Maruti Suzuki Celerio Bookings Cross 32,000; Company to Double its Capacity
By greeshma m | March 25, 2014 9:33 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki's much acclaimed hatchback offering Celerio has reportedly garnered more than 32,000 booking in the domestic market since its launch in February. Seeing the increasing demand for Celerio in India, Maruti, the country's largest car maker is planning to ramp up the production capacity of the car to 10,000 a month, suggested a new report.
Maruti Suzuki Celerio Bookings Cross 32,000; Company to Double Production Capacity of Celerio
The company which has discontinued the production of A-Star and Ritz is currently having a production capacity of 17,000 cars a month, to enhance the production of Celerio, reported Economic Times. Maruti has reportedly written to its vendors seeking the practicability of doubling the production of its latest hatchback.
Unveiled at the Auto Expo 2014 in Noida, Celerio is the first car in India to come with Automated Manual Transmission (AMT).The Celerio, which was originally launched at a starting price of ₹3.90 lakh, is now marketed in the domestic market at ₹3.76 lakh. The AMT equipped LXi and VXi variants are now on sale for ₹4.14 lakh and ₹4.43 lakh respectively.
Previous reports had said that the company is receiving 1,000 bookings per day, out of which more than 50 percent bookings is for AMT Celerio .
Maruti Celerio, an Overview
Under the hood, Celerio packs a 998cc, 3-cylinder, K10B engine, which can churn out a power of 67 bhp at 6,000 rpm and a torque of 9.1 kgm at 3,500 rpm and is offered in six variants in the country - two with automatic transmission and four with manual transmission - and claims a fuel efficiency of 23.1 kilometers for both versions.
The Lxi variant of the car house features like power steering, air conditioning and heater, while the Vxi offers power windows and manually adjustable ORVMs, in addition to the features offered in Lxi. The top variant Zxi comes loaded with a slew of features like fog lamps, height-adjustable driver seat, anti-lock braking system, electrically adjustable ORVMs and ABS. The Celerio is offered in the market in seven paint jobs.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?