Maruti Suzuki Celerio Bookings Cross 32,000; Company to Double its Capacity
By greeshma m | March 25, 2014 9:33 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki's much acclaimed hatchback offering Celerio has reportedly garnered more than 32,000 booking in the domestic market since its launch in February. Seeing the increasing demand for Celerio in India, Maruti, the country's largest car maker is planning to ramp up the production capacity of the car to 10,000 a month, suggested a new report.
Maruti Suzuki Celerio Bookings Cross 32,000; Company to Double Production Capacity of Celerio
The company which has discontinued the production of A-Star and Ritz is currently having a production capacity of 17,000 cars a month, to enhance the production of Celerio, reported Economic Times. Maruti has reportedly written to its vendors seeking the practicability of doubling the production of its latest hatchback.
Unveiled at the Auto Expo 2014 in Noida, Celerio is the first car in India to come with Automated Manual Transmission (AMT).The Celerio, which was originally launched at a starting price of ₹3.90 lakh, is now marketed in the domestic market at ₹3.76 lakh. The AMT equipped LXi and VXi variants are now on sale for ₹4.14 lakh and ₹4.43 lakh respectively.
Previous reports had said that the company is receiving 1,000 bookings per day, out of which more than 50 percent bookings is for AMT Celerio .
Maruti Celerio, an Overview
Under the hood, Celerio packs a 998cc, 3-cylinder, K10B engine, which can churn out a power of 67 bhp at 6,000 rpm and a torque of 9.1 kgm at 3,500 rpm and is offered in six variants in the country - two with automatic transmission and four with manual transmission - and claims a fuel efficiency of 23.1 kilometers for both versions.
The Lxi variant of the car house features like power steering, air conditioning and heater, while the Vxi offers power windows and manually adjustable ORVMs, in addition to the features offered in Lxi. The top variant Zxi comes loaded with a slew of features like fog lamps, height-adjustable driver seat, anti-lock braking system, electrically adjustable ORVMs and ABS. The Celerio is offered in the market in seven paint jobs.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 To Boost Telstra’s Income By $500 Million
- Smaller Australian Telcos Required To Have Usage Alert For Customers To Avoid Phone Bill Shock
- Addiction Rehabilitation Leader BioCorRx, Inc. Participates In San Francisco’s eMoneyShow
- BlackBerry to Host ‘See The Bigger Picture’ Event in London, Dubai & Toronto on Sep 24
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones