Google Nexus 10 2 Release Date Further Delayed as Nexus 8.9 Takes the Limelight
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 25, 2014 8:24 PM EST
The Google Nexus 10 2 release date may be delayed further as Nexus 8.9 tablet took the limelight and may most likely be released soon.
According to Android Origin, Nexus 10 2 launch will be delayed. Also, recent reports claimed that production of the 8-inch tablet will commence in July or August and speculations arise that the device would carry a premium price tag worthy of the specs. The Nexus 8 will replace the Nexus 7 tablet.
Android 4.4.1 KOT49E update is available for Nexus 10.
Nexus 8 was speculated to be released in July or August at the annual I/O Conference alongside a new version of Android operating system. However, Google has not revealed the official launch of the tablet.
Meanwhile, reports claimed that the second generation of Nexus 10 release date was further delayed and yielded to higher expectations from waiting fans.
Google still has not confirmed which company it will work with in making the successor of Google Nexus 10. The first generation was made by Samsung. Some reports claimed that the South Korean company will make a comeback in making the tablet. However, other possible manufacturers that Google may tap are HTC and ASUS.
Previous reports suggest that Google are working alongside HTC on the creation of the Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 and other sources have said that the Nexus 10 may come out before the end of the third quarter this year.
Some of Google Nexus 10 2 rumoured features are 10.1-inch size with a 2560 x 1600 resolution and protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3. Under the hood, there will be 2.3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor or the NVIDIA Tegra 4, 3GB RAM and Adreno 330 GPU. For storage, there will be the standard 16 and 32 GB variants. As for the camera, the tablet will pack an 8MP at the back and the front camera could be 2.1MP. The tablet will also pack a dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, dual-side NFC and a 9500mAh non-removable battery.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists