Maruti Suzuki Celerio Bookings Cross 32,000; Company to Double its Capacity
By greeshma m | March 25, 2014 9:33 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki's much acclaimed hatchback offering Celerio has reportedly garnered more than 32,000 booking in the domestic market since its launch in February. Seeing the increasing demand for Celerio in India, Maruti, the country's largest car maker is planning to ramp up the production capacity of the car to 10,000 a month, suggested a new report.
Maruti Suzuki Celerio Bookings Cross 32,000; Company to Double Production Capacity of Celerio
The company which has discontinued the production of A-Star and Ritz is currently having a production capacity of 17,000 cars a month, to enhance the production of Celerio, reported Economic Times. Maruti has reportedly written to its vendors seeking the practicability of doubling the production of its latest hatchback.
Unveiled at the Auto Expo 2014 in Noida, Celerio is the first car in India to come with Automated Manual Transmission (AMT).The Celerio, which was originally launched at a starting price of ₹3.90 lakh, is now marketed in the domestic market at ₹3.76 lakh. The AMT equipped LXi and VXi variants are now on sale for ₹4.14 lakh and ₹4.43 lakh respectively.
Previous reports had said that the company is receiving 1,000 bookings per day, out of which more than 50 percent bookings is for AMT Celerio .
Maruti Celerio, an Overview
Under the hood, Celerio packs a 998cc, 3-cylinder, K10B engine, which can churn out a power of 67 bhp at 6,000 rpm and a torque of 9.1 kgm at 3,500 rpm and is offered in six variants in the country - two with automatic transmission and four with manual transmission - and claims a fuel efficiency of 23.1 kilometers for both versions.
The Lxi variant of the car house features like power steering, air conditioning and heater, while the Vxi offers power windows and manually adjustable ORVMs, in addition to the features offered in Lxi. The top variant Zxi comes loaded with a slew of features like fog lamps, height-adjustable driver seat, anti-lock braking system, electrically adjustable ORVMs and ABS. The Celerio is offered in the market in seven paint jobs.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet