Maruti Suzuki Celerio Bookings Cross 32,000; Company to Double its Capacity
By greeshma m | March 25, 2014 9:33 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki's much acclaimed hatchback offering Celerio has reportedly garnered more than 32,000 booking in the domestic market since its launch in February. Seeing the increasing demand for Celerio in India, Maruti, the country's largest car maker is planning to ramp up the production capacity of the car to 10,000 a month, suggested a new report.
Maruti Suzuki Celerio Bookings Cross 32,000; Company to Double Production Capacity of Celerio
The company which has discontinued the production of A-Star and Ritz is currently having a production capacity of 17,000 cars a month, to enhance the production of Celerio, reported Economic Times. Maruti has reportedly written to its vendors seeking the practicability of doubling the production of its latest hatchback.
Unveiled at the Auto Expo 2014 in Noida, Celerio is the first car in India to come with Automated Manual Transmission (AMT).The Celerio, which was originally launched at a starting price of ₹3.90 lakh, is now marketed in the domestic market at ₹3.76 lakh. The AMT equipped LXi and VXi variants are now on sale for ₹4.14 lakh and ₹4.43 lakh respectively.
Previous reports had said that the company is receiving 1,000 bookings per day, out of which more than 50 percent bookings is for AMT Celerio .
Maruti Celerio, an Overview
Under the hood, Celerio packs a 998cc, 3-cylinder, K10B engine, which can churn out a power of 67 bhp at 6,000 rpm and a torque of 9.1 kgm at 3,500 rpm and is offered in six variants in the country - two with automatic transmission and four with manual transmission - and claims a fuel efficiency of 23.1 kilometers for both versions.
The Lxi variant of the car house features like power steering, air conditioning and heater, while the Vxi offers power windows and manually adjustable ORVMs, in addition to the features offered in Lxi. The top variant Zxi comes loaded with a slew of features like fog lamps, height-adjustable driver seat, anti-lock braking system, electrically adjustable ORVMs and ABS. The Celerio is offered in the market in seven paint jobs.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Floyd Mayweather Gets Investment Advice from Warren Buffett What to Do With Millions
- Former U.S. VP Al Gore Backs Ovo Energy by Investing £8 Million Before IPO
- Study Shows Gap Between What Advisors Say and What Resonates with Investors
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0