3 Reasons For Android Users to Switch to iOS 8 Codenamed Okemo: Health App, Killer Camera & Optimised for Big-Screen Support
By Pavithra Rathinavel | March 25, 2014 8:11 PM EST
When Apple moved from iOS 6 to iOS 7, it received mixed reviews with its wide range of changes to its operating system.
According to CultureMob, Apple iOS 8 software update might not have a totally different interface like iOS 7 did. This could be because of the across-the-board changes iOS 7 coupled into one software update, which received blanket criticism for the battery draining problem to slowing down of iPhones abruptly.
Wiki Commons/کوردی کوردستان
iPhone 5s Black
With iOS 8, the changes are supposed to be minor and major performance tune ups.
The 2014 version of Apple's mobile OS is code-named as "Okemo."
The new iOS software will enable iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users with new health and fitness feature. Apple is the pioneer in introducing the healthcare and fitness-tracking app. The new iOS application is called Healthbook and it will be one of the main apps in iOS 8.
Healthbook can be used to track the range of stats relating to blood pressure, physical activity, heart rate, hydration, nutrition, blood sugar, sleep, respiratory rate, oxygen saturation and weight.
The nexus between the hardware and software helps achieve tracking all the health & fitness related information about your body in iOS 8.
For a detailed review on Healthbook, click here.
Apple iOS 8 is touted to be much more powerful than its predecessor. With the rumored sapphire glass-encased display, the much bigger screen display, the much required better battery to the faster motion processing and graphics throughput are worth mentioning, according to reports.
Also the camera of iPhone 5s received much attention and it was well appreciated. Rumor has it that, the camera improvements in iOS 8 is going to be stellar with vast hardware upgrade.
With all the leaked features, improvements, and the rumors going around, iOS 8 probably is the widely talked about and admired OS till date.
You can read about the rumored features here.
Are These Swanky Updates Good Enough to Make Android Users Switch to iOS?
Although, there are many cheap but feature-packed Android phones around the world, critics dub those phones as not up to the mark. Even with this criticism, most of Android phones make money. Hence iOS 8 taking the top spot from Android is still debatable.
Do you think iOS 8 can give Apple the much required boost to steal the top spot? Feel free to share your thoughts.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices