'The Originals' Actress Claire Holt Reveals Exit from CW TV Series is Temporary, Life Choice Reason Behind Exit
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 25, 2014 5:18 PM EST
"The Originals" fans saw Rebekah Mikaelson (Claire Holt) leave New Orleans in Episode 16 "Farewell to Storyville" but they were stunned to find out that the Aussie actress was really exiting the show. The 25-year-old blonde beauty opened up on the reason behind her exit as well as the possibility of returning to the successful CW spin-off series.
Claire Holt teased that she finds her absence in "The Originals" to be temporary because she wants to spend more time at home, the Digital Spy reports. At the 2014 PaleyFest event, the Australian actress further clarified the main reason behind her exit revealing that she was not pushed out of the TV series and there were no conflict between the cast members.
"I didn't quit midseason. This was something we discussed form the start. I made a life choice, not a career choice. I made a choice to come home for a while. I realized I hadn't seen people that I loved and cared about for a while. It was so tough for me," Ms Holt shared in the Seattlepi report.
In an interview with BuzzFeed, Claire Holt expressed gratitude for being part of "The Originals" as well as "The Vampire Diaries" that boost up her career in television.The actress further insisted in the report that she had no plan of staying away from home for a long time so she simply looks at her absence in "The Originals" to be only temporary.
In the upcoming "The Originals" episodes, executive producer Julie Plec teased that fans may get a chance to see Rebekah again in flashback scenes. "The opportunity exists for all the family members to return, because they have a thousand years of history," Ms Plec stated.
From there, the executive producer discussed what fans can expect in the remaining Season 1 episodes with Rebekah gone and free from her Original hybrid brother Klaus (Joseph Morgan). "In ending Rebekah's journey, we opened up a lot of room in the final chapter of the season, which is really exploring all these different factions we've introduced along the way - the witches, the werewolves, the humans, Klaus playing all sides, and now Elijah stepping into that leadership role to keep some semblance of peace," Julie Plec explained.
She further added that the people from these different factions all have one thing in mind which is to take over the French Quarter. To do so, every character is expected to "play a dicey game of backstabbing and manipulation that won't end well."
"The Originals" is scheduled to return on April 15, 2014 with the still untitled Episode 18. The brand new episode will air after another long break on Tuesday night at 8/7c on the CW Network.
More Articles to Read:
'The Originals' Spoilers: Promo Video for Episode 18 Revealed, Another Brotherly Conflict Between Elijah and Klaus? [WATCH] - [READ]
'The Originals' Episode 17 'Moon Over Bourbon Street' Recap/Spoilers: Elijah Unites Factions in New Orleans, Klaus Has a Different Plan - [READ]
'The Originals' Episode 16 'Farewell to Storyville' Recap/Spoilers: Goodbye to an Original Vampire - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate