‘Official Teaser Trailer’ for 24th James Bond Movie Stirs Internet: Video Featuring Daniel Craig as 007 is a Hoax? - Details
By jaskiran kaur | March 25, 2014 6:24 PM EST
James Bond fans rejoiced when they got a glimpse into 007's 24th movie through a rather early teaser trailer that emerged on internet on Thursday, March 20, 2014 via video sharing Web site YouTube. The 30 seconds teaser trailer supposedly revealed the name of the next James Bond movie along with its release date. It also gave a glimpse into the storyline of the much-awaited movie. Turns out it was just a hoax video that claimed to be "official teaser trailer" of James Bond's next silver screen venture. Read on to find out more details.
Ardent fans of James Bond movies definitely got fooled by the hoax trailer video that surfaced on the internet. The trailer fallaciously revealed the title of 24th James Bond movie to be "Come and Dive." Rather convincing hoax trailer spread like a wildfire on the Internet after being launched on YouTube. According to the Guardian, several media outlets also received what now appears to be a fake press release. It falsely claimed to be from Sony Pictures. The press release stated names of the producers and links to fake teaser featuring James Bond played by Daniel Craig and an actress whose face could not be seen in the video.
The press release also revealed the fake synopsis of the 24th James Bond movie. Synopsis in the false press release read: "In Come and Dive, Bond will be swept away by a dangerous love story. As MI6 rises from its ashes, 007 must protect a mysterious stranger and unveil long forgotten secrets." (Quoted by The Guardian.)
The video opens with a woman standing in the graveyard followed by a close up short of Daniel Craig. October 2015 is the falsely revealed release date of the movie shown at the end of the video.
However, some of the Web sites which received the fake press release were quick to spot that it was just a hoax video. Total Film figured the truth behind the video. The Web site noted the shot has been created using James Bond's 2012 London Olympics video featuring Daniel Craig as 007. Meanwhile, LA Times pointed at the "vague" log line which is created using some "daring-sounding adjectives."
Moreover, The Week noted that James Bond's 24th movie will only begin filming later this year. The Web site then inferred that if this teaser trailer was to be believed then it would mean "Sony made this bizarre teaser months before a single frame of actual footage had been shot." Also the hoax video directed fans to visit official 007 Web site which reportedly "says absolutely nothing about "Come and Dive." In the meantime, the video that was posted by an account that read "sony-media" has been taken down from YouTube, but it can still be viewed HERE.
The real 24th James Bond movie will feature Daniel Craig as the MI6 agent and it will hit the theatres in autumn 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar