it continues to hold a very strong position at the worldwide box offices.
The women oriented film directed by Vikas Bahl fetched in ₹1.15 crore on third Monday from theaters in India.
The film is continuing to do well in Indian market, making ₹48 crore since it opened on 7 March.
"#Queen [Week 3] Fri 1.35 cr, Sat 2.50 cr, Sun 3 cr, Mon 1.15 cr. Grand total: ₹ 48 cr nett. India biz. Superb," Adarsh said.
International circuits including the US, Canada, the UK and UAE-GCC have contributed the maximum in "Queen" box office business.
It raked in ₹4.62 crore ($ 761,032) from the US, ₹81.41 lakh (US $ 134,098) from Canada, ₹2.96 crore (AED approx 1,789,496) from UAE-GCC and ₹1.19 crore (£ 118,602) from UK box offices till third weekend, according to Adarsh.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Selena Gomez Allegedly Back in Rehab, Hugs Nat Wolff the Night Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Made Headlines in Ibiza
- Girls Star Allison Williams to Play Titular Role in NBC's Peter Pan Live
- Kendall Jenner Forbids Sister Kim Kardashian from Attending her Fashion Shows, Considers her Presence a Hindrance - Reports
- Kendall Jenner Ignores Kim Kardashian Big Time, Tries to Befriend Beyonce - Reports
- Apple Mac Remains Strong Despite Challenging PC Market, iPhone Remains a Winner Through Q3 Price Points