Android 4.4.3 Release: KTU72B Build Version to Fix Nexus 5 Camera Bug And Battery Drain on Next Update
By Ryan Inoyori | March 25, 2014 4:26 PM EST
A few days ago, a new firmware for LG Nexus 5 leaked online with build version KTU65 running Android 4.4.3. Currently, it suggests the firmware is designed to fix two major bugs on Nexus such as camera and battery drain issues.
Some owners of LG Nexus 5 are annoyed by a camera bug often seen as a software process called "mm-qcamera-daemon," which consumes resources and drains significant amount of power. According to BGR, Google is already on it and currently develops a permanent fix on the camera's glitch and significant battery drain caused by the bug.
But Google did not announce the timeline when Nexus 5 owners will have the upcoming update patch resolving the problem. Based on Google's Android Issue Tracker, they already have fixes for the current high CPU reports on Nexus 5 caused by the software process and will be included on the next maintenance update.
Here are other related issues found by Google's Android Issue Tracker:
1. Skype recent update accesses camera regularly (they don't currently believe that Skype contains a bug).
2. Regular app access to the camera in the background service can trigger the bug.
3. Video chat apps may cause the bug.
The update patch is still under testing and there is no exact date when will it be ready for rollout. But there are certain temporary fixes for the camera bug issues such as uninstalling Skype or any similar camera apps that access the background, provided these apps are triggering the bug otherwise, it is fine to keep.
Android 4.4.3 Firmware
A developer noted "Android 4.4.3 is under testing. Build number is "KTU72B," which dated around March 13th and probably contains the bug fixes on Nexus 5's "mm-qcamera-daemon" and the battery drain. But the developer did not reveal the actual timeline of the rollout schedule.
Also, there is no information if Android 4.4.3 will only bring bug fixes or if it will carry other new features for Nexus 5 and if it is also intended to be delivered for Nexus 4, Nexus 7 2012, Nexus 7 2013 and Nexus 10.
Some rumors pointed Android 4.4.3 is also a pre-lollipop update for Android 4.5/5.0 coming this summer with probable appearance at Google I/O 2014 in June.
Nexus 8 slate is expected to run the next-generation of Android OS and will replace Nexus 7 series starting this year.
Android 4.5/5.0 is likely to arrive on Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 2013 but low chances on Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 2012 due to the strict implementation of 18-month update window software support followed by manufacturers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- Robin Williams to Be Honoured As A Character In 'World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor'
- Hypersonic Travel: Can Space Tourism be a Possibility
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown