Xbox One, PS4 to Get Rentable Games at Redbox, New Exclusive from Japan Studio, and Diablo 3 Coming
By Gel Galang | March 25, 2014 7:30 PM EST
Renting PS4, Xbox One and Wii U games may now be possible, if a recent rumour is to be believed about Redbox. Apparently, the rental service Redbox may offer a number of next-gen titles, as the service has been spotted by a number of forum members as a soon to arrive feature.
GameSpot has gathered a list of titles that will be offered, which hinclude Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Thief, Super Mario 3D World, Super Luigi Bros. U, and Lego City Undercover, among others.
While the listing is already gone from the Redbox web site, there have also been reports that Redbox branches already engage in this service, but it may become an official one perhaps with a bigger rental title list offered in the 39,000 locations.
A new game coming for the Xbox One from Japan
Tokyo Game Show is something to look forward to if you're an Xbox One fan looking for a new and exciting game. Videogamer stumbled upon this bit of news as announced by Microsoft's Phil Spencer in a statement.
"I'm very excited about the announcement of the release window in Japan. A unique exclusive title for Xbox One is going to be released by an awesome Japanese studio," said Spencer in a statement quoted by Videogamer.
And judging by what Spencer had said about "showing something never seen before" during the TGS seems to be a big clue as to when the game will be making its debut. This may be Microsoft's way of showing that Japan can also be its market, given how a studio is already developing a game exclusively for Microsoft's next-gen console.
Diablo 3 and Reaper of Souls expected to hit Xbox One someday?
Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition is already slated to come to the PS4, and will be bringing with it the Diablo 3 title alongside the Reaper of Souls expansion. However, for those who are playing with the Xbox One, the game may not be necessarily out of reach.
Forbes has gotten in touch with Blizzard and has clarified that despite the lack of announcements for an Xbox One version of the game, it does not immediately mean that there are no plans for the other next-gen console.
"I don't know where we are with Microsoft right now so I can't really comment on what that contract looks like. The point is we are developing for Xbox One and PS4 simultaneously. We hit those major platforms and then our goal as a development team is to make them run," said Blizzard's Alex Mayberry in a statement quoted by Forbes.
Considering that production is ongoing for the Xbox One, the next thing that the developers may need to deal with would be the rights for publishing the game. This may already be the step that they are undertaking, since the PS4's Ultimate Evil Edition has yet to receive any confirmed release date.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Starter Tips And Tricks: Character Creation, Combat Modes, Party, Looting, War Table
- Vodafone Australia Software Update Weekly Wrap For Nov. 20: Blackberry, HTC, Huawei, Samsung And Sony
- HTC One M9: Speculations on Release Date, Specs And Features
- RiAus TV: Australia’s First Science Channel Launched
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics