HTC One M8 Killer Performance Beats iPhone 5S, Galaxy S5 And Xperia Z1 on Processing Speed And Gaming Experience
By Ryan Inoyori | March 25, 2014 4:42 PM EST
Benchmarks have shown HTC One M8 features with unparalleled performance when compared to Apple iPhone 5S, Samsung Galaxy S5 and Sony Xperia Z1. But its killing performance goes unimpressive under browser testing by Browsermark.
According to Basemark OS II benchmarking test, HTC One M8 wins the competition with its unmatched and killer performance in overall processing. HTC One M8 currently ranks number one, beating all other brands.
HTC One M8 wins with 1071.37 ranking it first followed by ASUS PadFone Infinity 2 A86 with 1070.26. LG Nexus did not even make it to the top three and landed at fourth place with 1034.94 points. iPhone 5S is at fifth place with 1019.03, Galaxy S5 at seventh with 986.18 and Xperia Z1 on the eight with 984.16.
HTC One M8 sports 2.3 GHz of quad-core Krait 400 Qualcomm Snapdraon 801 processor which is slightly lower than Galaxy S5's 2.5 GHz processor and only a fraction higher than Xperia Z1 2.26 GHz processor. iPhone 5S 64-bit processor chipset may not be enough since HTC One M8 features quad-core.
Under the gaming section of Basemark X, HTC One M8 wins with 26328.33 points followed by Nokia 1520 at second place and Samsung Galaxy S5 on the third spot. Sony Xperia Z1 follows on the fifth spot while Apple iPhone 5S landed too far at 18th place.
It is astonishing that HTC used the same type of graphic chipset by other manufacturers on M8. Lumia 1520, Galaxy S5 and Xperia Z1 are all using Adreno 330 - same with HTC One M8 - but shows optimized software compared to other brands. iPhone 5S sports Apple's own A7 graphics processing unit for gaming and graphics rendering.
If HTC One M8 wins on both overall performance and gaming experience, Apple beats the Android flagship smartphone on the browser test from Browsermark. iPhone 5S scored 3621.12 at number one followed by Galaxy S5 G900V with 3546.70 and Galaxy S5 G900F with 3303.88. HTC One M8 ranked at number seven with 3206.65, defeated by Nexus 5, Galaxy Note 3 AT&T and Xperia Z1 on browsing performance.
HTC did a great job on maximizing the Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 to sport constant performance level on overall functions and gaming experience.
Interested buyers and HTC One loyalist may begin purchasing HTC One M8 a.k.a. One 2014 starting tomorrow in London via Carphone Warehouse during the launching event.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- Sony Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact Gets Certified For 23.0.1.A.1.43, Xperia Z3 Dual For 23.0.F.1.82
- 'World Of Warcraft' 6.0.3 Patch Hotfixes Update Including Hallow's End And The Latest Resolved Issues Regarding The 'WoW' User Interface, Classes, Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Gets A New Trailer And Hidden Demo Missions
- Check Out The ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection’ Ranking, New Anniversary Trailer And Level Walkthroughs
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists